English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 24 July 2018, 10:01   #121
Glen M

OK on topic.

The CD32 in most instances were properly implemented brings the better version of the game with CD Audio and joypad support. The console fits in the living room better than a computer so for that type of gaming experience its a winner in my book.

I've said enough, my point is made and I don't want to be drawn into an argument. I had enough of this in school with my CD32 vs everyone's Playstations or Saturns FFS. I don't need it here too lol.
Old 24 July 2018, 10:48   #122
sokolovic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Keep this thread on topic and keep the CD32/Amiga bashing elsewhere thanks!
Most importantly, compare console machines with a computer is pure non sense.
If you accept the idea that SMW2 using a Super FX2 chip is still a genuine SNES game (which it is), so you have to accept the idea that a 68060 / PPC is still an Amiga.
So where are Quake and WipeOut on the SNES and the MD ? And even on an unexpanded Amiga, Mr Nutz is a games that is really on par with consoles standards. In fact, the MD version had to drop some mode-7 style effects that are on the Amiga.

You can also argue that the Super Metroid developpement team had 22 peoples, not to mention people in the special thanks list. I don't think that an amiga game ever had so much peoples working on one title.

Some Amiga titles that were planned on SNES were canned due to the console limitation. Frontier and Indy 4 for example. And some others like Civilization are nowhere near the Amiga version. Not a console typical games ? Well that's why Amiga is a computer and SNES a console and you can't really compare one with the other, insisting only on Amiga limitations only without mentionning console ones (and hardware sprite limitations where bypassed by talented Amiga coders)

So both system are great, and had great games. But you cannot compare one with the others like they were the same thing. They are'nt
Old 24 July 2018, 17:30   #123
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokolovic View Post
You can also argue that the Super Metroid developpement team had 22 peoples, not to mention people in the special thanks list.[...]
You can indeed argue that but that would be the wrong thread to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokolovic View Post
So both system are great, and had great games. But you cannot compare one with the others like they were the same thing. They are'nt
You can actually compare whatever you want, including MD/SNES to Amigas.
Just not on this thread, create one if you want.
Old 25 July 2018, 00:53   #124
idrougge

Exactly, let's keep this thread on-topic. Sorry for derailing.