English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 05 November 2011, 11:12   #61
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
It's sad that everything on the miggy sort of assumes you have OS5.5 or higher for it to be any fun. I don't want OS4... I want a TCP/IP stack for Workbench 3.1, and a webbrowser to go with it. After all i want a slightly retro experience. If i want to be up to date, i got the PC. It's (somewhat) up to date.
A lot of I want/don't want from someone who is happy with the old stuff. If you want more upgrade. If you don't why are you complaining about it?
You should be satisfied with what you have? I have lost count of the number of times I have seen people boasting about never upgrading, only to then start complaining about problems they would not have if they upgraded.
Old 05 November 2011, 20:19   #62
Mr B

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
A lot of I want/don't want from someone who is happy with the old stuff. If you want more upgrade.
Uh... Lets try that again. I want a webbrowser for the "real" amiga OS, which to me would be 3.x. It's clearly wishful thinking, but still, it's an opinion i'm allowed to have.

Quote:
If you don't why are you complaining about it?
Who is what?

Quote:
You should be satisfied with what you have?
Yeah. Fuck those that want things that aren't already provided. Sit down, shut up, and fit in to the gray mass.

Quote:
I have lost count of the number of times I have seen people boasting about never upgrading, only to then start complaining about problems they would not have if they upgraded.
I'm sorry, but your point here is? I just love car analogies, so i'm going to use one.

Some one have a perfectly fine, but old, rusty and dented car. It's not a race car, but an old banger still gets you where you have to go. For a unknown reason the owner isn't quite happy with it, but gets a new car. This one has all the bells and whistles, goes like a rocket, and looks like a spaceship. Due to incorrect wheel alignment it has a nasty habit of losing traction when it's wet out, something that would be an easy fix, but since it's a problem they never would have had with the old ride, they should shut up, and only use the new ride in dry conditions. Or simply shut up, and drive in wet conditions as well, and end up of-road, in a tree, or something just as lethal.

Honestly dude. What was your point again? That the old banger was perfect and couldn't have been equiped with working heating, so the owner could have kept it, instead of getting a new ride? You confuse me. Upgrade, fix a flaw, it doesn't matter to you, you just want to whine about it, so neither can be done?
B!
Old 05 November 2011, 21:27   #63
James

Quote:
Uh... Lets try that again. I want a webbrowser for the "real" amiga OS, which to me would be 3.x. It's clearly wishful thinking, but still, it's an opinion i'm allowed to have.
So now it is 3.x? I thought you were only interested in 3.1...
Of course you are allowed an opinion, it just bugs me when it starts to sound like a demand on others. I would also like a better browser for my real Amiga! (Not just OS)

Quote:

Who is what?
You seemed to be complaining that no one has produced a modern CSS capable browser (the point of this thread) for you while you refuse to upgrade from OS3.1, because you don't wan't something modern. If I have misunderstood then I apologise...

Quote:

Yeah. F*ck those that want things that aren't already provided. Sit down, shut up, and fit in to the gray mass.
B!
As I said before you have every right to want something different, but no right at all to expect that others will produce it for you.

Quote:

I'm sorry, but your point here is? I just love car analogies, so i'm going to use one.

Some one have a perfectly fine, but old, rusty and dented car. It's not a race car, but an old banger still gets you where you have to go. For a unknown reason the owner isn't quite happy with it, but gets a new car. This one has all the bells and whistles, goes like a rocket, and looks like a spaceship. Due to incorrect wheel alignment it has a nasty habit of losing traction when it's wet out, something that would be an easy fix, but since it's a problem they never would have had with the old ride, they should shut up, and only use the new ride in dry conditions. Or simply shut up, and drive in wet conditions as well, and end up of-road, in a tree, or something just as lethal.

Honestly dude. What was your point again? That the old banger was perfect and couldn't have been equiped with working heating, so the owner could have kept it, instead of getting a new ride? You confuse me. Upgrade, fix a flaw, it doesn't matter to you, you just want to whine about it, so neither can be done?
B!
This makes no sense at all... I'll assume it is a language thing and leave it at that.
Old 06 November 2011, 01:21   #64
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
This makes no sense at all... I'll assume it is a language thing and leave it at that.
Yes, that makes more sense. This argument, which you started, adds nothing of value to the thread. If you wish to continue, please use PMs. Further trolling will result in those posts being deleted without further warning.
Old 06 November 2011, 09:21   #65
amiga_user

Quote:
You seemed to be complaining that no one has produced a modern CSS capable browser (the point of this thread) for you while you refuse to upgrade from OS3.1, because you don't wan't something modern.

If he wants a modern OS, there's Windows, Linux, OS X , NOT that os4 crap, which doesn't even have autoconfig.

Last edited by amiga_user; 06 November 2011 at 10:25.

Old 06 November 2011, 11:46   #66
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
Yes, that makes more sense. This argument, which you started, adds nothing of value to the thread. If you wish to continue, please use PMs. Further trolling will result in those posts being deleted without further warning.
No I have no interest in continuing this... my only intention was was to get Mr B to consider upgrading from OS3.1 as he seemed dissatisfied with what it offered. I failed utterly...
Please note that I never mentioned OS4... Lots of options are available including OS3.9 which is more what I was referring to. (Yes I Know there is no better option there either but I think that there is at least more hope...)

Feel free to delete this post if you feel it is trolling.