English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Creation > Music > Music. Finished Work

Old 11 October 2023, 12:59   #1
Reynolds
Alien Breeder

Elite II - Frontier

I made another one.

Fun fact that it was way better in my head and everytime when I listened in the game during play
But to keep myself to my former rule I set for my covers, I left it as is.
Still hope you will like it.

[ Show youtube player ]

Enjoy.
Old 11 October 2023, 13:10   #2
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I really like it. I'm very bias though as I am the worlds biggest David Lowe fan. For years "Uncle Art" was very illusive with almost no presence on the internet but I tracked him down (or rather his son Adam tracked me down having read some posts I wrote in a forum) and I like to think I helped persuade him to come out of "video games" retirement and work on his 2016 remix album "A Temporal Shift".

If you want to get a feel for what the original musician had in mind for the drums, David did an orchestral remix as part of the album.

[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by alexh; 11 October 2023 at 13:28.
Old 11 October 2023, 13:27   #3
Reynolds
Alien Breeder

Yepp, I know this video, heard when it came out. somehow I felt myself "unstable" during playing, due to an unknown reason, so that's why it did not became better at the end.
I just had no more time to re-record it because of my trip to Amiga38 and other things, so left it as is. Maybe one day I will make it again.
Old 11 October 2023, 15:13   #4
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
I really like it. I'm very bias though as I am the worlds biggest David Lowe fan. For years "Uncle Art" was very illusive with almost no presence on the internet but I tracked him down (or rather his son Adam tracked me down having read some posts I wrote in a forum) and I like to think I helped persuade him to come out of "video games" retirement and work on his 2016 remix album "A Temporal Shift".

If you want to get a feel for what the original musician had in mind for the drums, David did an orchestral remix as part of the album.

[ Show youtube player ]
I'm not a Dave Lowe fan but do like what he did on Frontier
Old 11 October 2023, 15:22   #5
demether

frontier is one of the greatest games of all times, the soundtrack is a part of it ! great cover
Old 11 October 2023, 15:56   #6
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
I'm not a Dave Lowe fan but do like what he did on Frontier
It started for me when Dave started producing studio quality versions of his video game music that would be included on cassette tapes with the games. In todays world it's hard to understand just how revolutionary that was but in 1986 where most music was basic chip music it rocked my world.
Old 11 October 2023, 19:19   #7
Seiya

nice, i think this music very perfect to use drums
Old 11 October 2023, 21:03   #8
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
It started for me when Dave started producing studio quality versions of his video game music that would be included on cassette tapes with the games. In todays world it's hard to understand just how revolutionary that was but in 1986 where most music was basic chip music it rocked my world.
Does Dave do TV and film music now?

Saw a credit for David Lowe recently
Old 11 October 2023, 22:50   #9
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Does Dave do TV and film music now? Saw a credit for David Lowe recently
No that's not him. Dave is retired but his Daughter Holly has a music career and he supports her.

The David Lowe who does TV and films must have had quite a few people write to him over the years asking him if he was "UncleArt" because he replied to me with "Not again... no it's not me" reply.
Old 12 October 2023, 00:59   #10
Adropac2
Zone Friend

Dave Lowe has done some tremendous stuff. My personal faves would be the music he did for Starglider, Starglider2 and Carrier Command which the tape versions are glorious
Old 13 October 2023, 11:03   #11
Captain_ Kal

Quote:

[ Show youtube player ]
I bought the vinyl and played it, using a tube amplifier!!! Brought tears to my eyes!!!!
Old 13 October 2023, 15:07   #12
Calabazam

Very nice drums addition to the score.
I have always like this music but felt that the Amiga could have used better instrument samples because it sounded quite poor as is. Shame on me though! How can i ask more from a game which has a whole galaxy in one disk (or was it two? i can't remember, because of WHDLOAD i have not seen my Frontier disks for 25 years).
Old 13 October 2023, 15:48   #13
Reynolds
Alien Breeder

Thanks for all the kind words for everyone