English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 11 February 2013, 19:58   #101
prowler
Global Moderator

I think the WIP3 disk images are as good as we will get.

Thanks to everyone who made a contribution!
Old 29 November 2014, 11:10   #102
demoniac

Finally found some time to try the final patch of this game. I noticed that beating the final boss results in a locked screen. Took a quick look with the WinUAE debugger and seems like it's looping. It's quite late, so I'm going to leave this as is for the time being. The game will go to the end sequence if tab is pressed instead.

Also determined that TOSEC Zenith trained Disk 1 is broken. I believe the endrun executable isn't the patched trainer version, but the original Crystal one. I didn't verify that assumption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clenched View Post
Is this the reason the game quits to WB or CLI when final boss is defeated? (I've seen games for example that wouldn't display hi-scores if you cheated). Remember it is possible to TAB all the way to "THE END" screen.
I wonder if it's a decompression/low memory issue as sometimes this happens when I press tab too quickly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
longplay [ Show youtube player ]
hipoonios, what version did you finish with? Did you play all the way through or edit together the tabbed end sequence?

Last edited by demoniac; 29 November 2014 at 11:55.
Old 29 November 2014, 13:39   #103
butfluffy

i could not find the WIP3 fixed version so i tried a search on the EAB server for ninja gaiden II and i found this version /Commodore_Amiga/Game/Disk/Fixed ADF/Ninja Gaiden II Fixed Disks 1 and 2 [Final].7z
the problem is that i don't know if this is the latest WIP3 fix. the archive contains no info. could anoyone confirm if this archive is the latest WIP3 version or if not point me in the right dirsection to the WIP3 version.
any help would be great
Old 29 November 2014, 22:19   #104
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by butfluffy View Post
i could not find the WIP3 fixed version so i tried a search on the EAB server for ninja gaiden II and i found this version /Commodore_Amiga/Game/Disk/Fixed ADF/Ninja Gaiden II Fixed Disks 1 and 2 [Final].7z
the problem is that i don't know if this is the latest WIP3 fix. the archive contains no info. could anoyone confirm if this archive is the latest WIP3 version or if not point me in the right dirsection to the WIP3 version.
any help would be great
I am about to upload the Ninja Gaiden II Fixed Disks 1 and 2 [WIP3] archive to The Zone for you, though from memory I think it's probably the same as the Ninja Gaiden II Fixed Disks 1 and 2 [Final].7z archive.

Edit: Done!

Last edited by prowler; 29 November 2014 at 22:25.
Old 29 November 2014, 23:20   #105
butfluffy

thanks prowler. i will download your version from the zone now to be certain
Old 30 November 2014, 00:06   #106
demoniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
I am about to upload the Ninja Gaiden II Fixed Disks 1 and 2 [WIP3] archive to The Zone for you, though from memory I think it's probably the same as the Ninja Gaiden II Fixed Disks 1 and 2 [Final].7z archive.
The CRC for WIP3 and Final are identical.
Old 30 November 2014, 22:36   #107
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by demoniac View Post
The CRC for WIP3 and Final are identical.
Thanks for confirming, demoniac.
Old 07 December 2015, 19:58   #108
DamienD
Banned

Just quickly ran through this thread... Well done all with fixing this

Did both disks need fixing? The reason why I ask is I'd like a trained version so was going to the Goonies 1st ADF with the 2nd fixed ADF.
Old 07 December 2015, 20:55   #109
mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Just quickly ran through this thread... Well done all with fixing this

Did both disks need fixing? The reason why I ask is I'd like a trained version so was going to the Goonies 1st ADF with the 2nd fixed ADF.
Fixed version:
grandis.nu
/Commodore_Amiga/Game/Disk/Fixed ADF/Ninja Gaiden II Fixed Disks 1 and 2 [Final].7z
and yes, both disks are fixed, you cant use any of those trained scene releases, but more than likely its possible to add one of those trainers to the fixed disk 1.(if i remember correctly i have done this for a friend in the past)

anyway, i have still doubt, that this game was ever officially released for the Amiga!
Old 07 December 2015, 23:39   #110
DamienD
Banned

I tried using the fixed Disk 2 and also "Ninja Gaiden II - The Dark Sword of Chaos (1991)(Gametek)(Disk 1 of 2)[cr CSL][t +4 Goonies].adf". With this combination the background on level 7 has no corruption due to it being fixed but as mentioned part way through this thread the green slime animation doesn't seem to move correctly (before Codetapper gave a fix). I tested this by compared to using the fixed Disk 1 & fixed Disk 2 combination.

Been doing some investigation and playing around. Firstly I tried copying all files from the fixed Disk 1 to the "Ninja Gaiden II - The Dark Sword of Chaos (1991)(Gametek)(Disk 1 of 2)[cr CL][t +4 Goonies].adf" but unfortunately all files didn't fit

I then took a look at various TOSEC disks and both fixed Disks. For some reason the following files are on both fixed Disk 1 & fixed Disk 2. These files on not on any other TOSEC Disk 1s; only TOSEC Disk 2s:

... act3.bin
... act3.s32

So, I then copied all files from the fixed Disk 1 (except the 2 listed above) to the "Ninja Gaiden II - The Dark Sword of Chaos (1991)(Gametek)(Disk 1 of 2)[cr CSL][t +4 Goonies].adf" and all fits

Tested the modified "Ninja Gaiden II - The Dark Sword of Chaos (1991)(Gametek)(Disk 1 of 2)[cr CSL][t +4 Goonies].adf" and fixed Disk 2 combination. All is working perfectly; so now we have a set with a trainer and all your guys hard work. Both disk attached.

Last edited by DamienD; 08 December 2015 at 01:36.
Old 08 December 2015, 00:52   #111
mai

have you fully tested, seems not working!
I think mentioned files(Act 3 problem, mentioned somewhere in this thread) have to be on disk 1.
Old 08 December 2015, 01:05   #112
DamienD
Banned

No I haven't fully tested... Started the game, watched the full intro and started on level 1. I then used the cheat to skip to level 7 and it was exactly the same as with using both fixed disks.

Excuse my ignorance (and I did quickly skim through the whole thread a few hours ago), why do "act3.bin" + "act3.s32" need to be on Disk 1 as well as the fixed Disk 2? Surely these are the same fixed files on both disks? As mentioned in my post, these are not on any TOSEC disk 1; only TOSEC disk 2 so it's not like the game is looking for them on Disk 1.

What issues have you encountered testing the modified "Ninja Gaiden II - The Dark Sword of Chaos (1991)(Gametek)(Disk 1 of 2)[cr CSL][t +4 Goonies].adf"?
Old 08 December 2015, 01:14   #113
mai

As i mentioned in post #4, all Act 3 related files have to be on disk 1, i think those files are now not needed on disk 2, also not on fixed disk 2.
Initially Hipponios has reported this Act 3 problem, all scene releases never worked, just bad releases!
So let the fixed disks as it is and add trainer somehow!
...anyway not a good idea to spread non working disks!
Old 08 December 2015, 01:35   #114
DamienD
Banned

I was just trying to get a trained version of the *fixed* disks. I'm no Amiga expert but thought I'd see if I could get the same files onto a trained version.

Initial test seemed good but I didn't try level 3; only really 1 and 7... obviously I was wrong; so shoot me mai

Is any kind talented Amiga cracker / coder able to a put a trainer onto the *fixed* disks for people who only use .ADFs?

My attempted .ADFs have now been removed.
Old 08 December 2015, 03:08   #115
clenched

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I was just trying to get a trained version of the *fixed* disks. I'm no Amiga expert but thought I'd see if I could get the same files onto a trained version.

Initial test seemed good but I didn't try level 3; only really 1 and 7... obviously I was wrong; so shoot me mai

Is any kind talented Amiga cracker / coder able to a put a trainer onto the *fixed* disks for people who only use .ADFs?

My attempted .ADFs have now been removed.
DamienD - It's easy to miss if you try to swallow this thread whole. The bottom part explains about the trainer. So whatever the last wip translates to in TOSECese has it already to go. No passwords, secret keys etc. to do first.
Old 08 December 2015, 10:07   #116
DamienD
Banned

So in terms of the "inbuilt" trainer we have:

... [ESC] + [R] then numbers [0] - [7] to restart on the desired level.
... [K] to kill all enemies.
... [H] to receive full health.

Thank you very much clenched