English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Home Projects > project.EAB

Old 31 December 2016, 19:22   #1
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Thank you...

This thread is dedicated to RCK. I've only been here since 2001 ( ), others have been here longer.

I've no idea whats caused people new and old to congregate here in the first place, I found it by accident because I was namechecked by someone and who then invited me to check the place out, and i've been here ever since.

For the most part EAB has been a great place to be, and I can't quite believe that from tomorrow, i've been here nearly 16 years!!

So I just want to say thanks RCK for having the imagination to create a place like EAB, and all this time later, still here.

Old 31 December 2016, 19:48   #2
DamienD
Banned

Well said Sir Galahad

Yup, here's to RCK

...and of course to everyone who makes this community so great and an informative / fun place to hang out.

Trying to remember how I first found EAB... think I had just discovered WinUAE, had an issue so after a Google search ended up here

PS. thread moved to the project.EAB section.
Old 31 December 2016, 21:44   #3
-Acid-

I think i've only been here about 4 years and can't remember how I got here (think I was on Amibay a couple of years before that), but I do know this place played a big part in reigniting my interest in the Amiga
Old 31 December 2016, 21:55   #4
Ian
Global Moderator

Came for the Amiga, stayed because of the people.

Although not that active anymore and don't know many of the new guys (from the last ten years lol) it's still a good place for us like minded folk to hang out.

Couldn't think of a better host either, RCK is just a normal guy with none of the ego that plagued and killed other boards years ago.

Forums started in Feb 2001, been here since May of that year, and was probably lurking a bit before that to check out the place. Could of found a nicer place.

Often wonder how some of the old guard are though, like Amigaboy, Twistin' Ghost and Fred (who pops up occasionally then retires almost instantly to his portion of the web lol)
Old 31 December 2016, 22:02   #5
prowler
Global Moderator

I first arrived here looking for the mysterious Zone! that I had seen mentioned in the forums while browsing unregistered.

I think I can truly say that EAB has more than lived up to my expectations since I became a registered user.

Thanks, RCK, for creating and maintaining this wonderful arena.
Old 31 December 2016, 23:19   #6
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Often wonder how some of the old guard are though, like Amigaboy, Twistin' Ghost and Fred (who pops up occasionally then retires almost instantly to his portion of the web lol)
...where's woody, galaxy, dizzy and KG?!?
Old 01 January 2017, 00:44   #7
Allen1

I have learned a bit about EAB in this thread and I didn't realise this it was RCK who created the site and maintains it. This is one of the best sites I frequent (usually not logged on though), I visit almost every day and I love the relaxed feel and treatment even when you make a real pratt of yourself like I did in the past

Definitely one of nicest places to find information and read comments with different outlooks from different people

All the very best for 2017
Old 01 January 2017, 02:53   #8
Raislin77it
Zone Friend

i'm here from 2005, best amiga forum worldwide
Old 01 January 2017, 06:12   #9
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

i'm here from 10 years, eab is really cool.
happy new year eab !!!!
Old 01 January 2017, 12:20   #10
amigasith

I'm here for 4 years only - but this doesn't mean I love this place less

I'd like to add my *THANKS*, too, to RCK and all the mods who keep this forum such a nice corner of the Internet Thank you very much for that.

Ah yes, and of course Happy New Year to all fellow members!
Old 01 January 2017, 13:49   #11
dirkies
Zone Friend

I registered here when I got my first internet connection at home, because I never needed one before, as I used internet at work with my work laptops, and was living in a rental apartment, no internet, no PC.
When work closed down, I suddenly had more time to spend on Amiga after a few years of doing nothing with it, bought a PC in June 2002, and installed ADSL at my rental place in July. And then I came across this website, also by googling around, and the rest is history.
Old 01 January 2017, 15:46   #12
BippyM
Global Moderator

I'd like to thank RCK for creating the EAB, but I would like to thank all the members who have come, gone and those dinosaurs that have just stayed. Without the people the forum wouldn't be as popular as it is.

I am not as active as I once was (Real life is a bitch) but I still pop on daily and have a look about, and I still moderate too hahaha

I feel like I have made some friends here who I would love to meet up with sometime in the future.

Here's to the next 16 years!
Old 01 January 2017, 15:54   #13
alkis21
Zone Friend

Send a message via MSN to alkis21
I joined EAB 14.5 years ago, in order to give everyone a heads up about the Kick Off Association. This was my first thread and although nobody replied , I stuck around and never regretted it. I have received valuable assistance regarding all of my Amiga related activities here, and for that I will always be grateful to RCK and anyone else who contributes to this magical shrine of worship.
Old 01 January 2017, 19:05   #14
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
This thread is dedicated to RCK. I've only been here since 2001 ( ), others have been here longer.

For the most part EAB has been a great place to be, and I can't quite believe that from tomorrow, i've been here nearly 16 years!!

So I just want to say thanks RCK for having the imagination to create a place like EAB, and all this time later, still here.

Great call mate.....hear, hear!

I arrived here a couple of months after you in 2001 after being invited here by Codetapper (IIRC he said there would be free sex 'n' beer with every registration - there wasn't!) The real surprise was that it ended up being almost as good as all that and the magic of EAB hasn't really faded all these years later.

No doubt, being recruited into the HOL team within a year of arriving here (as well as AMR down the track) - and giving me an outlet for my Ami passion - has had a good deal to do with that, even when I haven't been terribly active here on EAB. Obviously, none of that would have transpired without RCK's generous hosting of EAB, HOL, AMR and all the other abime projects!

Long live RCK and EAB (and HOL + AMR etc. etc.)........
Old 01 January 2017, 19:39   #15
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
I thank to RCK that created EAB and all of you on EAB, who helped (through the game competitions) keep Lemonamiga alive during its bad times.

Amigans help Amigans
Old 01 January 2017, 19:43   #16
Amigajay

Yes many thanks to those who run the various Amiga sites and forums, it's these people that keep the community together and active.
Old 01 January 2017, 20:34   #17
Avanze
Amiga User

I've always liked this forum and because of that I stayed, for 13 years! I don't post frequently but I do read the forum posts, of interest.

Many thanks to RCK!
Old 01 January 2017, 20:41   #18
Amiga1992

Galahad, the board started in 2001, so you were here pretty much from the beginning!

I also want to thank RCK and all the work he has done in this fantastic board and related sites, as well as everybody that has moderated a board, contributed tools, tutorials, helped others out, provided content for HOL and AMR and more, etc. We all make EAB what it is and I am glad to be part of it, hands down the best Amiga-related community online there is.

Shoutouts for all my old farts crew who been here since 2001/2002. A lot of them are gone from the boards (I wish I knew about Twistin' Ghost ), but many of us still remain and even return here every now and then. You've always been great company online
Old 02 January 2017, 05:24   #19
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

There wasn't an older version of the Board before this one? I remember a board going down and we all having to register again. Or was this somewhere else ?

I remember I got here from an even older (and dead) board called "Emulation Talk". Though it was called "Emulation Talk", it was about Amiga emulation only.
Old 02 January 2017, 06:06   #20
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Thanks RCK, I gotta stop ad blocking this place, keep forgetting...

My membership here is older than some of the people I play games online with...