English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 25 January 2015, 19:17   #21
Jope
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
Actually the A2000 does have a monochrome output.
This is the rear of a B2000. If you reread my posting, I mentioned it as one of the computers that have mono out.

Here is an A2000 motherboard:
http://www.bigbookofamigahardware.co...00mb_rev40.jpg

As you can see, there are only left + right audio RCAs in there. As I wrote, there is a separate board that is plugged in to the one-piece video slot to get mono + composite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xArtx View Post
Then I’d be surprised if Csync wasn’t available on the D connector as well for that model,
but if it isn’t, that’s one straight RCA to BNC lead, and three more to worry about for the D connector.
CSYNC is available at the 23 pin connector in all the Amigas that have that connector. If you read my post again, I mentioned about using the Amiga's own CSYNC when I described the the d23 -> scart and scart -> bnc solution.

The silver adapter + BNC VGA combo does not give you an easy CSYNC unfortunately, which is why I wrote so much about HVSYNC.

Last edited by Jope; 25 January 2015 at 19:23.
Old 26 January 2015, 12:16   #22
Hewitson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jope View Post
This is the rear of a B2000. If you reread my posting, I mentioned it as one of the computers that have mono out.
You did too. Sorry.
Old 25 March 2015, 03:24   #23
Zippy Zapp

After trying for months to purchase scart bnc(missing time frames when they had them in stock) i decided to make my own with the 1084d cable and some db 9 and bnc cable that i hacked the end off.

Questions about this, the 1084d db9 connector does not use seperate gnd for color and sync it is all wired to pin 1 and 2. How is this accomplished are all the ground wires for rgb and csync wired together and then to pin 1? On the 1084 connector 1 and 2 are grounds, are they bridged somehow? Will the pvm work without seperated grounds for each color and sync? Or does it matter?

All the grounds wound together are not going to fit in the solder cup. I assume you wire it to another wire and that wire goes in the solder cup?

Man, im just a hack thats a bit lost, could use a lifeline. Lol

Last edited by Zippy Zapp; 25 March 2015 at 03:26. Reason: Mistakes in english
Old 25 March 2015, 05:47   #24
Jope
-

It is accomplished by just using one ground wire..

So what are you now doing? Adding another cable to the 1084 cable? You could try it with only one ground (perhaps use the sync cable's shield for that), use your multimeter to see whether the grounds behind the PVM are together.. They probably are.
Old 25 March 2015, 06:05   #25
Zippy Zapp

Quote:
It is accomplished by just using one ground wire..

So what are you now doing? Adding another cable to the 1084 cable?
Yes. Using 1084 with db23 to db9f to connect to PVM. Easier to get DB9 connectors and for other systems to interface to the PVM too through same connector.

Quote:
You could try it with only one ground (perhaps use the sync cable's shield for that), use your multimeter to see whether the grounds behind the PVM are together.. They probably are.
Jope, you are pretty smart! Yes all the BNC connectors are indeed tied together on the outside of the connector, ground, obviously.

So that brings me back to my original question, do all the grounds in the cable need to be soldered together somehow? Why did Commodore put pin 1 *and* 2 as the ground, why not just 1 pin? I really wish I understood all these little things a little better. I am learning, though. Thanks to people like you.

Thanks!
Old 25 March 2015, 08:44   #26
Jope
-

They did it on the cheap by just using one ground. You can be just as cheap too, as long as there is at least one ground connection between the two devices, the monitor will have some kind of ground reference to use.

One option would be to solder the shields of the coax cables together a bit before the D connector in your cable, then connecting the ground bundle to the d-connector with a short piece of wire.

These TV frequencies are so slow that the image quality probably doesn't suffer that much, so just try a few options and see if you get a picture and if you can improve the quality..

For the best picture, you'd naturally have shielded coax end to end with the grounds connected on both ends, but it will always be somewhat of a compromise. The BVM has nice impedance matched connectors, but the Amiga uses a cheap D connector. :-)
Old 01 June 2020, 20:50   #27
trydowave

Quote:
Yeah, the luma connector has sync included.
Hello Jope. I think you've just answered a question ive had for the longest time.

I have a Sony BVM 20E1E and had various success connecting certain devices to it.

It has two cards on the back.. one with rgb and the other with rgb and sync. I can connect my mame pc to the sync card (vga to 5 bnc) and the amiga 500 onto the rgb only card (amiga video out to scart, scart to bnc).

I get a steady picture with the a500 but my A1200s and speccy 128 using the same cables have pcitures with no sync.

I think (you can correct me if im wrong) that the luma connector with the integrated sync is the reason i can hook up the a500 with no issues and the not the a1200?

Another weird thing happened just now... i brought 10 bnc terminators as advised by someone else on the sony monitor fb forums. When plugging these into the unused bnc ports i loose my A500 picture?
Old 16 March 2022, 16:28   #28
dreadnought

Rise from your grave!

I'm looking for a schematic of an Euro SCART (female) to PVM breakout cable. Can anybody help?