Old 16 October 2019, 22:03   #1541
Steril707
Tigerskunk!

Get some rest, mate..
Old 16 October 2019, 22:04   #1542
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolkien View Post
Come on mcgeezer! You have won a break, a monument and a few beers mate! What a great work! Thanks!
Thanks Tolkien.

There is a nasty side-effect to when I stop coding, I start taking notice of some of the arseholes that seem to congregate over at the PPA.

I honestly do not know what it is about that place, some of them are fine but the odd few need many years of therapy.

I suspect they are jealous of the game that none of their own were involved in it.

ho hum, no harm done.

Last edited by mcgeezer; 16 October 2019 at 23:30.
Old 16 October 2019, 22:09   #1543
tolkien
AmigaMan

Dont know about those types mate. I know im going to play a bit to rygar. Perhaps a bit to Bombjack later...Dont know what games I can play from those types sorry.
Old 16 October 2019, 23:50   #1544
wairnair

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
Please could you try this version below with the two button fix.

Thanks to Ross, reaction time to reading the buttons is now in one frame as opposed to two so much more responsive.

http://109.228.4.199/downloads/Rygar...2ButtonFix.adf
WinUAE: feels definitely better but I still see a bit of pause when jumping. Interestingly the fire button works without any noticeable pause whatsoever. Why does the 2nd button "lag" and the 1st button doesn't? Does it take more time/cpu cycles to read the 2nd button?. Don't get me wrong - I'd play this game with a longer pause just as much!

real CD32: needs jotd's next WHDload patch. I guess it'd be best to wait until the glitches are ironed out.
Old 16 October 2019, 23:58   #1545
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wairnair View Post
WinUAE: feels definitely better but I still see a bit of pause when jumping. Interestingly the fire button works without any noticeable pause whatsoever. Why does the 2nd button "lag" and the 1st button doesn't? Does it take more time/cpu cycles to read the 2nd button?. Don't get me wrong - I'd play this game with a longer pause just as much!

real CD32: needs jotd's next WHDload patch. I guess it'd be best to wait until the glitches are ironed out.
I don't experience any lag when jumping - the game is very responsive when jumping, there's no extra cycles to do the jump over a fire (probably the other way round really).
Old 17 October 2019, 01:06   #1546
Docent

Quote:
Thanks Tolkien.

There is a nasty side-effect to when I stop coding, I start taking notice of some of the arseholes that seem to congregate over at the PPA.

I honestly do not know what it is about that place, some of them are fine but the odd few need many years of therapy.
You lied again about the discussion on ppa, here's https://www.ppa.pl/forum/komentarze/...rior/2#m663433 your answer to someone who said, that for him Rygar (the original) is not an interesting game to play. How you called that person everybody can see and read.
If you cant stand any form of criticism or can't discuss without insulting others, don't visit ppa forum.
Quote:
I suspect they are jealous of the game that none of their own were involved in it.
Buahahah, nice joke.
You really has ego problem.
Old 17 October 2019, 01:30   #1547
Retro1234
Boo

I haven't had time for an extensive play but I will do on my phone
Old 17 October 2019, 02:52   #1548
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
I don't experience any lag when jumping - the game is very responsive when jumping, there's no extra cycles to do the jump over a fire (probably the other way round really).

Me neither. Jump is very fast without any lag/delay. One frame button read is as fast as Super Mario Bros. 1 on the NES. You can't get it any faster on the Amiga.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 17 October 2019 at 03:24.
Old 17 October 2019, 09:32   #1549
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docent View Post
You lied again about the discussion on ppa, here's https://www.ppa.pl/forum/komentarze/...rior/2#m663433 your answer to someone who said, that for him Rygar (the original) is not an interesting game to play. How you called that person everybody can see and read.
If you cant stand any form of criticism or can't discuss without insulting others, don't visit ppa forum.

Buahahah, nice joke.
You really has ego problem.
Errr... no, you're talking shit and I won't be drawn into it because the conversation is pretty much worthless.

Honestly, your PPA forum is a toxic shit hole as you seem to have a crew over there that is an anti-Amiga love nest.

Go back over there and talk about how you don't like Rygar some more.

btw - it's free to download for you to review.

As for ego's - I'm not the one going around telling people how they should and shouldn't spend their time - now... jog on.

Last edited by mcgeezer; 17 October 2019 at 10:11.
Old 17 October 2019, 09:56   #1550
Coagulus
Gets there in the end...

I finally got to play it on UAE4Arm on my phone. It's great! I'm obviously getting old as I found it quite hard, although I did notice that each new game I got a bit further.

Congratulations!
Old 17 October 2019, 10:18   #1551
Hewitson

Just read the thread on PPA. They really are a bunch of Penis Polishing Assholes. Quite strange, because all the Polish people I have met have been lovely.

Last edited by Hewitson; 17 October 2019 at 10:24.
Old 17 October 2019, 10:43   #1552
Solo Kazuki

Excuse me, could You show me my "assholness, please?

Saying overall about some people, whilst only few have annoying nagging habit (yes THIS guy on letter "S" is known from being like that) is some kind of stereotypic and unjust.

That kind of accusing larger group of people makes You just what You said about this few ones.
Old 17 October 2019, 10:52   #1553
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

People may like or dislike the genre, it remains that Amiga Rygar IS a great port from an Arcade game.
Old 17 October 2019, 12:59   #1554
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
Thumbs up

In spite of the small small bug found ... for me rygar is part of the Top 3 of the best adaptation of arcade game on Amiga !!!

And the worst is that it's not a big box with plenty of developer who do that .. but the result of a single person ! (helped with 2-3 others...) but 90% of the work IS McGeezer !!!

Old 17 October 2019, 15:25   #1555
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo Kazuki View Post
Excuse me, could You show me my "assholness, please?

Saying overall about some people, whilst only few have annoying nagging habit (yes THIS guy on letter "S" is known from being like that) is some kind of stereotypic and unjust.

That kind of accusing larger group of people makes You just what You said about this few ones.
You should maybe take the issue up with him as he is giving you all a bad name.

The guy "Selur" knocks around here but doesn't have the balls to PM me directly or even get into reasonable conversation.
Old 17 October 2019, 16:35   #1556
Jacques

Quote:
You should maybe take the issue up with him as he is giving you all a bad name.

That's ridiculous, if someone is that "smart" to make opinion about whole nation (or even forum) based on one person's behaviour, you could in return say he gives a bad name to all his fellow countrymen, too?
One should never put everybody in the same pot

As for your port: very good, Rygar game itself... A matter of opinion

Last edited by Jacques; 17 October 2019 at 16:48.
Old 17 October 2019, 17:19   #1557
CFOU!

We can like or dislike the game, but the fact remains that the conversion work is of exceptional quality.
Especially since it is easier to make a new project than a conversion that must take into account constraints related to the original medium.

Thank you for your excellent work McGeezer.
Old 17 October 2019, 17:28   #1558
VincentGR

Well I think for obvious reasons you can't dislike a game made today even if it is a crap.
The coder/artists who involved spent their free (or not) time for a dead machine and a bunch of old farts to enjoy.
There are excellent coders like the we have here, and some less. Both give their best shot to make this happen.
I am against of gaming reviews scores for new releases and negative comments.
Sure freedom of speech is a must but we also have to be polite.
I will say my opinion only if the coder asks it cause I can't even code a walking potato.

On the other hand if a game is sold 20-50 euros then you can say whatever you like about it.

I don't write these for the above incident, just sayin my opinion.
Old 17 October 2019, 17:40   #1559
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
That's ridiculous, if someone is that "smart" to make opinion about whole nation (or even forum) based on one person's behaviour, you could in return say he gives a bad name to all his fellow countrymen, too?
One should never put everybody in the same pot
Some members at the PPA have previous form for having strong, often insulting opinions to developers...I have been banned there before for losing my shit with people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
As for your port: very good, Rygar game itself... A matter of opinion
Thankyou... I appreciate that, I would equally appreciate it if you didn't like the port or the game and gave some valid reasons why... perhaps valid points like...

The game is too hard
The wait time in the santcuary is too long
The game has several bugs
It lacks two player mode

Instead...I've had to try and defend stupid comments at the PPA such as

'I dont understand why it needs AGA',
'It doesn't look like an AGA game'
'There's better Amiga platformers'
'Why waste your time'

You know... they're comments that only arseholes make.
Old 17 October 2019, 17:44   #1560
hexaae

He (+collaborators) did an amazing work!

If all arcade games in the good old days were ported with this premium quality (everything is smooth and with very good palettes) we wouldn't have had some well known crappy and frustrating conversions for the Amiga