English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 11 July 2023, 11:31   #21
AmigaDweeb
Mutation Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul1981 View Post
I'll treat myself to CyberPunks 2 at Christmas. Your games are truly top class and authentically 90's.
Superb, I will say now though that the Physical versions are getting pretty low on stock for CyberPunks 2. All the CD32 CDROMS are gone as are the Big Glossy Box version. Just about 20'ish Micro Series mini jewel case USB versions left. Digital version of course is all good forever.
Alinea Computer (Germany) have some of the previous stock, so you may get lucky there if wanting anything I no longer have stock of.
https://www.amiga-shop.net/en/Amiga-...s:::29_53.html

Regards wrapping for sale on other platforms...
I will look a bit deeper into wrapping the games perhaps. I think it has been done on Nintendo Switch in some shape or form somebody here told me recently, but I have not looked into any of that in detail.
The rather old skool way I still code them isn't strictly conventional by some modern standards LOL. The backbone of the engine is 30+ years old and still works for 90-95% of Amigan's I have encountered anyway with standard/base systems and new stuff like Amiga 500 mini, so that's enough for me. There are so many hybrid types of Amiga now, I am actually surprised Wiz and CyberPunks 2 have even run on some of them at all LOL

Thank bejesus for WHDLoad too and all that made that happen down the years. Fantastic warez!

Cheers all
Old 12 January 2024, 11:32   #22
AmigaDweeb
Mutation Software

About 600+ CyberPunks 2 have sold now to date across all paid physical and digital formats and versions.

Wiz went onto to do more sales in all versions too, along with the gold compilation which has done a few hundred+ on top in all paid forms also.

For me it seems, new paid AGA releases are eventually somewhere between 600 - 1000 max based on what I have seen over the last several years since Wiz and everything else was launched.

Next game tho will see more Physical units supplied to distributors to save as much as possible on those silly import duty fees into Europe and beyond where possible.

My personal 'safe' overall answer to expected sales for a new AGA game in the current climate is 700 units max. (over a 12month period perhaps).

Hope that helps some.

Last edited by AmigaDweeb; 12 January 2024 at 11:37.
Old 12 January 2024, 13:54   #23
sokolovic

Thanks. That's very interesting.
As said in another thread, have you every considered to get in touch with Retro Games for their A500 mini/maxi line ? (Or Evercade).
Old 12 January 2024, 13:57   #24
S0ulA55a551n

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionagony View Post
Interesting. Do you know if this has ever been done, has anyone ever tried to sell an Amiga game wrapped in an emulator on Steam etc?

When I bought Monkey Island 3 for Mac on Steam, its was just wrapped in Scumm VM
Old 12 January 2024, 15:59   #25
AmigaDweeb
Mutation Software

I will certainly give Retro Games a shout, tho my gut tells me they have a huge catalogue of classics to draw upon and acquire before considering little old me and any of my Amiga games. Can but try tho for sure
Old 12 January 2024, 16:13   #26
AmigaDweeb
Mutation Software

I just wrote to them so you never know