English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 18 July 2011, 21:32   #1
Photon

PC app that reads/writes to Amiga-formatted card in card reader?

Stupid question, maybe - but are there apps that like WinUAE can r/w access CF cards?

Ideally, I'd just right-click a file and "put on my FFS-volume please", either in a file browser or a web browser.

Alternately, an app that has two folders (PC and Amiga) set up and syncs them both ways with a click - or by the insertion of an Amiga-formatted volume (option).

If there's a commandline command available (SF?) for Windows I'd be happy to make a slim wrapper, sync, decompress etc, I think this would be way cool.
Old 18 July 2011, 22:19   #2
Amiga1992

Never thought about this since WinUAE boots so fast I don't mind using it for these purposes.

Having a software that mounts any type of Amiga volume in the system like Macdrive does with Mac volumes, would be most helpful, though.
Old 18 July 2011, 22:27   #3
Jimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
Stupid question, maybe - but are there apps that like WinUAE can r/w access CF cards?

Ideally, I'd just right-click a file and "put on my FFS-volume please", either in a file browser or a web browser.

Alternately, an app that has two folders (PC and Amiga) set up and syncs them both ways with a click - or by the insertion of an Amiga-formatted volume (option).

If there's a commandline command available (SF?) for Windows I'd be happy to make a slim wrapper, sync, decompress etc, I think this would be way cool.
You can do this with linux. You can mount the Amiga filesystem like any other file system to read/write to.
Old 19 July 2011, 00:00   #4
Photon

Jimbo, I suspected that - a Linux box in Windows, or rebooting, to copy a file is a bit overkill though. Exists a port? What's needed is really copy, delete, and mount.

Akira, yes. Of course that's how I do it today, booting, navigating to the same places in Diskmaster and finding that file, select, copy button etc. A separate WinUAE installation with an auto-starting config and startup-sequence, with no fps-cap. That could be worth mucking about with

Hmm... I actually like this more and more, thanks Akira! No complex mixture of loose components, no multiple programs accessing the CF card using potentially slightly different filesystem-implementations. Without a decent CLI sync-program you'd be stuck with "copy A:myPCdir B:myAmigaDir" in startup-sequence, but it could be useful enough perhaps. I'll try that first and see how it goes.
Old 19 July 2011, 03:41   #5
Supamax
Da Digger :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
You can do this with linux. You can mount the Amiga filesystem like any other file system to read/write to.
WOW, I didn't know that!
How is it possible? How can Linux mount & access the Amiga filesystem?
Old 19 July 2011, 06:32   #6
desiv

http://www.yueksel.org/index.php?tit..._non-Amiga_box
Old 19 July 2011, 09:33   #7
Jimbo

Yes, the same way you mount the filesystem for PUAE to read/write (unless they have another way now)