English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 08 January 2016, 21:44   #81
tygre
Returning fan!

Hiya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Congrats for the version, very nice now.
Thanks a lot! It is nice to receive such nice comments

Quote:
The icon of AmiModRadio seems to be corrupted though. You also should change the four white corners of the main buttons. Maybe you could use the same grey of the background for them, so those ugly corners would dissapear.
Ah, sorry about that! By corrupted, do you mean wrong colors or "as if" they had been copied over and over with a small shift? I am asking this (weird ) question because in Amikit in WinUAE, I had some corruption of the icons a couple of times... But these corruptions disappear with the next reset, please let me know!

I don't know why such corruption happened or, rather, I know that I am probably doing something not quite right with MUI but I haven't looked into it yet

As for the white corners, I kept them by sheer laziness... That will change eventually, though

Cheers!

Last edited by tygre; 08 January 2016 at 21:45. Reason: Suggestions to possibly fix the corrupted icons
Old 08 January 2016, 21:50   #82
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

No, I never have that corruption in the icons. I've just used copyicon now using the former and the icon is fine.

Also the window seems too large for me.
Old 08 January 2016, 22:37   #83
tygre
Returning fan!

Quote:
No, I never have that corruption in the icons. I've just used copyicon now using the former and the icon is fine.
Oh, sorry, I must have misunderstood: are you talking about the icons (.info) or the icons (in the buttons of the Controls page of the AmiModRadio window)?

Quote:
Also the window seems too large for me.
Yep, but there is not much that I can do here without violating lots of good UI rules What happens is that the font size + other spacing specs. for MUI on my real Amiga are different to those in AmiKit, which is fine really because that's the whole purpose of MUI but, then, it makes it difficult to have exactly the same positioning between the two, even more so because I am using images in the buttons and I don't know (yet!) how to dynamically resize these images...

Take care!
Old 08 January 2016, 22:54   #84
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Hi:
It's just the icon.info of the AmimodRadio program (the drawer is right). It is corrupted, at least it was for me after downloading your update. I've just used the older with CopyIcon and now it's ok.

I will download it again now and I will show an screenshot editing this post.

Edit:

The window size can be ok, but the buttons corners will make it look perfect, finished .
Thanks for your work.

BTW you see it gives you the option to use it's own MUI screen. You could prepare it with a nice background and many other things if you wish, just like "SongFace" -in Aminet- lets you customize SongPlayer. But that would be a lot of work.

Edit: About resizing the buttons images that's not any problem, just send them to me (original format better) and tell me what size do you want. Edit: Oh, sorry, you said "dynamically", I understand.

Thinking now about the buttons corners surely the background depends in the MUI prefs of your system, and then you coudn't change them, so you better use another square buttons for it. Just thinking. Of course I could add also a black square background for your existing buttons and also resize them, but it would be surely better if they are square images from the beginning.

Maybe using these that I've found now for example:

Last edited by Retrofan; 09 January 2016 at 21:45.
Old 09 January 2016, 00:13   #85
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi there again

Quote:
It's just the icon.info of the AmimodRadio program (the drawer is right). It is corrupted, at least it was for me after downloading your update. I've just used the older with CopyIcon and now it's ok.

I will download it again now and I will show an screenshot editing this post.

Edit:
Ah, thanks! Now I understand but I don't know what happened, would you mind sending me the corrected icon so I am sure to have one that "works" (maybe through PM?)

Quote:
The window size can be ok, but the buttons corners will make it look perfect, finished .
Thanks for your work.
My pleasure! I learned a lot (and I have a lot more to learn )

Quote:
BTW you see it gives you the option to use it's own MUI screen. You could prepare it with a nice background and many other things if you wish, just like "SongFace" -in Aminet- lets you customize SongPlayer. But that would be a lot of work.
Let me try SongFace... guess it will depend on how much is "lot of work"...

Quote:
Edit: About resizing the buttons images that's not any problem, just send them to me (original format better) and tell me what size do you want.

Thinking now about the buttons corners surely the background depends in the MUI prefs of your system, and then you coudn't change them, so you better use another square buttons for it. Just thinking. Of course I could add also a black square background for your existing buttons and also resize them, but it would be surely better if they are square images from the beginning.

Maybe using these for example:
Nice images! Are they free (i.e., CC or something?)... if so, could I use them? Actually, I could certainly program AMR to pick different icon sets depending on some preferences

Cheers!
Old 09 January 2016, 00:21   #86
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I don't know if the images are free, but it seems so (GNU):

http://mysitemyway.com/terms-conditions/

I will take a look to see where do you have your actual images and I can try to use them instead resized and using PeterK's 16 colors palette and take a pic if so. What size are you actually using for them? Edit: Forget it, I see they are 40x40, iff.

Edit: About the icon, if you just take the one of your previous version and you copy it over the existing, it was right in that version. Surely packing it it lost some attributes or something. I've unpacked it on Windows, but it should have to be right like in your previous versions.

Edit2: Sorry, I hadn't seen what you've got in your package -and it's great it has all of the icons-. In the icons drawer the only one that is bad is the "AmimodRadio2.tool", the rest are fine, so you can use the AmimodRadio1.tool and delete the other.

Edit 3: Changing the buttons images.
This is with the existing buttons:

And this with the ones of my post. They use 16 colors instead of 256 yours use:

Your buttons with black border:

I've attached the images so you can see if you like any .
Attached Files
File Type: rar TygreButtonsWithBlackBorder.rar (8.3 KB, 684 views)
File Type: rar NewButtons.rar (3.4 KB, 724 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 09 January 2016 at 13:16.
Old 09 January 2016, 17:56   #87
tygre
Returning fan!

Quote:
I don't know if the images are free, but it seems so (GNU):

http://mysitemyway.com/terms-conditions/
Yes, they seem to license their themes as GPL, therefore the images in the themes are GPL as well

Quote:
Sorry, I hadn't seen what you've got in your package -and it's great it has all of the icons-. In the icons drawer the only one that is bad is the "AmimodRadio2.tool", the rest are fine, so you can use the AmimodRadio1.tool and delete the other.
Thanks! Will clean this up!

Quote:
Changing the buttons images.
This is with the existing buttons:

And this with the ones of my post. They use 16 colors instead of 256 yours use:

Your buttons with black border:

I've attached the images so you can see if you like any .
Looks very nice! Thanks! I have added a note to myself to allow different image sets... Stay tune

Cheers!
Old 09 January 2016, 21:21   #88
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

About SongFace there are like three versions on Aminet. I think I maybe tried the first or the second and the third wasn't working -just maybe-. This is what you can get while playing a song with SongPlayer: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_w...wItcanLook.jpg . Yes, it includes an option for Karaoke.

It tells you how to create its MUI screen -and you learn a lot with it- and it opens it with scope and background, different letters and so, but it has some problem depending in what image you use. You can try it and read the readme.

Anyway SongFace doesn't play mods, but maybe it's posible to configure another player in a similar way.

Last edited by Retrofan; 24 February 2016 at 14:35.
Old 10 January 2016, 01:46   #89
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygre View Post
...Looks very nice! Thanks! I have added a note to myself to allow different image sets... Stay tune
Cheers!
Then if there is an option then you may want to have also some 24Bit version for RTG only:

Your icons in violet:

Or the square metallic ones:

Like always, just use or not only what you like.

Edit: You could also make some AmimodRadio MUI prefs adding the images to the drawers and the AmimodRadio.prefs file and select what background images you would like to have as default, but you can leave that up to the user, it's just an option you have.
This is for example changing them now in AKReal and saving them as AmimodRadio.prefs. A fast change, I will look about changing the small MUI buttons I'm using for better ones.

Attached Files
File Type: rar SquareNew24Bits.rar (6.2 KB, 718 views)
File Type: rar VioletNew24Bits.rar (17.7 KB, 705 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 10 January 2016 at 02:52.
Old 16 February 2016, 19:40   #90
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi Retrofan and all!

First, sorry for the delay, I was quite busy in real life
Second, thank you so much for your cool icons , I will definitely integrate them into AmiModRadio!

Cheers!
Old 17 February 2016, 01:23   #91
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Don't worry at all, keep it up!

Last edited by Retrofan; 17 February 2016 at 01:30.
Old 17 February 2016, 11:22   #92
AMIGASYSTEM

AmiModRadio works perfectly on my AfA OS, only problem is that I receive a request with the words "HippoPlayer Unable to load calibration file", to listen to music I do not use HippoPlayer

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 04 March 2016 at 13:57.
Old 17 February 2016, 12:03   #93
daxb

Strange, a HippoPlayer reqeuster without running it. However, you can disable "Cybercalibration......." and "Use CyberSound calibration.." in HippoPlayer prefs. Better would be to create a 14Bit_Calibration file. See HippoPlayer "Support" drawer and read 14bit.Doc first!

Edit:
If you are on WinUAE it might be better to use AHI instead.
Old 17 February 2016, 12:44   #94
AMIGASYSTEM

Ok solved the problem:
- Make Directory Sound Drivers in the path SYS:Prefs/Env-Archive/CyberSound
- Copied files 14_Bit_Calibration in SoundDrivers directory

About AHI I set it in the prefs of HippoPlayer and disable the Calibration?
Old 17 February 2016, 13:49   #95
daxb

Please read the docs to decide what settings do you need/like because it depends on used system and your preferences. I don`t know how WinUAE handles different playing/mixing modes. For example 14-bit CyberSound calibration (needs calibration by user) on classic hardware gives better sound quality through Paula with 16bit music sources. With soundcard AHI should be the best choice but only if the module format is supported.
Old 19 February 2016, 01:33   #96
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Hi: I just saw a nice image and as I was bored I've made an icon. I don't know if it can be usefull, in fact I don't think so, but here it is anyway .

Edit:
Icon and image edited, see post below.

If you find any utility for it, ok.

Last edited by Retrofan; 20 February 2016 at 20:50.
Old 20 February 2016, 19:06   #97
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Ah, ok. I've seen the icon will work for what I wanted.

Just put it in Ram, rename it to def_AmiModRadio.info, leave it out on the screen, put it where you want it to stay, snapshot it and then Put it away again inside Ram, then just put it into SYS:Prefs/Env-Archive/Sys and reboot.

Now when you start AmiModRadio and you iconify it, this will be the icon it will use

Edit: I've made two sizes, 46 and 64 and changed both, attached.

Attached Files
File Type: zip AmiModDef.zip (8.3 KB, 434 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 08 March 2016 at 02:54.
Old 22 February 2016, 02:40   #98
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi Retrofan!

Nice! I like to retro feel of it

Cheers!
Old 25 February 2016, 22:32   #99
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I've seen these icons in this site: http://www.bijusubhash.com/music-pla...free-download/ that seem to be free.

They look right with RTG, although the author says that they " will suit for dark colored music player theme".
You know you can change that with the MUI prefs, but anyway this is how they look now with my settings:

Converted to 24Bit iff images, attached.

Edit: I think it would be nice if someone could search for a set of better images for the small buttons on the right, square ones.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LatestIcons24B.zip (14.5 KB, 435 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 26 February 2016 at 01:22.
Old 28 February 2016, 22:00   #100
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Tygre could you please tell me what the small icons make, all of them?
I'm searching some images to substitute them (I've found these, the gray ones and I can make more using them), but I need to know what for are each one, for example the second in the second row, and also the last two ones, but tell me all better.

Edit: No, sorry, the icons I've found don't look well so small. But who knows, maybe somebody else has a nice set of icons that fit.

Last edited by Retrofan; 28 February 2016 at 22:54.