English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General

Old 21 January 2011, 21:23   #1
majsta
www.majsta.com

Coldfire help

Ok i used embuild tool from http://www.microapl.co.uk and i generated ColdFire 68000 Emulation Library for gnu with .s extension. But when i want to import it into Crossware Tools Demonstrator who is suited for emulation of coldfire processors i get number of errors. As i can see from embuild tool i get *.s file and i dont know how to use it. Can someone help me to understand what to do with that file. I don‚t know how to compile it. I contacted http://www.microapl.co.uk and they just told me to use some gnu compiler. I m working with this more then 10 days and i cant understand this technology. I just want to see coldfire using mc68k code. Please download trial version of Crossware coldfire tools from http://www.crossware.com and try this coldfire emulation. As i can see from embuild i get native assembler code but i dont know what to do with that. I try to compile it with masm32, MinGW, AS. Also i try to insert in 68k emulation tool EASy68K but i m going nowhere.
Old 21 January 2011, 23:58   #2
Leffmann

I tried installing the Crossware Coldfire simulator, but it refused to run for some reason. If you run the embuild tool you will see that it can output source code for several assemblers, including GNU AS. You have to check what toolchain your Coldfire devkit uses and see if you can configure embuild to format the output appropriately.
Old 22 January 2011, 18:15   #3
majsta
www.majsta.com

Ok, thank you for your reply. But i dont want to use devkit i want to use code for Coldfire simulator just to see how it works.
Old 22 January 2011, 19:00   #4
gilgamesh
Linux snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by majsta View Post
As i can see from embuild tool i get *.s file and i dont know how to use it.
Did you open that file in an editor? xyz.s is usually an assembler file, that you have to feed to gas (GNU assembler).

If you have a GCC toolchain for Coldfire, it will output a.out or xyz.bin or such, which can be uploaded into the emulated machine's RAM. (I guess. Would make sense.)
Old 22 January 2011, 20:22   #5
majsta
www.majsta.com

Posts 2
22 Jan 2011 18:58

Thank you for your reply. I ll try that.
Now i generated code with embuild for Metrowerks and it works in codewarrior. Stupid me, i remembered that original Codewarrior was produced by Metroworks and then transvered to motorola All the time i was generating code for GNU assembler Now i only need to somehow insert code in crossware tool. Now code works with codewarrior no errors