English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Amiga Magazine Rack > AMR contributions

Old 04 May 2012, 19:05   #1
KenD

Amiga Shopper OCR'd page scans

Hi all,

I've finally finished scanning Amiga Shopper, and they're now online and available on my blog. Feel free to grab/share/pull them apart.

Cheers

Ken D

Old 04 May 2012, 21:03   #2
prowler
Global Moderator

Great work, Ken!

Thankyou very much, not only for the Amiga Shopper collection, but for all the others as well.

What a really valuable resource you have created there!
Old 04 May 2012, 22:06   #3
copse

Fantastic! Unfortunately, I can't do the torrent and would want to be able to leech the scans one a day to reduce bandwidth usage, so I'll wait until they're available elsewhere. I have no idea where my copies went, so looking forward to rereading some of the articles.
Old 04 May 2012, 22:16   #4
KenD

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
Great work, Ken!

Thankyou very much, not only for the Amiga Shopper collection, but for all the others as well.

What a really valuable resource you have created there!
You're very welcome Most of the content there is just me adding a little bit (OCR) to other's hard work - scanning Amiga Shopper is my attempt to properly contribute

Quote:
Originally Posted by copse View Post
Fantastic! Unfortunately, I can't do the torrent and would want to be able to leech the scans one a day to reduce bandwidth usage, so I'll wait until they're available elsewhere.
Bear in mind that the issues are in the torrent individually, and that most (all?) torrent clients will let you choose to only download certain files. You could therefore grab the issues at your own pace if required.

Unfortunately I can't host them anywhere, but the images would be very easy to extract out of the PDFs if someone wants to add them to the AMR (the free pdftk utility has a very useful "burst" facility for example).

Old 06 May 2012, 23:58   #5
copse

Thanks for uploading to the FTP I used up most of today's 100MB on the first issue, and was amazed at how packed full of interesting articles and information it was. Sure, most of it is irrelevant these days, but comparing it to magazines of today in terms of their respective eras it highlights how little they have to offer.
Old 07 May 2012, 00:05   #6
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
nice 1 ken this was my fav read back when and learnt alot from its pages
Old 09 May 2012, 17:11   #7
matthew
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to matthew Send a message via AIM to matthew Send a message via MSN to matthew Send a message via Yahoo to matthew
Thank's for uploading the Amiga Shopper magazines, Ken.

It was always my favourite Amiga magazine & ever since AMR first started I've been waiting for someone to upload some complete editions.
Old 10 May 2012, 02:27   #8
Kitty

Hi kenD, love the site and your pdf collections, great work

Your torrent for Your64 is missing Issue 4 by the way and you can grab it here >> http://archive.org/details/your64-magazine-04

Last edited by Kitty; 10 May 2012 at 02:39.