English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 10 December 2015, 22:23   #61
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Send a message via Skype™ to Retrofan
I don't understand why you tell my acttitude is "aggressive" at all. Also if you feel guilty it must be something you feel, not something I say. I've just asked in the past from a year to another, you know even sending you a kind PM a year ago.

Also I believe you won't let me put an option to have my WB launcher for your program and let the user to decide by himself to download your program and use it with my launcher in my distro.

Sorry about your feeling about the Amiga spirit. Have a nice Christmas anyway, you have my respect as an old Amiga user, which I'm not.

Respect.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 10 December 2015, 22:25   #62
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
I don't understand why you tell my acttitude is "aggressive" at all.
Because you have been told "no" over and over again and yet you still don't respect my decision by insisting.
It seems to me the notion of "consent" is missing in your dictionary and this is a worrying personality trait. I hope you don't extend it to all aspects of your life.

Also if you don't understand the concept of "guilt trips", then I have nothing else to say in the matter. I don't feel guilty, quite the opposite, you misread.

Now please stop polluting this thread about software with this ridiculous personal discussion. My "feeling" comes from this kinda attitude by lots of people on the scene, which drives me to believe the next time I make something like this with a friend, I don't want it released publicly. A loss for everyone involved.
Old 10 December 2015, 22:38   #63
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

Hi Akira

Have you any news on a guide or manual for this
Old 10 December 2015, 22:50   #64
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnim View Post
Hi Akira

Have you any news on a guide or manual for this
Thanks for reaching out about this!
I'm still working on the manual. This has been a really rough year for me with many changes and complications, so our dev time for PT-1210 has basically gone to zero

Hopefully I can get that out of the door soon so I can scratch it off my tasks list. I'm really sorry about the delay on this!
Old 10 December 2015, 22:53   #65
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

Thankyou

life does come first

looking forward to it cheers
Old 10 February 2016, 18:12   #66
8bitbubsy

Send a message via MSN to 8bitbubsy
Will the source code be available at some point?
Old 10 February 2016, 18:47   #67
Akira

8itbubsy: not sure, no plans at the moment. But who knows.
We're still working on it, albeit at slug pace.

Personally I am not fond of the idea of open sourced projects. I don't mind sharing the code per se, I just don't like the idea of weird offshoots of a program. But I don't want to call forth the open source police to this thread and have a stupid argument with them again.
Old 07 November 2017, 19:49   #68
Akira

Thanks to RCK, PT-1210 is now hosted at the Abime network! PT-1210 was basically born here, so it feels great to be hosted in Abime

The new URL is http://pt1210.abime.net

Not much else to report, besides me still working on the damn PDF manual :/ I have all the text sorted, just need to diagram it into book format.
Old 09 November 2017, 00:06   #69
LuMan
Amigan - an loving it!!

I don't do a great deal of DJ-ing at all (although I do do a lot of music stuff), but this just looks fantastic! Cracking idea and a great product. Am I right in thinking that it works by using the Amigas as a sort of launchpad, similar to Novation products?

If I was at a music venue and someone was doing live stuff with this then I'd totally freak!

Totally excellent. Well done!
Old 13 November 2017, 16:27   #70
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuMan View Post
Am I right in thinking that it works by using the Amigas as a sort of launchpad, similar to Novation products?
No, it works like a turntable.
Closest thing would be a Pioneer CDJ.
Old 13 November 2017, 16:54   #71
LuMan
Amigan - an loving it!!

Ah. I get you now.
Old 14 November 2017, 01:24   #72
motosega

i got my rom chips in the maill and now i have an a500 with ks 3.1, and 1mb chip ram.

pt-1210 now runs but it locks up quite often, sometimes giving a guru meditation, sometimes needing a hard reset. this is using the pt1210 adf with the chip mods from your site in a gotek floppy emulator running flashfloppy.

akira, did you test pt1210 extensivly on an a500 with ks3.1? or am i having some kind of hardware issue?
Old 14 November 2017, 02:02   #73
Akira

Nope, we don't have an A500 with 3.1. Or we did not have one back then.
Can you tell me more exactly at which point it locks up? I need more details. Also which mods lock up, and if it is consistent (like "this module always locks it up").

Many of the lock-ups we get are related to one of tehse two things:

- Memory allocation. Some mods just ruin the memory.
- Shitty FT2 or other software made modules, I thought we fixed this though.
Old 15 November 2017, 03:19   #74
motosega

i had a play with it again this evening on the other identical A500 (1mb chip ram ks 3.1, flashfloppy) but the same power supply.(which i am suspecting)
i can run the memory test from systest for hours with no errors

i'm testing with the adf image from the pt1210 website and the mods therin. it dosen't always crash with the same mod, or at the same time, but if i play around with it it seems to take longer to crash than if i just leave it to play a mod. also if i just leave it sitting there not playing it dosen't seem to crash.

sometimes it just locks up, and sometimes it flashes the keyboard light for a while, then gives me a guru meditation.

i want to completely rule out the powersupply too, i'll wire an amiga up to my lab power supply an see how it goes,
Old 15 November 2017, 16:02   #75
Akira

I have an A500 I can test with, but I removed the 3.1 ROMs and gave them to the A600 and I don't want to revert that, so I am kinda stuck using 1.3. Although I have enough memory to probably be able to softboot 3.1.

I'll see what I can do.

Also: what chipset do you have? Is it full ECS or does it have an OCS Agnus?
Old 18 November 2017, 02:13   #76
motosega

both of these a500 are rev6a boards with a 1mb agnus 8372a ecs agnus.

I have a spare 3.1 kickstart if you need it.

hopefully I have some time to test with a differnt power supply this weekend.
Old 20 November 2017, 16:17   #77
Akira

OK let me know what happens after that.
Old 21 November 2017, 08:41   #78
Tsak

I completely missed this thread!
Awesome job done there guys and such a lovely video!

Kudos to Akira, Hoffman and everyone else involved
Old 21 November 2017, 16:23   #79
Akira

Welcome to the tiny club of PT-1210 users Tsak
Old 23 November 2017, 18:18   #80
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul Send a message via Skype™ to Foul
PT-1210 not launching at all on my A1200 system (cf signature) : here is the Snoopdos log :

Code:
Count Process Name       Action     Target Name                 Options            Res.         
----- ------------       ------     -----------                 -------            ----         
1     Workbench          ToolType   REXX                                           Fail         
2     Workbench          ToolType   CLI                                            Fail         
3     Workbench          FindPort   Directory Opus                                 Fail         
4     Workbench          *Lock      ENV:                        Read               OK           
5     Workbench          *Open      ENV:classes/window/server   Read               Fail         
6     HD0                *Lock      SYS:Prefs/ENV-Archive/class Read                            
7     Workbench          GetVar     classes/window/server       Any                Fail         
8     Workbench          *Lock      HD2:PT1210mk1/PT1210        Read               OK           
9     Workbench          *Lock      HD2:PT1210mk1/""            Read               OK           
10    KingCON DOS-proces FindPort   Directory Opus                                 Fail         
11    KingCON DOS-proces *Lock      ENV:                        Read               OK           
12    KingCON DOS-proces *Open      ENV:KCON.prefs              Read               OK           
13    KingCON DOS-proces *Open      ENV:Sys/def_KingCON.info    Read               OK           
14    Background CLI     GetVar     echo                        Local              Fail         
15    Background CLI     GetVar     oldredirect                 Local              Fail         
16    Background CLI     GetVar     keepdoublequotes            Local              Fail         
17    Background CLI     GetVar     interactive                 Local              Fail         
18    Background CLI     FindVar    PT1210                      Alias              Fail         
19    Background CLI     GetVar     _pchar                      Local              Fail         
20    Background CLI     GetVar     _mchar                      Local              Fail         
21    Background CLI     *Lock      HD2:PT1210mk1/PT1210        Read               OK           
22    Background CLI     *Open      HD2:PT1210mk1/PT1210        Read               OK           
23    Background CLI     *Lock      HD2:PT1210mk1/PT1210        Read               OK           
24    PT1210             *Lock      HD2:PT1210mk1/""            Read               OK           
25    PT1210             *Open      HD2:PT1210mk1/PT1210        Read               OK           
26    Background CLI     GetVar     echo                        Local              Fail         
27    Background CLI     GetVar     oldredirect                 Local              Fail         
28    Background CLI     GetVar     keepdoublequotes            Local              Fail         
29    Background CLI     GetVar     interactive                 Local              Fail         
30    CON                FindSem    KingCON DC.1                                   Fail

Last edited by Foul; 23 November 2017 at 18:41.
AdSense AdSense