English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 10 July 2009, 00:54   #1
jonricky

how to create save disk

im just playing space crusade and im just wondering how do i create a save disk, i tried the create disk and create custom disk on win uae and named the disk ie blood marines as a save disk for the blood marines etc, then pressed F12 went down to floppy drives and ejected the game disk and changed it to the blood marines disk i created and tried again, it said disk error try again, so i checked the write protected box in floppy drives and again tried to save and it said disk error try again. How do i create a save disk that will work?? thanks everyone, im a bit of a newbie to this stuff.
Old 10 July 2009, 01:04   #2
jonricky

just figured out i had to format the disk first which i did and it enters the disks directory then again when i selected save and the save slot it said disk error check disk and try again
Old 10 July 2009, 01:14   #3
prowler
Global Moderator

Hi jonricky,

Perhaps this is not an error writing the save disk, but an error reading the original game disk.

Try leaving the original game disk in DF0: and mount the save disk image as DF1:

Also check that the volum names on the game disk and save disk are not identical.
Old 10 July 2009, 01:33   #4
jonricky

yup that worked, thanks!