English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 01 December 2023, 11:33   #1
StoneOakvalley

"Amiga - The Movie 1987" Christmas Calendar - Find that item!

Hi everybody,

I have prepared a 31 day Christmas Calendar for you all:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...jUtx4KmHTfU9vM

I was obsessed by this longer Amiga video which I saw for the first time in 1989 when I got my first Amiga 500. Must have watched it like 1000 times on good 'ol VHS. Anyway, the games, software and everything I always wanted to try back then, but only 2-3 software titles actually ended up in my hands during the first 6 months, which was Aegis Sonix and Defender of The Crown.

Fast forward to recent times, I wanted to find all those software titles and just try it for myself, watch all the pictures in its originality and such. Imagine it was 1989 all over again with full access to everything shown in that video that ran on the Amiga's.

Right now, there's only about 33-35 or so "missing pieces" which is hard to find, so, I ask the community if you are able to solve the 31 riddles I have prepared for you :-)

(The calendar will not be removed after 31st of December, these videos will stay as long as they can - so you can view them next year if you want).

No pressure at all :-)
Old 02 December 2023, 00:21   #2
Photon

Great initiative

Are we to point out the source of the brown square with the gray triangle, or what? It's unclear from the video and it's sort of in a weird format which seems to reduce resolution.
Old 02 December 2023, 03:38   #3
StoneOakvalley

Well, in the original Movie they show either a single image, animation or software. That particular item in Dec #1, is an still image that exists somewhere on a disk someplace digitally. I want to find it :-) Its that brown square with gray triangle. Every day there will be a new image or animation.

Here's the original project page that lead to this christmas calendar to give more background:
https://www.stone-oakvalley-studios....01022021181313

You will find the same image listed as "unknown source". On that same page, and the other 4 parts, you can see I have already identified pretty much everything shown in the Amiga Movie, by a reference to filename/the digital file and a typical disk familiar to those people that explores inside Tosec and the other BBS collections of Amiga Files that have surfaced over the years.

I guess you could call this project an insane re-creation of all the related Amiga material used in that movie.
Old 02 December 2023, 18:01   #4
Photon

I see. Some interesting pages and software you have there!

BTW Just yesterday I saw an instruction video on DigiView from 1988 on here, and at the time a certain office computer had hand scanners in 300 DPI black & white... and it didn't even have Corel Draw yet. Two different worlds.