English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 08 January 2010, 14:43   #1
trydowave

cd32 volume control for cd tracks

Finally got fightin spirit to work in winuae and its great playing the cd version. The orignal floppy version had very quiet music and loud sfx (not to mention horrendous loading, but thats another subject).

Anyways, i find that its gone from one extreme to another. Now the cd tracks drown out the fx in the cd version.

I have tried adjusting volume in winuae and the game itself which has a music and fx slider. None of these work. Winuae seems to play the audio tracks fine but allows no adjustment of the volume.

Please could someone tell me if its possible to adjust the volume of the cd audio. Or is this a feature that will come in a later release.

One slight correction and Fightin' Spirit will be perfect.

Regards
Tony
Old 08 January 2010, 20:18   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

There is no CD audio volume support in MCI API. Only way to adjust CD audio volume is to change global CD mixer setting which isn't good idea..

"Use other API?" = not interested.
Old 16 January 2010, 11:36   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I lied. I was interested. Check latest beta (note that there is no separate cd volume but at least global volume controls CD audio volume)
Old 27 February 2011, 18:00   #4
Grouch

Hello

just a quick question: there is still no chance to separate the CD-Music volume in winuae (CD32-Mode) from the Sound-FX roight? I have the problem in Chuck Rock II, i find the CD-Music a tad bit too loud...

Ah and a second question: anyone knows where to find this aforementioned CD32-Version of Fightin' Spirit? This is the ONLY rom i could not put my greedy hands on yet.
Old 27 February 2011, 18:18   #5
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

If you know where to get the TOSEC sets, have a look in the 'Amiga CD' one for Fightin' Spirit.
Old 27 February 2011, 19:17   #6
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
Hello

just a quick question: there is still no chance to separate the CD-Music volume in winuae (CD32-Mode) from the Sound-FX roight? I have the problem in Chuck Rock II, i find the CD-Music a tad bit too loud...
I guess it can be implemented now, previously it would have been quite pointless because CDA was not handled by WinUAE which made proper volume control difficult/impossible.
Old 27 February 2011, 20:24   #7
Grouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
If you know where to get the TOSEC sets, have a look in the 'Amiga CD' one for Fightin' Spirit.
i looked eveywhere in the eab.fileserver but could not find the CD32-Version Or do you mean i should look somewhere else?
Ah well i guess i don't really need it anyways, the AGA-Version seems very fine too with CD32-Pad Support etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
I guess it can be implemented now, previously it would have been quite pointless because CDA was not handled by WinUAE which made proper volume control difficult/impossible.
i would love to see this feature in a future version of winuae! But i don't know if all the work is worth the trouble, because as it seems only my humble self and this trydowave dude are looking forward to it anyway.
Old 27 February 2011, 20:27   #8
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
Or do you mean i should look somewhere else?
Yes, somewhere else Maybe you can have another look on the file server tomorrow though...
Old 27 February 2011, 20:55   #9
Grouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Yes, somewhere else Maybe you can have another look on the file server tomorrow though...
i gave up. Looked everywhere in ze internets, there are some sites with nearly all CD32-Games, but everywhere this fricken Fightin' Spirit .iso is missing. There even is a 70GB-Torrent full of CD32 crap, but again, no Fightin' Spirit.

Ah well, maybe i will look on the fileserver again tomorrow.

€: pphhhh like in real Life, you find the stuff when you don't look for it lol.
As i tried to put my hands on Genetic Species, i accidently stumbled across Fightin' Spirit, hidden in an AmigaCD folder, instead of CD32. Darn i guess you tried to tell me this already...

Last edited by Grouch; 27 February 2011 at 21:06.
Old 27 February 2011, 22:40   #10
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Well yes, that's what I meant It's on the file server now as well... just in case
Old 27 February 2011, 23:03   #11
Grouch

Great job thank you! So hopefully the next troubled soul will find it quicker than me.

€: ok i have tested the CD32-Version of Fightin' Spirit now and i am quite pleased. It is definitley better than the AGA-Version, simply because of the Music. trydowave is right, it is a bit too loud (where's mah winuae-Fix? ), but it is way better than the AGA-Music, which was so quiet you could not hear it at all.

Last edited by Grouch; 28 February 2011 at 00:59.