English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 24 November 2003, 09:44   #1
Tyrantraxus

insert disk 3: nothing happens

Hi there, i got some of those lovely AD&D games such as Pools of darkness, dark queen of krynn and more but i have a problem. When the game asks me for the 3rd floppy i place it (with Winuae) but it looks like the disk is not seen. I tried df0, df1 and df2 and all possible combinations of the three floppies but still nothing happens....what can I do?
Also does anyone have a working adf file to use as a save disk for Death knights of Krynn?
please help

Old 24 November 2003, 12:22   #2
mtb

Re: insert disk 3: nothing happens

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyrantraxus
Hi there, i got some of those lovely AD&D games such as Pools of darkness, dark queen of krynn and more but i have a problem. When the game asks me for the 3rd floppy i place it (with Winuae) but it looks like the disk is not seen. I tried df0, df1 and df2 and all possible combinations of the three floppies but still nothing happens....what can I do?
Also does anyone have a working adf file to use as a save disk for Death knights of Krynn?
please help
Never had and tried these games, but i think you should try few things:

Try to disable df1: - df2: - df3: ( check the box in the floppy tab ), also are you sure you are using the right config?

And that the adf is not knackered?

To make a save disk, use create custom floppy from the winuae floppy tab, and then insert it as a save disk. Probably the game ask you to insert a blank disk and will proceed formatting it in the right way, or at least it's what i hope.
Old 24 November 2003, 12:30   #3
TikTok

Sometimes these disk-not-recognised problems can be solved by ejecting the disk from the 'drive' and then returning to the emulator for a few seconds. Then insert the disk and it may work.
Old 24 November 2003, 13:45   #4
Marcuz

i think i had the same problem with some of the games of the serie, no matter how setted were the drives options, but i resolved by finding another version of the game. anyway look to set always the disk speed to 100% and to try the above mentioned customizations
Old 26 November 2003, 09:22   #5
Tyrantraxus

insert disk 3 nothing happens

Thanks for your help my friends, however the third disk the game asks me for is not the save disk but game disk 3 of 3. What about the config you were talking about, maybe i have the wrong one? And where can i see that?
thanks...

Old 26 November 2003, 10:00   #6
Marcuz

err... send me a pm (in italian) if you need more info, but anyway:
mtb meant the winuae config about CPU and Chipset. if it can help you can look for info on BTTR searching for the standardized *.UAE files they have there but remember that games tend to require some more specific adjustement by hand while setting Winuae..

Then i'm not sure if this is the case of the game that you are trying, but i think that the disk 3 of 3 is also where the AD&D serie used to store saved games
Old 26 November 2003, 11:21   #7
abelthorne

Does your problem appear only with disk 3 (not disk 2, e.g., or maybe disk 3 is the first disk the game asks after boot) ?

Does it happen with all SSI games or only one of them ?