English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - General

Old 21 July 2019, 00:55   #1
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Anger, And how People cope with theirs? (It says off topic)

Hi to all taking the Time to read this Thread

How do People Deal with Anger? i'm not meaning to sound like a Cliché but I Struggle with my Mental health and I am Curious as to how others deal with this Emotion. My way of Coping is my old Hardware but this isn't just for Anger this Covers most Aspects of Emotion for me. Anger is the Main Emotion i Struggle to understand so i thought asking others what may trigger them and how they cope?

i apologise if this is a Intrusive question that is not my intention
Old 21 July 2019, 01:01   #2
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

just Something about channelling how I feel into Rebuilding old or New hardware really helps me and i only wish i understood the Brain enough to know why? it is quite a Stressful Task to get a Computer running how you like and why is it that Relaxes me and Sometimes just General Life can send me over the Edge! Does this make sense to Anybody Else?
Old 21 July 2019, 01:33   #3
jmmijo

I'm an avid gamer so there is my outlet

Also, decades ago I used to let things get to me much much more, I just had one too many stress induced headaches and general discomfort and just decided I can focus on more important things in my life.

Basically there are way too many things in REAL LIFE that are really beyond your control so best to adapt as best you can and move on with your life.

Another thing that helped me was grabbing a ton of soundscape type of music CD's over the years.

Even stuff like Enya and the Art of Noise helps to take my mind of things or really lots of music in general will do this, including classics like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin etc...

Another thing I hardly watch any more is news, not that there can't be good things to know about but everything is so freaking Clickbaity that it really is pure shit in my opinion so why bother.

Also I enjoy things like Steam Trading Cards and just plain watching my Steam Library grow and grow and grow some more
Old 21 July 2019, 01:52   #4
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmijo View Post

Also, decades ago I used to let things get to me much much more, I just had one too many stress induced headaches and general discomfort and just decided I can focus on more important things in my life.

Basically there are way too many things in REAL LIFE that are really beyond your control so best to adapt as best you can and move on with your life.

Another thing that helped me was grabbing a ton of soundscape type of music CD's over the years.

Even stuff like Enya and the Art of Noise helps to take my mind of things or really lots of music in general will do this, including classics like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin etc...

Another thing I hardly watch any more is news, not that there can't be good things to know about but everything is so freaking Clickbaity that it really is pure shit in my opinion so why bother.

Also I enjoy things like Steam Trading Cards and just plain watching my Steam Library grow and grow and grow some more
Thank you for this Buddy haven't had the Best of evenings and is nice to know i am not alone! Enya now what a Voice she Has! i grew up listening to Enya she Amazes me Still! I am slowly Learning i Suppose, i just tend to carry other Peoples problems as well as my own and sometimes can get too much! i really didn't want to put such a topic like this on here but i have found this Community to be Understanding no matter what the Topic and even if i don't know the Person Personally, it helps just to know someone is there
Old 21 July 2019, 02:04   #5
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Yeah i am bad at letting things get to me

I sold my Amiga A500 with Tf530 for this Reason for next to Nothing all because i bought a Accelerator Card from somebody on this Site and i am not Naming names to Spark a Argument, (all I can say is please do not sell a item if your not going to even Reply to say you cannot Support people Further with the Item and you know who you are if you read this!) but i bought the item with intention of getting the A500 to boot from ide. Could never get it to Work, Asked for help from the buyer, never received a reply, Waste of £90 and i lost my Amiga in the Process. Point is this is all because I let that Person get to me by not Replying and I sold my Amiga in anger. am I wrong for feeling this way? i am by no means a Amateur when it comes to modding anything in general so booting from ide should have been a doddle. the lack of Replying just said to me he is a Dishonest Seller and because he Screwed up didn't want to admit to his mistake.
Old 21 July 2019, 02:06   #6
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

am glad to see his name isn't on the Marketplace now either.
Old 21 July 2019, 02:28   #7
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanm1991 View Post
Thank you for this Buddy haven't had the Best of evenings and is nice to know i am not alone! Enya now what a Voice she Has! i grew up listening to Enya she Amazes me Still! I am slowly Learning i Suppose, i just tend to carry other Peoples problems as well as my own and sometimes can get too much! i really didn't want to put such a topic like this on here but i have found this Community to be Understanding no matter what the Topic and even if i don't know the Person Personally, it helps just to know someone is there
I find things will generally take care of themselves, like if you suspect that the company you work for is going to be bought out or just plain close, be sure to update your resume and send them out to get noticed.

My last job working for a local computer reseller was going under and at the last minute got purchased but all the building got shipped to CA so nothing left but a few sales people and a small office.

Since one of our customers was always purchasing equipment from us and I had built up a nice relationship with them, I was able to find a position with them in less then one week

Still working for them to this day even...
Old 21 July 2019, 02:29   #8
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:

Massive Attack are my Weapon of choice tonight to Soothe my Woes
Old 21 July 2019, 02:32   #9
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:
I find things will generally take care of themselves, like if you suspect that the company you work for is going to be bought out or just plain close, be sure to update your resume and send them out to get noticed.

My last job working for a local computer reseller was going under and at the last minute got purchased but all the building got shipped to CA so nothing left but a few sales people and a small office.

Since one of our customers was always purchasing equipment from us and I had built up a nice relationship with them, I was able to find a position with them in less then one week

Still working for them to this day even...
This is great to Hear that this Still happens :-) Some of life's Biggest Entrepreneurs were found by Complete Accident, all through Relationships they Build up and by just being themselves while doing it
Old 21 July 2019, 02:36   #10
jmmijo

Quote:
This is great to Hear that this Still happens :-) Some of life's Biggest Entrepreneurs were found by Complete Accident, all through Relationships they Build up and by just being themselves while doing it
I've always tried to NOT burn bridges, because you never know if you need something be it on a professional or personal level
Old 21 July 2019, 03:09   #11
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:
I've always tried to NOT burn bridges, because you never know if you need something be it on a professional or personal level
Good Outlook I can see the Bigger Picture and how I should be able to Channel Anger and other Emotions but actually Putting it into Practise is another Story!
Old 21 July 2019, 04:57   #12
jmmijo

Quote:
Good Outlook I can see the Bigger Picture and how I should be able to Channel Anger and other Emotions but actually Putting it into Practise is another Story!
It took some time for me to cleanse it out, not saying I don't still have some dust ups from time to time, but I try to just let it go.

Of course what helps me a lot is that I get to work from home so I don't have to deal with a daily commute either

Not saying you can do this but maybe check if your employer has flex time where you can also work from home.

Not every job can really do this but hey, worth checking out.
Old 21 July 2019, 07:57   #13
chip

I feel better when i have no emotions at all
Old 21 July 2019, 18:12   #14
Paul_s
Stuck in the 80s

Play Shadow of the Beast II without cheats... if you want to feel real anger.

Exercising is a great way to release stress and tension
Go for long walks in the open air
Music
Staying well well away from social media - pfft

If you feel you're carrying other peoples problems then you have to ask yourself if it's worth it, especially your own mental health - there's no point in burning yourself out.
Old 22 July 2019, 00:58   #15
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_s View Post
Play Shadow of the Beast II without cheats... if you want to feel real anger.

Exercising is a great way to release stress and tension
Go for long walks in the open air
Music
Staying well well away from social media - pfft

If you feel you're carrying other peoples problems then you have to ask yourself if it's worth it, especially your own mental health - there's no point in burning yourself out.
Some Good advice there thanks Buddy :-)

I don't go near Social media Except YouTube as you don't have to Speak on there if you don't choose to which I like.

Shadow of the Beast 2 with no Cheats I Assure you has already boiled my Blood
Old 22 July 2019, 12:28   #16
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I'm finding that I get unnecessarily angry due to several online sources. Every opportunity to read something in the most negative and damning way possible gets abused in an instant.

I find it especially difficult to cope with sites that have an upvote/downvote mechanism. Those are good mechanisms when people can act respectably, but that is far from the case when it comes to the web. Before you know it a well-researched post gets downvoted into oblivion because it isn't what people want to read - and you can't respond to anonymous acts.

Imagine that you are voicing an opinion in a discussion about children and education and your usage of the word "discipline" gets twisted into making it appear like you support beating children. That kind of nonsense that instantly gets picked up by a mob. By the time you see it, usually several hours later, it's too late to correct the idiocy it takes to make a jump like that, you've already become Satan himself.

So I just stay away from those sites. No Reddit and Twitter for me, I'll get my cute cat videos somewhere else. I'm just too old for that shit.
Old 22 July 2019, 12:35   #17
Hewitson

This isn't something I ever expected to see here. Having said that, I'd like to thank the OP so much for posting this. I have more mental health issues than any of you will ever know.
Old 22 July 2019, 12:56   #18
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
This isn't something I ever expected to see here. Having said that, I'd like to thank the OP so much for posting this. I have more mental health issues than any of you will ever know.
Join the Club Buddy Hopefully you Find talking about it here will Help, I do
Old 22 July 2019, 13:05   #19
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
I'm finding that I get unnecessarily angry due to several online sources. Every opportunity to read something in the most negative and damning way possible gets abused in an instant.

I find it especially difficult to cope with sites that have an upvote/downvote mechanism. Those are good mechanisms when people can act respectably, but that is far from the case when it comes to the web. Before you know it a well-researched post gets downvoted into oblivion because it isn't what people want to read - and you can't respond to anonymous acts.

Imagine that you are voicing an opinion in a discussion about children and education and your usage of the word "discipline" gets twisted into making it appear like you support beating children. That kind of nonsense that instantly gets picked up by a mob. By the time you see it, usually several hours later, it's too late to correct the idiocy it takes to make a jump like that, you've already become Satan himself.

So I just stay away from those sites. No Reddit and Twitter for me, I'll get my cute cat videos somewhere else. I'm just too old for that shit.
The saying goes you Can't Educate Pork and this lays true in most of the Keyboard Warriors we have out there today! because they are in Fact too Dumb or Arrogant (You Decide ) to read it for what it Actually says does that make Sense? All too often this is the Case that is why I don't use Facebook or Twitter or any of those. YouTube I will use but Most people are ok on there you just get the Occasional dick who you find soon Disappears from the comments for being Reported anyway
Old 22 July 2019, 16:33   #20
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Ha! "Keyboard Warriors". Oh I like that.