English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 30 July 2003, 19:54   #1
yadster

cheers guys and gals

I know this may sound a bit mushy but I just want to thank everyone involved with the Amiga scene from developers, web site owners, EAB, Bloodwych for his Classic WB and everyone involved with the WHDLOAD project. As someone who discarded their Amiga in the mid 90's and has only recently returned to the fold I can honestly say that gaming and fiddling about with my Amiga has never been as much fun as it is now. I wasn't a casual Amiga user as in the past I spent a helluva lot of money upgrading my Amiga, used it to publish a crappy fanzine and did a diskzine, bought all the PD demos, diskmags, magazines, CDs and helluva lot of games but got disilussioned with all the bungling surrounding our beloved computer and bought a PeeCee lured by the likes of Quake and Duke Nuke 'Em. Well that was then and this is now and I'm enjoying my Miggy more than ever. I think gone are the days when I was impressed by the latest 3D swanky Xboxstationcubecast games but now get more of a buzz from seeing a well coded Amiga demo or reliving that classic game that drove me bonkers all those years ago.

Apologies once again for the high levels of sugar contained in this message. Normal transmissions now resumed.
Old 30 July 2003, 19:58   #2
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Dito.

Mucho Respecto Dueo
Old 30 July 2003, 20:16   #3
Antiriad
The Sacred Armour Of

Hear hear
Old 30 July 2003, 22:27   #4
RCK
Administrator

:welcome
Old 30 July 2003, 23:40   #5
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

Old 31 July 2003, 02:21   #6
Djay
95th User

funny how, when you return to the Amiga scene its like meeting a long lost friend...

... having places like eab is great, you get to converse with so many people who feel the way you do, which back in the day i only had a few mates that were into the Amiga scene... now i have hundreds

REAL THING<>EMULATION<>REAL THING!!
Old 31 July 2003, 10:41   #7
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

Good point Djay. Back then I had a handful of like minded Amiga nutter mates who I could drone on and on about my fave subject.

After the Amiga I missed all that.

EAB rules! And all you Amiga nutters rule!
Old 31 July 2003, 12:01   #8
Frootloop

Thumbs up Kudos!

Yeah, a big friendly handshake to all the people who've contributed to the Amiga through the years.

Like many of you, I was the lone Amiga user amongst a sea of PeeCee and (some) Mac users. Especially in the later years when Commodore was quickly self-destructing, my only refuge was a few local BBSs and then eventually the Internet.

I must say it's awesome to see some of the European sceners (those elite gods!) who I only read about in demo scrollers. I used to read through every damn scroll text (even the difficult to read wobbly ones) and wished I was in Europe closer to the action. It was always like I was on the wrong continent.*

* Even today I feel like I'm on the wrong planet.
Old 31 July 2003, 13:29   #9
IFW

You are on the right one now: Planet EAB
Old 31 July 2003, 15:06   #10
Bloodwych

Exclamation I'm insane...................

Thanks everyone for being part of the sacred Amiga circle.

With faith such as yours fellow EAB’ers giving me strength, I know I've chosen the right path.

I've already been incarcerated after trying to preach our “Amiga” faith outside Buckingham Palace. Unfortunately, a nasty crowd of corporate PC notebook owning idiots walked past and mocked my beliefs in the supreme machine.

After several rounds of slaggin’ matches they final stooped too low by insulting the Amiga’s 3D games performance – a very sensitive point to all Amiga brothers. Understandably, I completely lost it, and proceeded to send their blasphemous PC creations to silicon heaven with a sledgehammer I just happened to have lying around for these rare occasions.

I generously offered to replace their junk with some holy A1200’s. “Become a believer” I said, “cast aside your sins and let me show you the path of enlightenment” – but they refused, had me arrested and pressed charges.

I was set free on bail but the court later judged I was mentally unstable after I attempted to overclock/modify several PC based servers using various recipes selected from the “PC cookin’ tips” guide - I especially liked the one using Kevin Keegan SNES cartridges in the PCI/ISA slots for that flame grilled effect.

I managed to chalk up 42 PC deaths instantly, and rigged a hundred more for future failure with suicidal overclocking setups, again taken from our sacred PC cook book.

For weeks I was detained at a high security centre. Therapy included sitting in a dark room with a PC and a hammer left in front of me under a spot light. If the PC remained intact for one hour I got to walk free. Man those PC’s got some! One day I managed to scatter a system over a 10 metre radius with one shot – awesome!

Eventually, they let me out because the therapy was costing the taxpayer too much – those PC’s don’t come cheap you know.

And here I am preaching to fellow Amiga brothers.

Damn, I’ve just realised I’ve written another essay! Seriously, I truly need help; I mean where did all that come from? I was only typing for like 15 minutes or so I thought…………be afraid. Be VERY afraid. I think I've finallt lost it.

Oh yeah, cheers for a great "planet eab" by the way guys.

Last edited by Bloodwych; 31 July 2003 at 16:23.
Old 31 July 2003, 21:21   #11
Frootloop

Bloodwych,

That was.... interesting, to say the least.

You frighten me, yet I find your destruction of PCs somehow worthy of praise. You are like a vigilante. As long as you keep your violent tendancies focused on PCs and do not harm anybody, then I wish you well in your craziness.

Anyway, you are an Amiga brother always!
Old 01 August 2003, 02:46   #12
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

*Group Hug*

:welcome <--Fred, never an Amiga owner but used Atari St owner who was at time too poor to afford an Amiga stands outside group hug.

Old 01 August 2003, 11:00   #13
Antiriad
The Sacred Armour Of

Quote:
Originally posted by Frederic
*Group Hug*

:welcome <--Fred, never an Amiga owner but used Atari St owner who was at time too poor to afford an Amiga stands outside group hug.

Old 01 August 2003, 11:01   #14
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

<---Amiga group stood laughing and pointing at pathetic ST owner

:theparano <---Fred the ST owner 'are they laughing at me?'

Old 01 August 2003, 11:05   #15
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

Cool The Real Group Hug

http://atomnet.co.uk/ss/smilies/grouphug.gif
Old 01 August 2003, 12:08   #16
Bloodwych

Quote:
Originally posted by Frootloop
Bloodwych,

As long as you keep your violent tendancies focused on PCs and do not harm anybody, then I wish you well in your craziness.

Anyway, you are an Amiga brother always!
Well, PC's and a certain monkey (see below). Remember when this damn thing would spam every screen you opened, running about all over the shop wasting precious CPU cycles?

I do and needed to relieve the frustration semi-Fred style. I used a gun, although Fred probably would have just axed then eaten the little critter.

There is a reason why he disappeared off the spam network and it wasn't just because of your popup killers. :kill

Hmmm, due to my instability perhaps I should remain out of the group hug, choosing instead to stand before you and preach the word of the sacred Amiga and a little ST for Fred.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	monkey.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	5499  

Last edited by Bloodwych; 01 August 2003 at 13:35.
Old 04 August 2003, 22:21   #17
Syko
Now got GSX750F :))

The correct way to kill a monkey is to trap it in a table with a small hole in the middle (and a hinge at one end...) then bash its brains in with a hammer, then scoop out the brains and spread on melba toast with a little lemon juice and freashly ground black pepper.

and screw the chianti bring the larger!

Bitter tech support workers unite!
http://www.bbspot.com/

and yadster's absoloutly right! never sold an amiga yet...

Last edited by Syko; 04 August 2003 at 22:26.
Old 04 August 2003, 22:49   #18
yadster

Well I've finally got the Amiga I dreamt of after buying a few bits and pieces. 32MB ram, Blizzard 030/50, 3 Gig HD, CD rom, monitor, CD32 pad topped off with Bloodwych's Classic WB and a newly registered version of WHDload. And all for less than half of what I paid for a 4MB ram board 10 years ago. Sweet :-) I know there are much better Miggys out there but this is perfect for me and I love it.
Old 04 August 2003, 23:57   #19
Bloodwych

Yep, that sounds a pretty much perfect setup. All you're missing is a fast network solution, although with a CDROM you probably won't need one.

Now get installing those games!!!