English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 22 February 2018, 12:19   #801
earok
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Auckland
Posts: 2,153
Honestly, yes.. I think I had Atlantis on an older collection (no longer available online). Mouse and some keyboard commands were mapped to the pad, though I remember hand-to-hand combat being painful, and of course there's no saving.

A LucasArts collection with a bunch of presaves would be well received I think, though unfortunately I don't have time for that now!
earok is offline  
Old 10 July 2018, 22:47   #802
brigand
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Germany
Posts: 16
@earok: I downloaded your Flashback port from "vintageisthenewold". However it stucks (black screen) after the intro and the menu selection. Was there an updated version that can be downloaded somewhere or do you have a tip why it hangs?
brigand is offline  
Old 10 July 2018, 23:03   #803
earok
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Auckland
Posts: 2,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigand View Post
@earok: I downloaded your Flashback port from "vintageisthenewold". However it stucks (black screen) after the intro and the menu selection. Was there an updated version that can be downloaded somewhere or do you have a tip why it hangs?
Not that I can think of unless you've got FastRAM. I'd need to republish with a fix for that.
earok is offline  
Old 11 July 2018, 10:03   #804
brigand
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Germany
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
Not that I can think of unless you've got FastRAM. I'd need to republish with a fix for that.

I use a tf328 expansion card made by Stephen Leary (@terriblefire) with 8MB FastRam. Is there a fix for this I can apply myself (e.g. WHDLoad parameter or other config file tweaks)?
brigand is offline  
Old 11 July 2018, 10:27   #805
earok
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Auckland
Posts: 2,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigand View Post
I use a tf328 expansion card made by Stephen Leary (@terriblefire) with 8MB FastRam. Is there a fix for this I can apply myself (e.g. WHDLoad parameter or other config file tweaks)?
The Flashback disc uses the old "WHDLoadCD32" utility, which was freeware but crippled for anything that wasn't a standard CD32 (anything with FastRAM). It's possible to substitute with regular WHDLoad (especially now that regular WHDLoad is freeware these days).

But if you give me a couple of days I'll see what I can do about a re-release, there's a few things in that version of the disc that I should fix anyway.
earok is offline  
Old 11 July 2018, 10:53   #806
brigand
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Germany
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
The Flashback disc uses the old "WHDLoadCD32" utility, which was freeware but crippled for anything that wasn't a standard CD32 (anything with FastRAM). It's possible to substitute with regular WHDLoad (especially now that regular WHDLoad is freeware these days).

But if you give me a couple of days I'll see what I can do about a re-release, there's a few things in that version of the disc that I should fix anyway.

thanks man! looking forward to it
brigand is offline  
Old 21 July 2018, 18:37   #807
SimonCD32
Amiga Diva

SimonCD32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Portsmouth, UK
Posts: 93
gutted that i didnt get to download these before they were taken offline (
SimonCD32 is offline  
Old 22 July 2018, 00:07   #808
earok
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Auckland
Posts: 2,153
Most (all?) of these, you'll be able to find them in the EAB FTP server
earok is offline  
Old 22 July 2018, 02:55   #809
earok
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Auckland
Posts: 2,153
https://mega.nz/#!F75kGSxD!UGspdPpdO...d7R3QB2W6gVbf8

Update to Flashback. Untested, but should be working on a FastRAM equipped CD32, also I've redone the intro in HAM8. Otherwise it's identical to the previous release.
earok is offline  
Old 23 July 2018, 22:15   #810
brigand
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Germany
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
https://mega.nz/#!F75kGSxD!UGspdPpdO...d7R3QB2W6gVbf8

Update to Flashback. Untested, but should be working on a FastRAM equipped CD32, also I've redone the intro in HAM8. Otherwise it's identical to the previous release.

Hi Earok,


like I promised earlier, I have just tested Flashback with the TF328 expansion card. First of all the game starts now and somehow menus are loaded quicker . The intro however has some lag in it. It runs not as smooth as the previous version and I have an offset with sound (e.g. first mashine gun firering is heard before seen). The first intro version is smooth and insync at my CD32 (same CDR, burn speed, etc.).


Anyway, thank you so far for recreating the release!!!
brigand is offline  
Old 28 July 2018, 10:28   #811
rapidcyclist
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Amigaland
Posts: 1
I was looking for the Animations Collection on eab - forgive if I have not looked in the right place, but is it still available, and if so, if some kind souls may be able to point me in the right direction ?

Thank you
rapidcyclist is offline  
Old 19 October 2019, 01:01   #812
AmigaWolf
Registered User

AmigaWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Bla
Posts: 26
Do somebody have the link download link of Putty Squad Amiga CD32 ISO, i would love to have that, links are not working on indieretronews.com
AmigaWolf is offline  
Old 19 October 2019, 01:47   #813
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 15,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaWolf View Post
Do somebody have the link download link of Putty Squad Amiga CD32 ISO, i would love to have that, links are not working on indieretronews.com
See here: https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p...&postcount=150...
DamienD is offline  
Old 19 October 2019, 22:44   #814
AmigaWolf
Registered User

AmigaWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Bla
Posts: 26
Thank you very much, so great to have a Amiga CD32 version now of Putty Squad, i think my sisters children and i are gone love it, when they gone stay with me again for a weekend.

Last edited by AmigaWolf; 19 October 2019 at 23:22.
AmigaWolf is offline  
Old 20 October 2019, 16:48   #815
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 15,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaWolf View Post
Thank you very much, so great to have a Amiga CD32 version now of Putty Squad, i think my sisters children and i are gone love it, when they gone stay with me again for a weekend.
No problem, enjoy

Did you grab the Unofficial CD32 Release - The Ultimate Amiga Dizzy Collection CD32 also?
DamienD is offline  
Old 24 October 2019, 21:47   #816
gjb1985
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: netherlands
Posts: 88
none of the links in the original post here don't work. is there any way to still download them?
gjb1985 is offline  
Old 24 October 2019, 21:54   #817
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 15,648
Most should be on the "EAB File Server" or even TOSEC.

I don't have them all but... which ones in particular are you after?
DamienD is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Uridium 2 CD32 (Unofficial Conversion) Heavy Stylus Amiga scene 20 03 September 2014 13:53
Unofficial CD32 Ports Heavy Stylus Retrogaming General Discussion 11 02 September 2014 21:41
Unofficial CD32 Conversions (An RGCD Side-Project) Heavy Stylus Amiga scene 102 08 May 2011 23:20
New CD32 Website Dedicated To Unofficial Conversions Heavy Stylus Retrogaming General Discussion 5 14 March 2009 20:22
let's make them all CD32 [Unofficial] :D Swierk request.Old Rare Games 19 01 April 2005 22:35

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.10513 seconds with 16 queries