English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 13 September 2016, 01:34   #161
ransom1122

Another option for this game is if you're looking at update patches to add some sort of better firing system. After 2 mins of franticly firing your hand gets tired.

It would be cool to implement some sort of semi auto fire with fire button held down. And faster if you tap frantically. Sort of like Xenon 2's firing system.
Old 13 September 2016, 03:39   #162
buzzybee

@Ransom1122: Thanks for your suggestion. An optimised firing system is top of the list in case a followup to RESHOOT should ever be in development ... :-)
Old 13 September 2016, 07:56   #163
solaris104

I use autofire on joypad :-).
Old 13 September 2016, 10:50   #164
ransom1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris104 View Post
I use autofire on joypad :-).
Easy that way. But the game is not designed to be used with autofire.
Old 14 September 2016, 21:38   #165
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Bought my copy from Vesalia.
Old 15 September 2016, 17:51   #166
buzzybee

Sorry, only for german readers: The new issue of RETURN magazine is here. And guess which game gets the front cover? Can´t be more proud!

Issue can be ordered here https://www.return-magazin.de/ featuring an extensive making-of-story, even bigger than the one featured in the gamebox!

Old 28 September 2016, 11:12   #167
Amigajay

Sequel announced (RESHOOT R) on Richard's Patron page, imo a little premature to announce early, may hurt the few sales before xmas, but anyway its been announced, enjoyed the first game, hope he takes the critic on board to improve in every way!

https://www.patreon.com/loewenstein
Old 28 September 2016, 11:19   #168
buzzybee

Don´t know how one could consider such an announcement premature. We are talking about Patreon – Patreons quite rightly expect some information about the artist they are supposed to support.

Also, even the RESHOOT manual mentions a possible follow-up ... and there is some hint in the game, too!

If the premise of a follow-up damages sales, no Call of Duty or FIFA or Assassin´s Creed could ever have been successful. RESHOOT R is not due before Mid to end of 2017.
Old 28 September 2016, 16:52   #169
Amiga1992

I jut feel you could have updated Reshoot more instead of making a sequel right off the bat.s, Reshoot has received some fairly founded criticisms and I feel you should have addressed them. Itfeels like you abandoned it to work on the new one and that's a bit weird.

Not saying you shouldn't work on a sequel or announce it now, you do what you feel, but I feel people who paid 30+ euros for the game deserved at least one update with some fixes. It's not the 90s when buying a game off the shelves meant that was it, and if there were bugs, you were, usually, fucked.
Old 28 September 2016, 18:02   #170
eXeler0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
I jut feel you could have updated Reshoot more instead of making a sequel right off the bat.s, Reshoot has received some fairly founded criticisms and I feel you should have addressed them. Itfeels like you abandoned it to work on the new one and that's a bit weird.

Not saying you shouldn't work on a sequel or announce it now, you do what you feel, but I feel people who paid 30+ euros for the game deserved at least one update with some fixes. It's not the 90s when buying a game off the shelves meant that was it, and if there were bugs, you were, usually, fucked.
Its true that ppl are used to Zero day patches these Days. In fact, it's the way it is now, so that a certain release date can be announced long before they actually know if the game really will be ready.

With Reshoot (and yes I bought it) I think that there aren't a whole lot of bugs that need to be fixed. Rather, ppl are identifying certain design choices (or art) and wishing things had been done differently.
From that point of view, you are not fixing broken things but changing your design. So I can see how Buzzbee would rather go on and take all these ideas and focus on implementing them into a new product. That being said, I agree that it's fair to expect some "post release care" for a €30 game.

On the other hand, in my case Reshoot was meant for my CD32 so getting patches would feel "wrong". (Unless he'd send out official new CDs with the patched version).

For the next game (if it's on) I'd suggest maybe a longer closed Beta period / feedback / fixes before pressing CDs.

Skickat från min HTC One via Tapatalk
Old 28 September 2016, 18:23   #171
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeler0 View Post
Rather, ppl are identifying certain design choices (or art) and wishing things had been done differently.
From that point of view, you are not fixing broken things but changing your design.
Yes that makes a lot of sense, maybe my view is a bit different since I feel like Reshoot could have been "in the kitchen" for a longer period and have more stuff added/fixed/redesigned so abandoning it now feels sad. It was a really quick dev time all considering.

The art complaints make no sense, but some gameplay tweaks do.
Old 29 September 2016, 02:50   #172
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Right then, sequel it is.
Old 29 September 2016, 12:43   #173
Gzegzolka

I like idea of that game, but it's lacks so many stuff that it feel more like engine preview than full game. I do not mind art-style and I hope that sequel will fix those stuff.
Old 30 September 2016, 17:08   #174
buzzybee

Quote:
For the next game (if it's on) I'd suggest maybe a longer closed Beta period / feedback / fixes before pressing CDs.
Right, that´s one of many lessons I learned while developing RESHOOT :-)
Old 02 October 2016, 23:20   #175
eXeler0

Quote:
Its true that ppl are used to Zero day patches these Days. In fact, it's the way it is now, so that a certain release date can be announced long before they actually know if the game really will be ready.
Speaking of Zero day patching mentality these days...

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/gea...tch,32790.html
Old 19 October 2016, 15:41   #176
s2325
Zone Friend

new video
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 27 October 2016, 20:04   #177
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

So there is an ending to this game after all

[ Show youtube player ] (not my video)

You can get the trainer from Flashtro. The archive only contains the trainer, so you need your original game to use it.
Old 27 October 2016, 20:17   #178
DamienD
Banned

Ah cool; nice to have a trainer for this

...will add this to my .HDF file (created from my purchase)
Old 27 October 2016, 23:55   #179
-Acid-

Quote:
Speaking of Zero day patching mentality these days...

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/gea...tch,32790.html
One of the main reasons I do not buy any modern games until months later or a goty edition is released and the problems are all fixed (if i'm interested in them at all). 11Gb for a patch is taking the piss.... years of people accepting this bs of buying unfinished games is what has brought us to this being seen as acceptable.
Old 28 October 2016, 10:32   #180
eXeler0

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Acid- View Post
One of the main reasons I do not buy any modern games until months later or a goty edition is released and the problems are all fixed (if i'm interested in them at all). 11Gb for a patch is taking the piss.... years of people accepting this bs of buying unfinished games is what has brought us to this being seen as acceptable.
Ye, I stopped pre-ordering games a couple of years ago because of this and for me, as a collector, its annoying that on modern consoles, the game you have on the physical media is never the game you actually play.
From this point of view I actually prefer that Reshoot isn't patched. ;-)

Skickat från min LG-H850 via Tapatalk