English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 02 September 2019, 18:25   #1
Lars Tarkas

Back to the Amiga

I'm getting back into the Amiga after being away for a while. My first Amiga was an Amiga 500 that I bought in 1989. That eventually broke and I lost track of it. I still have the 1084S monitor that doesn't work but might be fixable. In the mid-90s I bought an Amiga 1200. That needs some work, but until I get the free time and the space to work on it, I'm, going to use Amiga Forever. Right now, I'm using Amiga Forever on a Intel i5 Windows 7 Laptop.

Amiga Forever is working OK for me, but I have some old ABasiC programs that I want to use. I used to play a version of Monopoly written in ABasiC and I want to give it is try again. I have the LHA file downloaded and uncompressed on the Windows side, but I've been trying to figure out how to copy these files to the emulated Amiga environment, but I haven't been able to figure it out. Any information would be appreciated.
Old 02 September 2019, 19:12   #2
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Tarkas View Post
I have the LHA file downloaded and uncompressed on the Windows side, but I've been trying to figure out how to copy these files to the emulated Amiga environment, but I haven't been able to figure it out. Any information would be appreciated.
As Amiga Forever is based on Winuae, you should be able to drag and drop the .lha archive directly from the Windows side into the AF/Winuae window (you need to not use the fullscreen mode at that time). If you do that while running Workbench (either HD-installed or from floppy) it should appear as a new drive. You can then open it and do what you want with the files inside.
Old 02 September 2019, 20:06   #3
Lars Tarkas

I tried dragging the file to the Amiga environment, but that didn't work. There seem to be a lot of Winuae features that I can't figure out how to access.
Old 03 September 2019, 14:34   #4
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

I haven't use AF in a while, and not sure if they removed some of WinUAE functionality.

From what I remember, rather then HDF, they are using folders, so in that case, just check what is your hard disk configuration, and if is folder, just copy your files in that folder where AF is pointing as DH0.
Old 03 September 2019, 17:32   #5
Lars Tarkas

I figured out how to use a shared folder. Had to Edit the Amiga instance to it to use a shared drive. That's where I had to go to turn off the emulated floppy sounds. One think I'm not nostalgic for is the clicking of the flop[py drive!
Old 15 October 2019, 21:01   #6
DrFruit
Resident Nutter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Tarkas View Post
I figured out how to use a shared folder. Had to Edit the Amiga instance to it to use a shared drive. That's where I had to go to turn off the emulated floppy sounds. One think I'm not nostalgic for is the clicking of the flop[py drive!
Welcome!

I cant help myself but keep the drive noises Classic!