English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 02 May 2011, 20:04   #101
Lonewolf10
AMOS Extensions Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCruicky View Post
Sure will.
I had a quick go, but all I was successful in doing was to LHA the icon to the game folder but not the folder it's self. How do you do folders and sub-folders? If you tell I will do.
hehe, just the icon

Sorry. I picked this up from somewhere years ago and have it in a "How To" textfile...

Code:
      To archive all the files in the "RAM:DrawerName/" drawer simply type:

lha -r a RAM:ArchiveName.LHA RAM:DrawerName/*

and all files found in the "RAM:DrawerName/" drawer will be compacted
      into an LHA file called "RAM:ArchiveName.LHA".
This works with LhA 1.38 (25.8.92), which is the version I have.

Regards,
Lonewolf10

Last edited by Lonewolf10; 02 May 2011 at 20:08. Reason: minor formatting changes
Old 02 May 2011, 20:30   #102
DJCruicky
Gone, but not forgotten

Success! thank you.
Was missing the -r .
I will add it to my page soon.

DJC
Old 02 May 2011, 21:20   #103
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Downloaded directly into my Amiga, unpacked and now I am going to try.

EDIT:
Just completed it on easy level and I just cant believe my own eyes (and especially ears) how much the game was improved!!! Once fantastic game is now AWESOME!!!!!!!! All those sounds, even the battle trousers has its own. Rain, blood leaking and dropping, screen shakes while big explosions and many other improvements. Torture screen is pure genius. And the rocket launcher - ha ha. Now with all those trophys the game is a big big challenge, and although I loved the original version, this is much much better. I noticed you slightly altered level design in some screens - I found stairs and bridges where they werent before and you also changed pallette and at least one screen (close to the car) completelly.

I am amazed.

BIG THANK YOU!!!!

Last edited by Predseda; 02 May 2011 at 22:45.
Old 05 May 2011, 20:13   #104
Lonewolf10

I have downloaded the new version and will play it over the weekend.

I also donated some money too.

Regards,
Lonewolf10
Old 06 May 2011, 23:37   #105
Graham Humphrey

Would like to echo Predseda's comments. This is really quite excellent and the attention to detail and replay value is outstanding. I've also donated, however if you released this and your other updated games in a pack for a small fee, I don't think anybody would have begrudged you a penny so a big thanks for releasing them for free - and a small donation is the least I could do!
Old 07 May 2011, 20:38   #106
DJCruicky
Gone, but not forgotten

Thank you for your kind comments, they very welcome, plus not forgetting the donations. Some very big ones, wow 'Lonewolf10' .
Hope you guys are still playing 15 years from now .

enjoy

DJC
Old 06 June 2011, 22:10   #107
Lonewolf10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
Just completed it on easy level and I just cant believe my own eyes (and especially ears) how much the game was improved!!! Once fantastic game is now AWESOME!!!!!!!! All those sounds, even the battle trousers has its own. Rain, blood leaking and dropping, screen shakes while big explosions and many other improvements. Torture screen is pure genius. And the rocket launcher - ha ha. Now with all those trophys the game is a big big challenge, and although I loved the original version, this is much much better. I noticed you slightly altered level design in some screens - I found stairs and bridges where they werent before and you also changed pallette and at least one screen (close to the car) completelly.

I am amazed.

BIG THANK YOU!!!!
I just played the new improved AFF (much later than I had anticipated) and I second Predseda's comments. This great game, is definately now awesome.

I only played through on Easy, but I loved every second of it. Tomorrow I'll play it on Medium and see if I can still make it through to the end of the game.

Regards,
Lonewolf10
Old 07 June 2011, 00:02   #108
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Just completed the game on Medium level. Some more achievements reached, too.

BUGREPORT:

After looking through the achievemenst menu / table and returning to main menu, if I press Esc here, the game crashes instead of returning to the workbench.

Amiga 1200 plus Blizzard 1230-IV, 32MV Fast, WB 3.1,
Old 07 June 2011, 20:28   #109
Lonewolf10

I seem to be so unlucky with bonuses (see attached picture)!

Does anyone know what "Ok" means when it appears onscreen on level 1. I thought it was because I did the level 1 achievement - despite having 4 icons left to collect! I did not get the achievement.(NB: Was playing on Easy)

possible bug:

I used the bazooka (hold down fire button to launch shot) at the last screen (missile) and was able to blast a hole in it without blowing up the missile!!!
I was then able to jump through said hole (thanks to little platform that sticks up) to the other side, but unable to jump back through (it was too high up).

I tried using the high jump trick and ended up stood ontop of the tip of the missile when the game suddenly cut to the ending. Not sure if it ended because the missile was "destroyed" or because I ended up going into the screen (if there is one) above the missile screen.

Regards,
Lonewolf10
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AlienFF-2011-UnluckyX.png
Views:	234
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	28831  
Old 07 June 2011, 22:13   #110
Graham Humphrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf10 View Post
Does anyone know what "Ok" means when it appears onscreen on level 1. I thought it was because I did the level 1 achievement - despite having 4 icons left to collect! I did not get the achievement.(NB: Was playing on Easy)
I thought it just indicated when you have collected enough of those items to complete the level, as opposed to collecting all of them to get the achievement.
Old 08 June 2011, 09:05   #111
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
I thought it just indicated when you have collected enough of those items to complete the level, as opposed to collecting all of them to get the achievement.
Indeed, it indicates you have enough triatoms.

Nice try to use bazooka to the missile It is probably bug, yes, I dont think there is another secret behind it. David will tell us.

Last edited by Predseda; 08 June 2011 at 09:11.
Old 08 June 2011, 18:09   #112
Lonewolf10

Quote:
Indeed, it indicates you have enough triatoms.
Thanks guys (Predseda and Graham).

Quote:
Nice try to use bazooka to the missile It is probably bug, yes, I dont think there is another secret behind it. David will tell us.
I couldn't find any secrets, I was just shocked when I saw the ending without actually seeing the missile fall apart/blow up as you normally do.

Regards,
Lonewolf10
Old 08 June 2011, 23:04   #113
trackah123
Amiga User

Hats off to the one that made this game. Looks great i never saw it before!
And from that youtube video, the music sounds amazing, it really gives a good "atmosphere" to the game.

ps : i posted this on our dutch amigascene.nl website
http://www.amigascene.nl/modules/new...?topic_id=2611

Last edited by trackah123; 08 June 2011 at 23:12.
Old 10 June 2011, 06:01   #114
XDelusion
Alien Breeder

MY GOD, IT'S FULL OF STARS!!!!!!

Great work my man, MUCH more than I expected!!!!
Old 10 June 2011, 22:25   #115
DJCruicky
Gone, but not forgotten

Happy you are all still playing....

Quote:
Just completed the game on Medium level. Some more achievements reached, too.
BUGREPORT:

After looking through the achievements menu / table and returning to main menu, if I press Esc here, the game crashes instead of returning to the workbench.
hmmm, not sure if I've had that, all fine with my PC emulator. All I can say is don't press the ESC key when in the achievements menu. I will see if there is anything a foot.

Quote:
I seem to be so unlucky with bonuses (see attached picture)!
Ah yes, that bonus is from that dead Green Blobs head. When you shoot them, their heads pop up so fast they sometimes get stuck in the ceiling. Then the bonus letter comes out and that is stuck too out of reach. I really needed to fix that sorry. It happens once in million. With you being the 1 in a million unlucky person, you get the 1 in the million every time you play . All I can say is don't put the lotto on, you will be wasting your money

Quote:
possible bug:

I used the bazooka (hold down fire button to launch shot) at the last screen (missile) and was able to blast a hole in it without blowing up the missile!!!
I was then able to jump through said hole (thanks to little platform that sticks up) to the other side, but unable to jump back through (it was too high up).

I tried using the high jump trick and ended up stood ontop of the tip of the missile when the game suddenly cut to the ending. Not sure if it ended because the missile was "destroyed" or because I ended up going into the screen (if there is one) above the missile screen.
Regards,
Lonewolf10
Ha ha , That would have made a great Achievement. I wish I have had thought of that . Achievement name "STOOD ALOFT A MISSILE" . No secret screen above the missile, but there is one below it however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackah123 View Post
Hats off to the one that made this game. Looks great i never saw it before!
And from that youtube video, the music sounds amazing, it really gives a good "atmosphere" to the game.
Thanks for the nice comments. Hope I don't disappoint you too much, but the music on that Youtube video was added to the video by the guy that made the video (ScHlAuChi). It's not in fact in my game. Reading the read me to his video says it's from Nightmare Creatures Playstation Game. I agree that music has great atmosphere, and all should play it while playing my game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDelusion View Post
MY GOD, IT'S FULL OF STARS!!!!!! Great work my man, MUCH more than I expected!!!!
Have you been Star Trekking, XDelusion? Thank you.

Wonder who will be the first to post a completed Achievements page .

DJCruicky
Old 10 June 2011, 22:48   #116
XDelusion
Alien Breeder

No, 2001 a space odyssey.

I've been spreading your holy word, but ironically, nobody on the Amiga.org or the Amiga sites on Facebook have left a single comment. What the hell is wrong with these people?!?!?

I still swear that this is the BEST Amiga Homebrew EVER!
Old 12 June 2011, 04:02   #117
Lonewolf10

Quote:
Ha ha , That would have made a great Achievement. I wish I have had thought of that . Achievement name "STOOD ALOFT A MISSILE" . No secret screen above the missile, but there is one below it however.
Yeah, I found the one today. Very well hidden too

Quote:
Wonder who will be the first to post a completed Achievements page .

I don't think it will be me. I am still missing a couple of trophies hidden in some of the levels and need to find 0.2 of a second to beat the target fall time. Overall I have 40% achievements so far.

Regards,
Lonewolf10
Old 12 June 2011, 11:05   #118
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Just got to that secret location in level 1. Very tricky!
Old 12 June 2011, 15:29   #119
mailman
Zone Friend

Quote:
Just got to that secret location in level 1. Very tricky!
Share with us

By the way, what is it about Star Trekking and Mountain Climbing Achievements? How to do it?
Old 12 June 2011, 16:45   #120
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

You just need 3 bombs and enough energy. I also dont know what the star trekking is, but mountain climbing imho should something to do with the mount in the first screen of that level. I am able to climb high, but not enough high probably.