English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 22 September 2008, 21:48   #341
Ratte

some questions regarding the "star trek 25th anniversary AGA"-problem.
is it a hd installed game or a disk-based game?
does it use some custom screenmode-settings or custom overscan-settings?

the different way of indivision work is the "identification" of a screenmode.
it tries to detect a "known" mode for best output frequencies.

btw.:
the latest flash supports the HD720 mode with 1280x720
first AGA 16:9-screenmode :-)
Old 22 September 2008, 21:58   #342
AlanB

I just tried Star Trek 25th Anniversary AGA and the intro and initial gameplay work fine with the Indi.

I used WHDLoad 16.8 (unregistered), got the english archive from whdownload and my A1200 has a Blizzard MKIV 50Mhz with 32MB.

Old 22 September 2008, 22:12   #343
Charlie
. . Mouse . .

@Ratte: Your screen modes are the reason I bought an Indivision!
I wonder what else you may have up your sleeve...

On the subject of fit; my A1200 has a 1D4 mobo - the Indivision is a d*mn tight fit. The amount of pressure it took to fit it - to the sound of crunching...
...I've just gone to check my other A1200 to see what it's Lisa is to discover that's a 2B - odd, it's in an original C= case & came with 3.0 ROMS. I thought 2B was v. late C= & AT only...

...sorry, rambling now.
Old 22 September 2008, 22:39   #344
Rixa

An update about my ghosting problems.

It's the cable integrated into my monitor. I tried with another monitor and the output was just fine. At least my board seems to be okay.

Then I did some experimentation. Took a gender changer block and added another sturdy VGA cable between the Amiga and the Integrated VGA cable. Unsurprisingly enough, the image looked even worse. Then I changed the extra cable to something that came bundled with a flatscreen monitor, thin and doesn't look so great. Now the ghosts are gone. The screen is a bit blurrier though.

This is not something I know a lot about, but a theory was put forward to me that the difference of impedance between the flat-cable of the Indivision and a good VGA cable may cause the signal to echo at the junction. A better cable for the Indivision might be a good fix.

I have a 2B motherboard with a CBM Lisa, and installation was easy. Didn't need insane force to click in place and doesn't wobble. I later took it out and put it back using a lot of strength, but I don't think it's seated any different now.
Old 23 September 2008, 00:11   #345
amigakit.com

The second batch of Indivision AGA is now available from our webstore:

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/...roducts_id=821
Old 23 September 2008, 03:32   #346
mfletcher
Bawbag.

Just received my Indivision AGA from AmigaKit today... thanks AmigaKit!

First of all, I have the 2B motherboard, but with the HP Lisa. Installation was straightforward, it didnt take too much force to put in place, and while it didnt "click", it doesnt pop off either, even if I flip the mobo over and give it a shake.

Picture quality is way way better than the external scandoubler / flickerfixer that I used previously!

I dont know if Jens reads this forum, but if hes thinking of bringing out a model for the A4000, Im sold already!
Old 23 September 2008, 03:41   #347
Fingerlickin_B
Amiga Nut

I was wondering...with all this talk of flashing it with this & highgfx that...can I just plug the dammned thing in & use it?!?!

PZ.
Old 23 September 2008, 09:22   #348
AlanB

@Fingerlickin

Absolutley, the only reasons I know for flashing with V1.1 is to resolve the issue with the latest Highgfx package and use the new features on the config tool, other than that, it works out of the box.

Although like any v1.0 product your probably going to find a reason to flash it eventually. The readme with the latest software indicates that newer ones will have the V1.1 already loaded.

Alan

Old 23 September 2008, 15:22   #349
Fingerlickin_B
Amiga Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanB View Post
@Fingerlickin

Absolutley, the only reasons I know for flashing with V1.1 is to resolve the issue with the latest Highgfx package and use the new features on the config tool, other than that, it works out of the box.

Although like any v1.0 product your probably going to find a reason to flash it eventually. The readme with the latest software indicates that newer ones will have the V1.1 already loaded.

Alan
I didn't get any software with it & can't find anything on Jens' site.

BUT, very happy with the product...no more eye-popping strain trying to view text on a TV!

To anyone considering this item, buy one RIGHT NOW!!!!

PZ.
Old 23 September 2008, 16:47   #350
mfletcher
Bawbag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfletcher View Post
First of all, I have the 2B motherboard, but with the HP Lisa. Installation was straightforward, it didnt take too much force to put in place, and while it didnt "click", it doesnt pop off either, even if I flip the mobo over and give it a shake.
Correction: it popped off just the once, but no I have my CF HD and the keyboard sitting on top of it, so it shouldnt pop off in future. I get a little bit of ghosting... does the firmware fix it?
Old 23 September 2008, 16:50   #351
amigakit.com

@mfletcher
Thanks for the order - I am glad that USPS delivered it OK!

@all

We have the second batch of Indvision AGA in stock right now:

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/...roducts_id=821
Old 23 September 2008, 17:10   #352
klx300r

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigakit.com View Post
@klx300r

If your system hangs after a reset then your board is not secured properly to the motherboard.
really it runs flawlessly otherwise and im positive its on right and tight
Old 23 September 2008, 17:12   #353
klx300r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixa View Post
@klx300r:

I had that some time after flashing the new firmware. I'm not sure if I had saved settings after flashing, but doing so did fix it.
I havent flashed my unit yet...stock outta the box..maybe ill try flashing it
Old 23 September 2008, 19:33   #354
Ratte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingerlickin_B View Post
I didn't get any software with it & can't find anything on Jens' site.
http://www.icomp.de/indexe.htm
http://siliconsonic.de/t/bin/Indivision_Config_V09.lha

This firmware enables screenadjustment and has fixed hgfx-support.

btw.
the latest beta-firmware with experimental hd720-support is available on www.a1k.org , but a1k is down for a while.

Last edited by Ratte; 23 September 2008 at 21:46.
Old 23 September 2008, 20:39   #355
Rixa

@klx300r

Now that I think of it, I'm not sure if the entire computer hanged at reset or if it was just the Indivision remaining blank after, but surely I needed a power boot to get back into business. It stopped happening when I saved the settings and since several people ran into trouble when flashing the firmware and not saving settings, I assumed thats what happened to me. Either way, I haven't had that since.

@mfletcher

See my earlier messages about ghost trouble. If possible, try another VGA cable.
Old 23 September 2008, 23:05   #356
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

OK Indivision 1200 (SD/FF) arrived for me also today...
Since I'm making my own A1200D PPC I had the following issue:

Indivision 1200 DOESN'T fit along with BVision by default :S

So I decided to rip the plastic connector leaving only the pins intact. After some tries experimenting everything works like a charm! Now in my Desktop Α1200 Indivision 1200, FastATA mkIII and BVision all reside and work together just fine. EZkey keyboard adapter also fits nicely above BVision.

Switching between RTG/AGA is done of course via UMON adapter that is installed nicely in the backplate of the A1200 along with the power plug connector of PicoPSU.

Just wanted to update here to say that It works with FastATA and Bvision.
Of course I have installed 2+2 extra Kickstart spacers (others buy it as BVision kit) in order for the FastATA to raise.

Cheers
Old 23 September 2008, 23:41   #357
gklinger
Vegetable Lasagna

Mine arrived this morning too. Took about 30 seconds to install and I was up and running. The picture seems like it could be a little sharper though. I'll have to update mine and get HighGFX installed and see what's what. It might also be the LCD I tested it on. I've got to try it on 21" flat screen CRT. I suspect that will provide a nicer picture and stop the woman whinging about my swiping her monitor.

@klx300r

Did the government shaft you for PST + GST + duty? They robbed me of $85 on the declared value of $400. Crap weasels.
Old 23 September 2008, 23:53   #358
TheCorfiot
Amibay Senior Staff

@mfilos

What can I say .. Very Very Very Nice.....

In fact I would love that A1200

Glad it all worked out for you and are happy with it.

TC
Old 24 September 2008, 00:21   #359
Charlie
. . Mouse . .

@mfilos: Very nice!

Quick question:
It looks like your rather nice A1200 is still in it's desktop case...
...how on earth did you get it back together again once you'd added the socket-risers for your FastATA?

Having done the same thing there just wasn't sufficient room to get the keyboard back down...
...so I went & got a PowerFlyer Express
Old 24 September 2008, 01:32   #360
NovaCoder

After playing with my monitors controls I've now got HighGFX running at 1024x768 and 'relatively' stable (still only runs at 50hz despite what it says in the monitors window). It sometimes gets a flicker-fest going on, but that might have been down to my monitor fiddlings.

I don't have any issues with AGA/ECS/OCS games, they are all rock-solid. I've also noticed that the icons in WB look really good in 32 colors with HighGFX, maybe it's just the higher-rez?

V0.9 of the config utility does not change my screen position at all...does it work for anybody else here?

Last edited by NovaCoder; 24 September 2008 at 01:38.