English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 05 March 2013, 21:52   #41
vitux
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyfish View Post
Sorry, but Ive never understood the obsession some people have with someone's nationality. Patriotism is an evil concept that only serves to promote separation. Peoples nationality is dictated by......
The issue of nationalities,I NOT initiated. Please, View entire thread, started other.
Then. for what reason I can not quote Spanish production and quality?
why the "patriot" attacking me?
However, it is a utopia. The nationalities exist and finally each one takes for his side ( (except the Spanish, my compatriot is an example)
Old 05 March 2013, 21:57   #42
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Nobody mentioned Skull Army?
Old 05 March 2013, 23:51   #43
vitux
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrofra View Post
Good 8bits titles made in France ? Oh oui
MGT, Bactron, Get Dexter, Sapiens (5000 BC?), Infernal Runner (Eric Chahi), Crazy Cars, Macadam Bumper, Bubble Ghost, Captain Blood ...

I do not want to bother the French and Germans. I know very well that there are great 16 bits games performed here. Unreal, Another World, Jim Power, Turrican, Protenis Tour 2.... I love
Old 06 March 2013, 00:04   #44
vitux
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyX View Post
Well, then we can say, that you don't lie, but you don't have a lot of idea.
Of course, Turrican I & II,
The 8-bit Turrican were ported by Probe Soft and Enigma Variations for zx Spectrum, both British.
Old 06 March 2013, 00:17   #45
vitux
Banned

Quote:
Well, then we can say, that you don't lie, but you don't have a lot of idea.

PD: You can find me this weekend in Retro Madrid defending the spanish software and buying books and new software and we can have a nice talk.
I still say that in 8 bits, especially ZX Spectrum,(the most sold in Europe) from about 84-91, Spain was the most productive, with many quality titles (a long distance from UK, logically)
there also some decent game Spanish 16 bits. Risky Woods, AMC, Vital Light,

Sure, in Japan also was Nintendo, Sega or X68000.
In USA, yes, plus the Atari was the C64, but the C64 games, most known and most were made in Europe.

Not true. Now is not the golden age. Except some exceptions like "Genesis: dawn of a new day" or "Carlos Michelis, yes and some more" the rest are crappy games or written in BASIC and is not comparable to the 80 professional quality and quantity.

I rather think that is hate-envy the success of others trying to destroy what harm this country, something very common here.

Madrid too far( not all live in Madrid) away and I have nothing to talk to you.

Last edited by vitux; 06 March 2013 at 00:27.
Old 06 March 2013, 01:56   #46
Mrs Beanbag
Glastonbridge Software

On the USA 8-bit side consider also Mattel Intellivision, some great games on that.
Old 06 March 2013, 05:42   #47
desiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Beanbag View Post
On the USA 8-bit side consider also Mattel Intellivision, some great games on that.
You mean 16-bit side there...

desiv
Old 06 March 2013, 17:30   #48
SyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitux View Post
The 8-bit Turrican were ported by Probe Soft and Enigma Variations for zx Spectrum, both British.
First only Europe, now only speccy games (when everybody knows that speaking of Turrican in 8 bits is speaking of the C64 version), the next must be games made for people of your street

Quote:
Not true. Now is not the golden age. Except some exceptions like "Genesis: dawn of a new day" or "Carlos Michelis, yes and some more" the rest are crappy games or written in BASIC and is not comparable to the 80 professional quality and quantity.
Who is talking of 8 bits homebrew games (although the last games of Retro Works are at least so good than the best spanish games during the 80s and it's coded for ex-New Frontier people)? I'm talking that the actual spanish videogame industry is living nowdays the real golden years.

And in no moment i have said the spanish 8 bits games are shit; during the 80s, Spain had a meritorious third/fourth place (before/after Germany is only an opinion), after UK and France in Europe.

Quote:
I rather think that is hate-envy the success of others trying to destroy what harm this country, something very common here.

Madrid too far( not all live in Madrid) away and I have nothing to talk to you.
Because my opinion is different at yours, i'm an anti-patriotic or part of the spanish black legend, you are joke. But don't worry, i will not disturb you more, it's a waste of time.
Old 06 March 2013, 19:44   #49
vitux
Banned

Quote:
But don't worry, i will not disturb you more, it's a waste of time.
Compatriot, the spectrum was the biggest seller by far and therefore is where you can best get references.

Well again I think that the second market.

Same thing, still not golden age. A few small studies that sell the product to giant foreign companies.

At last, Hallelujah.
Old 07 March 2013, 22:11   #50
gilgamesh
Linux snob

Quote:
Occasionally a particular group will be good developers for a certain machine, but this says nothing other than the fact theyre a good development team, who could be from anywhere. What they develop speaks only of the individuals abilities and nothing of their nationality.
Well, I don't know if you don't reduce games too much to their technicalities. Wouldn't you say that French cinema is slightly different from Hollywood, for example? Of course, I see we're on a slippery slope there, risking to enforce stereotypes with feigned arguments.

If somebody would go and say that their [generic stuff] is better than any other [generic stuff] because it is theirs, that is patriotic and pretty much pathetic. No doubt about that.
Old 08 March 2013, 00:45   #51
fishyfish
Banned

@lordofchaos

Heh, 2nd time Ive paraphrased Bill Hicks in recent times, and both times I've had people respond, knowing where its come from. Nice to see he's still well known/regarded.

@Vitux

I was responding to the theme of the thread, not you
Reading it back now however and I mightve been a bit off the mark. First time around it seemed somewhat rampant with the patriotism, but reading it back now it seems more just on topic with the thread than excessively patriotic.
Old 08 March 2013, 12:30   #52
vitux
Banned

Quote:

@Vitux

I was responding to the theme of the thread, not you
Reading it back now however and I mightve been a bit off the mark. First time around it seemed somewhat rampant with the patriotism, but reading it back now it seems more just on topic with the thread than excessively patriotic.
Thank you. You are the one who understands me here
Viva Beam Software!
Viva El Hobbit!
Viva Exploding Fist!
Old 08 March 2013, 14:02   #53
Mrs Beanbag
Glastonbridge Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiv View Post
You mean 16-bit side there...

desiv
I knew that

But, you know, the 8-bit era...
Old 08 March 2013, 14:37   #54
Hewitson

Quote:
Originally Posted by trydowave View Post
I can't remember if Probe we're any good. They made Golden Axe and Outrun Europa which I really liked but I think they created the abomination that was Turtles the Arcade game. Possibly the worst conversion in gaming history.
It was a disgraceful conversion, but definitely not the worst. The worst conversions in gaming history are possibly Street Fighter 2 and Final Fight on the C64. Check them out, they are hilarious.
Old 08 March 2013, 16:31   #55
MrX_Cuci

Housemarque / Bloodhouse / Terramarque (all the same company)Graphics wise they delivered superb games. Elfmania, Stardust, even the later games in the DOS / Windows period are superb. Check out The Reap for instance.
Old 25 March 2013, 15:41   #56
Hillsy_

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX_Cuci View Post
Housemarque / Bloodhouse / Terramarque (all the same company)Graphics wise they delivered superb games. Elfmania, Stardust, even the later games in the DOS / Windows period are superb. Check out The Reap for instance.
They did Super Stardust HD & Dead Nation too on the current gen consoles. Stardust was simple, but great.
Old 10 November 2013, 04:59   #57
s2325
Zone Friend

Retro Gamer 122 should have info about developing Chaos Engine.
Old 10 November 2013, 10:36   #58
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

The only thing I want to see in Retro Gamer 122 is a follow up with Mark Cale, where someone at RG asks the question "why can't you release it as an ADF?"
Old 18 November 2013, 12:22   #59
sokolovic

Technically, i'd say that the best developpers were : Factor 5, Thalion and Neon/Keiko => all germans !

I'd also put Bullfrog, DMA design, Digitall Illusion, Housemarque, Magnetic Fields, Sensible Software (not technically but for the quality of their games).
Old 18 November 2013, 16:13   #60
lordofchaos
TinkerTailorContentMaker

How do we quantify "The Best"?