English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 27 August 2007, 21:49   #21
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samklein View Post
Toni:
Talking about 9x/ME compatibility, I tried use it in 9x/ME compatibility on my windows.. and winuae start. but.. it ok when I use it with A500 configs, when using A1200 configs, I just get black screen and nothing else happens.. I emulator still running.. I can get the menu using F12.. I hope this information helps you.
First, does this even have anything to do with 1.4.4b1? (I guess not..)
Second, reason for black screen is most likely the usual "do not use rgb overlays"-setting in misc panel.

(and using 9x/me compatibility mode is pointless, it has nothing to do with real 9x/me)
Old 27 August 2007, 23:09   #22
samklein

Send a message via MSN to samklein
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
First, does this even have anything to do with 1.4.4b1? (I guess not..)
yes.. it does...

Quote:
Second, reason for black screen is most likely the usual "do not use rgb overlays"-setting in misc panel.
Well, I´m using same config in version 1.4.3.. why does it be different now?

Quote:
(and using 9x/me compatibility mode is pointless, it has nothing to do with real 9x/me)
Of course, 9x/me compatibility mode has nothing to do with real 9x/me, but it made diference to winuae.
Old 28 August 2007, 07:49   #23
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samklein View Post
yes.. it does...

Well, I´m using same config in version 1.4.3.. why does it be different now?

Of course, 9x/me compatibility mode has nothing to do with real 9x/me, but it made diference to winuae.
I did say: "Note that apparently MSVS 2008 compiled programs do not run on Windows 9x/ME anymore.", so it is not a bug, but feature

and I also said: "Warning: 9x/ME compatibility complaints will be either moved or deleted from this thread"...
Old 29 August 2007, 11:40   #24
Little_Sharky

hi again

Hello !
Sorry about my poor bug report earlier.I tried to load a game called 'Agony', the 3 disks release that was cracked from crystal,iam running a x64 version of windows ,but winuae can run the game as i succesfully run it with the 1.4.3 release.I got two crashes and i attach the dumps in this message.I was using the 1200 config with the extra 4 Mb Ram and the compatibility at the middle,with 3 disk drives.I used the 1.3 Kickstart as a replacement of 3.1 ,the game didnt crash neither winuae ,but didnt load also.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WinUAE.zip (59.8 KB, 274 views)
Old 29 August 2007, 19:37   #25
rsn8887

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Sharky View Post
I tried to load a game called 'Agony' (...)
I was using the 1200 config.
Agony is an Amiga 500 game. I think to be fair you should test it with "most compatible" A500 config, since this game might not work on real A1200 either.
Old 29 August 2007, 19:41   #26
rsn8887

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
Hello Toni, i come back with a problem about Leander from Psygnosis.
You remember the graphic bug i have reported a moment ago ? the colored raster that what broken in the game is still broken but it's a bit better.
Try to use A500 config but NO cycle-exact.
Looks like I get broken color-raster, here, too, if I use cycle-exact. It bleeds into border. But everything fine without cycle exact.

Dunno how long this has been the case, might have always been the case. Wanna test some more...
Old 29 August 2007, 21:52   #27
PaulyQ

Agony worked for me no probs.....

A500,ECS chipset,0.5 meg chip/0.5 fast,1 floppy drive only, 1.3 rom

a500 compatible checked. Works a treat.
Old 29 August 2007, 22:06   #28
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Sharky View Post
Hello !
Sorry about my poor bug report earlier.I tried to load a game called 'Agony', the 3 disks release that was cracked from crystal,iam running a x64 version of windows ,but winuae can run the game as i succesfully run it with the 1.4.3 release.I got two crashes and i attach the dumps in this message.I was using the 1200 config with the extra 4 Mb Ram and the compatibility at the middle,with 3 disk drives.I used the 1.3 Kickstart as a replacement of 3.1 ,the game didnt crash neither winuae ,but didnt load also.
Never try to run A500 games with 68020+ config. It is totally unsupported and can/will crash if it tries to do something stupid (like most A500 games do)

68020+ is optimized for speed, not compatibility.

Quote:
Looks like I get broken color-raster, here, too, if I use cycle-exact. It bleeds into border. But everything fine without cycle exact.
Still can't duplicate (tested both SPS versions, no problems with border)

Quickstart most compatible setting (the only supported cycle-exact configuration)
Old 30 August 2007, 18:59   #29
rsn8887

Quote:
Still can't duplicate (tested both SPS versions, no problems with border)

Quickstart most compatible setting (the only supported cycle-exact configuration)
Ah, ok, I didn't use Quickstart, but used my own A500 cycle-exact config. Was probably just my config then... sorry for making you test that game again.
Old 30 August 2007, 19:04   #30
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsn8887 View Post
Ah, ok, I didn't use Quickstart, but used my own A500 cycle-exact config. Was probably just my config then... sorry for making you test that game again.
Can you try to find the setting that causes the problem? (confirm first that QS setting will fix the problem)

That kind of problem "shouldn't" happen even with "wrong" configuration..
Old 02 September 2007, 12:49   #31
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_1440b2.zip

Beta 2:

- 4-channel stereo mixing fixed (broke in b1)
- Pro-Wizard updated (1.62)
- directory filesystem ACTION_INHIBIT fixed (didn't really do much and if it rarely did, result was infinite loop)
- directory filesystem ACTION_EXAMINE_ALL implemented (more optimal but also more complex way to read directory listing). Bugs possible, please test it by running all kinds of new utilities. eac_MatchString confirmed working, eac_MatchFunc not tested (no test program found) Full logging currently enabled.
- some removable directory drive fixes
- Harddrives GUI can be used to eject and insert directory harddrives on the fly (device name ignored)
Old 02 September 2007, 13:09   #32
Genju

Beta 2 still shows 'Beta 1' in the window title. Nothing big, just cosmetic.
Old 02 September 2007, 14:26   #33
thomas

Bsdsocket is not initialized correctly after a reset (Ctrl-Win-Win or F12 -> Reset). I get error 38, Socket operation on non-socket from every program which tries to access bsdsocket.library (smbfs, IBrowse). This is broken since 1.4.2, works ok on 1.4.1 and earlier.

Also a Ctrl-Win-Win reset clears the memory (OS3.9's ROM update is loaded again). This does not happen on a real Amiga.

And there is another problem, a deadlock between WinUAE and the Windows firewall. I currently use Ashampoo Firewall Free. When WinUAE uses bsdsocket.library for the first time, the firewall tries to pop up and ask if it should allow the access. However, the firewall window does not appear before WinUAE looses the focus. And WinUAE does not give away the focus before TCP/IP has responded. => deadlock
In windowed mode I can run TaskManager and kill WinUAE. But in fullscreen mode the only escape is the shut-down button on the tower case. Very annoying.
Old 02 September 2007, 17:30   #34
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

thank you for the four channels but i can t test for the moment i m in spain.
Old 02 September 2007, 18:47   #35
RickyC

Thanks for updates Thought cd32 save states where fixed at first but then the levels stopped loading again D: Tried playing without states and games are fine then ¬_¬

Last edited by RickyC; 03 September 2007 at 00:20.
Old 02 September 2007, 19:02   #36
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyC View Post
Thanks for updates thought cd32 states where fixed at first but then the levels stopped loading again D: Tried playing without them and game is find ¬_¬
Eh? Should I just push delete-button?
Old 03 September 2007, 00:14   #37
exoticaga

I found also that v1440b1 crashed upon launching it, resets the pc. The only error i have found, is from the windows event logs. Telling me Disk2 has bad blocks - Ftdisk error. Earlier WinUAE version works fine without any errors. Disk passes all health checks 100% no errors or bad blocks.

Windows XP1
Intel 2.8gb

Will try the new beta v1440b2 soon to test if still a problem.
Old 03 September 2007, 08:00   #38
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoticaga View Post
I found also that v1440b1 crashed upon launching it, resets the pc. The only error i have found, is from the windows event logs. Telling me Disk2 has bad blocks - Ftdisk error. Earlier WinUAE version works fine without any errors. Disk passes all health checks 100% no errors or bad blocks.

Windows XP1
Intel 2.8gb

Will try the new beta v1440b2 soon to test if still a problem.
You sure Disk2 isn't CD/DVD drive? (I remember seeing something similar when there was no CD in drive or cd was incompatible or something..)

Also, as usual: I don't care if your PC crashes completely, it has broken driver or hardware (and even less if it is not fully updated Windows)
Old 03 September 2007, 11:38   #39
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
Bsdsocket is not initialized correctly after a reset (Ctrl-Win-Win or F12 -> Reset). I get error 38, Socket operation on non-socket from every program which tries to access bsdsocket.library (smbfs, IBrowse). This is broken since 1.4.2, works ok on 1.4.1 and earlier.
Can't duplicate this but I can see bsdsocket is still broken, it forgets to release possible running threads etc when reseting. (It worked early because memory used for thread structures was not freed and reallocated during reset, possibly causing other issues later..)

Quote:
Also a Ctrl-Win-Win reset clears the memory (OS3.9's ROM update is loaded again). This does not happen on a real Amiga.
Confirmed. Happens only if during reset CPU PC points to memory that disappears momentarily (like fast mem) which causes forced hard reset to prevent possible continuous reset-loop

Quote:
And there is another problem, a deadlock between WinUAE and the Windows firewall. I currently use Ashampoo Firewall Free. When WinUAE uses bsdsocket.library for the first time, the firewall tries to pop up and ask if it should allow the access. However, the firewall window does not appear before WinUAE looses the focus. And WinUAE does not give away the focus before TCP/IP has responded. => deadlock
In windowed mode I can run TaskManager and kill WinUAE. But in fullscreen mode the only escape is the shut-down button on the tower case. Very annoying.
Stupid firewall. I have seen same effect with other fullscreen programs too. Not my problem.
Old 03 September 2007, 20:42   #40
exoticaga

Quote:
You sure Disk2 isn't CD/DVD drive? (I remember seeing something similar when there was no CD in drive or cd was incompatible or something..)

Also, as usual: I don't care if your PC crashes completely, it has broken driver or hardware (and even less if it is not fully updated Windows)
Toni how it happens which i noted i didn't include before, sorry for that.

First run of WinUAE is fine all works, it happens after i quit WinUAE. If i don't quit WinUAE but do a soft reboot all is fine and continues to work. After hard quit of WinUAE and then relaunch it, it's then the pc immediately reboots.

No cd or dvd yet on this pc. Neither is there any selected on WinUAE.

I use for now 2 harddrives which are windows folders, with Amiga os and all other Amiga things in them.

Both configured in WinUAE as:

DH0
Workbench
Folder selected is also called Workbench

DH1
Work
Folder selected is also called Work

Running a standard A1200AGA workbench os.

'Workbench About' versions:

DirectX and others drivers recent. No problems with other pc apps or earlier WinUAE versions, apart from the latest two beta versions. All hardware are in A1 working order and verified where possible.