English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

View Poll Results: Which house should I represent?
The noble Atreides 6 25.00%
The insideous Ordos 9 37.50%
The evil Harkonen 9 37.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23 June 2007, 10:01   #21
laffer
Zone Friend

Haha, yeah the computer cheats like crazy in that game

Looking forwards to seeing the longplay btw
Old 23 June 2007, 10:29   #22
Ironclaw
Banned

Lol, never mind... second time around I KICKED their ass.. oh, the humiliation for them.... ownage 2000.... got lucky maybe.
Old 23 June 2007, 15:48   #23
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Anyways IC, do the "destroyed harverster spice multiplication" trick!
Old 23 June 2007, 16:16   #24
Ironclaw
Banned

How does that work?, just currious. won't cheat anyway...

this guy in this forum gave me two cheats, they don't work... only the controll a taken over unit.. sort of... so no use to me

http://recordedamigagames.ath.cx/mod...#forumpost1328

cute pic.. lol :
Old 23 June 2007, 17:01   #25
Shoonay
Global Caturator

You destroy a harvester (any), spice leaks out.
Start harvesting it and you'll soon realize that there's more spice than was before...
Old 23 June 2007, 17:09   #26
Ironclaw
Banned

Really?.... kk, will not use that cheat anyway, or any other cheat or bug.. and only play with ordos... but so far (final mission now).. it has been very easy... only mission 6 that was tough at the beginning as I had almost no spice to harvest.. but manage to kill some cpu units and steal theirs. I think that was the reason they gave me so little to start with... so I would struggle for the spice on their side, because when the fight was over, they had only harvested 3000 while I harvested 20000+.. so didn't harvest much because it was meant to be mine.. I guess.
Old 23 June 2007, 17:21   #27
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclaw
but manage to kill some cpu units and steal theirs
You didn't kill a harvester, did ya?

Last edited by Shoonay; 08 July 2007 at 08:18.
Old 07 July 2007, 22:07   #28
Ironclaw
Banned

Had it done a while ago... but finally got it uploaded http://recordedamigagames.ath.cx/mod...dex.php?id=132

My comment from RAG:

Quote:
A quickly written comment. (spelling errors and stuff maybe)

This game was recorded on request by one of the members of the RAG site (sign up and post your request too and someone might record it).

When I played this games as a kid, I played as the Harkonnen (my first and only pick, just because I liked the color), not knowing they were the most powerful House. The game was fairly simple. I wanted this movie to be a bit special, so I asked around which House were the weakest, and they all said it was Ordos. Seems like very few people have completed the game with the Ordos. People knowing this also don't play as them just because of that.

The ingame music (the one when playing, not the intro, cut scenes or the outro) in the Amiga version sucks (in my opinion), so I turned off the music in the first mission as I planned to add nicer music later when editing the movie... but sadly, none of my music editing tools like the idea of a 9 hour sound file so I could not do what I wanted. I tried splitting the sound file into smaller pieces, to add music into each one, but had problems with that aswell for various reasons. So... I just let it go and submitted the movie without ingame music . Too bad the music in most of the cutscenes were removed aswell. At least the into and outro has music .

This is my longest movie so far, and it's not that long considering what game this is. I remember I spent hours on each of the later missions when I last played it (as a kid... uhm.. maybe 13 years ago). It was not untill later in the game I realized that I had to build those concrete blocks under a building to get it not to lose health when placed, or over time. I also didn't realize until much later that each time I entered the building where I order stuff, the price of stuff changed. Man, I could have saved alot of credits if I knew this earlier... now I go in and out over and over again till I get a good price .

It's said that this game has some bugs, well, I didn't use any of them... but I discovered the deviator bug on the last level and sort of "semi-used" used it for a moment. I took over an enemy unit and made it attack an enemy thingy, when it turned back to the enemy color, it kept on attack the target I assigned. But when the target is destroyed, it comes for me again... so no biggie .

I completely ran out of credits and spice fields, also had very few units left... but managed to win (close call). I wanted a fancy defeat over the enemy with lots of orni's... didn't turn out like that though.

Problem: And once again, I get sound delay after encoding the movie in MeGUI. The source files didn't have any sound delay, the files after editing them in VirtualDub had no sound delay, when previewing the movie through the avs script in MPC I had no sound delay, BUT, when the movie was encoded in MeGUI; I got sound delay . I tried updating the tools, reinstalling them etc, made no difference. I have reinstalled Windows now and hope my next movie will not have this problem.
Old 08 July 2007, 08:14   #29
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Cool, thanks... so it's off to watch it and then replay meself a bit of Dune 2, I guess...