English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 04 July 2011, 15:42   #1
Abaddon

Paranioa Complex/Cyberworld English Manual

Does anyone have the english manual for Paranioa Complex/Cyberworld English Manual? I'm working on a slave for this game, but testing it is a bit difficult when I don't have a clue on how to play.
Old 06 July 2011, 22:33   #2
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Sorry I don't have a manual, but it seems that WoS holds the instructions for the game in Spanish:
http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infos...cgi?id=0003615

As Spanish is the second foreign language I have learnt at school I can try and do an English translation of the instructions (well, I'll try my best. Ofc any native Spanish speaker is welcome to do it instead) if nobody can provide an English manual in the forthcoming days.

Not sure how helpful it will be compared to what you have already understood by playing it.

While trying to look online for more details I stumbled upon those 2 YT videos, whose author seems quite lost playing the game too . The 2nd one might give some decent gameplay info though:
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]

HoL-related note:
I am going to add the Spectrum as a conversion hardware

Not sure how to handle Cyber World which right now only lists C64/C128 as a conversion (whereas Paranoia also has Amstrad CPC).
From what I can see it is a budget version (and English version only).
Old 07 July 2011, 04:18   #3
Abaddon

I also found the spectrum instructions and have started translating them to English (Google translate). They did provide one valuable piece of information.....Buy of COMMI. Without it you cannot get the messages from the computer. I had a look at the youtube links, but they were not overly helpful. I was able to advance one level, so I somewhat have a clue now. I will be creating a quickstart guide for the install when I'm done.

Thanks for the offer to translate
Old 07 July 2011, 04:56   #4
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

This one?

http://sfodb.com/scans/1201/001287005064000000.jpg
Old 07 July 2011, 14:29   #5
Abaddon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
I never came across this in my Google search. Thanks, its exactly what I was looking for. The Spanish docs for the spectrum version are much more detailed, but not everything applied to the Amiga version.
Old 10 July 2011, 00:27   #6
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

I got the original manual, hopefully I find some time to put it onto the scanner...

Although the Amiga version is plain crap, the C64 is the original. The Amiga programmer did not get paid, so he delivered something that worked, but was barely finished. I spoke to him but he sadly had formatted his source disk.
Old 10 July 2011, 01:26   #7
Abaddon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.vince View Post
I got the original manual, hopefully I find some time to put it onto the scanner...

Although the Amiga version is plain crap, the C64 is the original. The Amiga programmer did not get paid, so he delivered something that worked, but was barely finished. I spoke to him but he sadly had formatted his source disk.
It feels and plays like it was barely finished. I'm not sure if there is an end, every time the Computer Friend gives you a mission it's to find and paralyze the guy who is level green. Then you get promoted to green (eventually) and you get attacked.

I have yet to figure out what the bots are suppose to do, after you purchase it and charge it it just sits there and does nothing.

The game also has issues under WinUAE, but seems to work fine on a 1200 with an 030.
Old 11 July 2011, 17:48   #8
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

You are a trouble shooter and must kill traitors. Standing on a traitor and pushing fire before the cleanup bot comes will give you several clues.

Most of the items you can buy are junk. The only thing you need is the commi so you can get messages from the computer.

Attention! SPOILER!!!

Really, only continue reading if you don't want to find out on your own.

Once you have a bot, the computer will urge you to buy a druvik. This device is some kind of surveillance device and will kill you before the very end. So never ever buy a druvik. I have forgotten about the good things related to a bot, but I guess you can use the hydraulic system with them...

Apart from that, you will get promoted to the next color level when you kill a traitor. The last level-up will make you a traitor, too.

The exit is on the highest level, the toilet. You have to jump into it. The programmer (purple suit) has the key.

Now if you have a druvik, it's game over. Otherwise you can see the "ending".

As said before, the C64 version is the best, the Amiga version was barely finished, has no music and looks like the ST port (which is identical).
Old 11 July 2011, 20:47   #9
Abaddon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.vince View Post
You are a trouble shooter and must kill traitors. Standing on a traitor and pushing fire before the cleanup bot comes will give you several clues.

Most of the items you can buy are junk. The only thing you need is the commi so you can get messages from the computer.

Attention! SPOILER!!!

Really, only continue reading if you don't want to find out on your own.

Once you have a bot, the computer will urge you to buy a druvik. This device is some kind of surveillance device and will kill you before the very end. So never ever buy a druvik. I have forgotten about the good things related to a bot, but I guess you can use the hydraulic system with them...

Apart from that, you will get promoted to the next color level when you kill a traitor. The last level-up will make you a traitor, too.

The exit is on the highest level, the toilet. You have to jump into it. The programmer (purple suit) has the key.

Now if you have a druvik, it's game over. Otherwise you can see the "ending".

As said before, the C64 version is the best, the Amiga version was barely finished, has no music and looks like the ST port (which is identical).
Damn, I was so close. I killed the programmer and before I could search him the cleanup bot killed me. But, if I recall correctly when you're promoted to green you cannot get to the toilet as it is blocked by the security zones, so I assume you have to get the key from the programmer and enter the toilet before you are promoted to green.

Edit: I finished it finally.....Attached is the end screen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CyberworldEnd.png
Views:	273
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	29072  

Last edited by Abaddon; 12 July 2011 at 02:08.
Old 13 July 2011, 09:51   #10
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

Wow. Never saw that before... Thanks for sharing!