English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 10 October 2001, 13:17   #1
Kodoichi
Banned

Location: I'm the smiling face on your TV, I exploit you still you love me
DefJam & CSS compilation disk #5

I wanted to contribute a screenshot of a football game to another thread here, when I loaded that compilation and found out my version (transferred from my own disk) suddenly has a read/write error... :eek

Anybody has a working copy?

Games included are:

- Black Lamp
- Fireblaster
- P.B. International Football
- The Sentinel
- Strike Force Harrier
Old 11 October 2001, 11:01   #2
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

That's unusual...I checked my copy (DefJam & CCS Compact Disk #5) and it features these games:

- Frostbyte
- Gunshoot
- Mach 3
- Rolling Thunder
- Slaygon
- Wizball

I tell you what...upload the disk you have and I will re-post it without the errors and with Peter Beardsley International Soccer working. Were there any other games on the disk with read/write errors that you know of? If possible, I'd like to fix them all so that we have a 100% copy of that compact (as I am a compact enthusiast, despite my chagrin for them...)
Old 11 October 2001, 19:46   #3
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

What is it about the compacts that makes them such a magnet for R/W errors! Well, I played everything on disk 5 with no problems (except that I've never been able to emulate Mach 3), so I will gladly post it. I still need you to up #7, though. You have any other DefJam/CCS compacts? I think I also have #10 and #11.
Old 12 October 2001, 05:21   #4
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Thanks, s4murai...I will take a bang at it and re-up it soon-ish!
Old 12 October 2001, 08:29   #5
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Il Scuro/Defjam, the intro remover!

If by the "football" game you mean that piece of crap excuse for a football game "Peter Beardsley's International Football", the one on that compact disk has no loading pic. You can rip the main menu and an ingame pic but that's about it.

The game is probably the worst ever soccer game I have played, but since it's so terrible it's quite a laugh to have a play just to shake your head in disbelief at how they could make such a flawed game.

If anyone wants to play the WHDLoad version, grab it here (this is the Defjam crack):

Peter Beardsley's WHDLoad version

The original game will not work properly on any accelerated Amiga, something like 29 missing blitter waits meant the pitch graphics corrupted themselves in no time and caused an eventual crash.

And if anyone has another version of the game with the loading pic (there must have been one, all games in 1988 had them) please upload it! (Original, crack, doesn't matter).

And yes Twistin, Compact disks seem to develop R/W errors about 50 times more often than normal disks! Strange...
Old 12 October 2001, 10:02   #6
RetroMan

Quote:
Originally posted by Twistin'Ghost
That's unusual...I checked my copy (DefJam & CCS Compact Disk #5) and it features these games:

- Frostbyte
- Gunshoot
- Mach 3
- Rolling Thunder
- Slaygon
- Wizball
Weird, I checked my copy and there is no WIZZBALL on it Were there incomplete copy´s floating around ???
Old 13 October 2001, 02:33   #7
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Does your copy have the games selectable from the boot menu? Not only does my copy have this, but it even has the assembly source code for the routines on the disk!
Old 13 October 2001, 10:39   #8
RetroMan

Yep, it comes with a Bootmenu, but without the source (AFAIR), gotta check it out, but I´m not home for some days now .....
Old 13 October 2001, 12:36   #9
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Hmmm....if it's missing Wizball from the bootmenu, I'd like to fetch a copy of that one.