English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 02 January 2008, 18:24   #1
Heula

why pre loaded games don't work?

Yesterday I installed the Classic Workbench and it looks real nice.

I have all my preloaded hd games ( downloaded from http://www.guildserver.co.uk/kgwhd/) on a network folder and added a directory to it. The games all shown up like it should be but I noticed some games won't work. Did not test all of them off course. With some games the screen stays black and with other games it just return to the Classic WB screen.

I tested for example persian gulf inferno and it didn't work as preloaded hd game but when I play the game with adf file in df0 it works just fine.

I use Winuae 1460b4

How come and can it be fixed some how?

Last edited by Heula; 02 January 2008 at 18:47.
Old 02 January 2008, 19:25   #2
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Are you using the latest WHDLoad? Does classicWB come bundled with WHDLoad? Perhaps its an old version? Are you extracting the whdload zip files with windows or within the emulated amiga environment?
Old 02 January 2008, 20:10   #3
Heula

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_hairy_bootson View Post
Are you using the latest WHDLoad? Does classicWB come bundled with WHDLoad? Perhaps its an old version? Are you extracting the whdload zip files with windows or within the emulated amiga environment?
WHDload came with classic WB. Don't know what version. I'll try updating WHDload.
The games are on my server ans I have added that folder to the winuae config of the Classic WB. They are not in the hardfile!

All the games in the games folder are about 6 or 7 GB so I think that is a little to big for creating a hardfile?
Old 02 January 2008, 20:26   #4
Heula

Downloaded and installed the latest WHDLoad_dev.lha from http://www.whdload.de/ but no difference. The examle game PGI keeps returning to the CWB.
Old 02 January 2008, 20:37   #5
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Try making a HDF and mounting it. Then extract the zip files of some of your problem games to the HDF from within the ClassicWB emulated environment. Using dopus makes it easy enough. And see how you go.

edit: just spoke to someone on irc and he suggested extracting from within the amiga emulated environment to your windows game folder as there are certain filenames that windows will have a problem extracting without renaming.

Last edited by T_hairy_bootson; 02 January 2008 at 20:42.
Old 02 January 2008, 21:08   #6
Heula

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_hairy_bootson View Post
Try making a HDF and mounting it. Then extract the zip files of some of your problem games to the HDF from within the ClassicWB emulated environment. Using dopus makes it easy enough. And see how you go.

edit: just spoke to someone on irc and he suggested extracting from within the amiga emulated environment to your windows game folder as there are certain filenames that windows will have a problem extracting without renaming.
I have created a hdf and placed several games to it but still the same problem. All the preloaded games are already extracted so I can't extract them in the amiga environment.
Perhaps I can download the file again and try extracting it in the amiga environment.

The games I tried were Persian Gulf Ingerno, Pinball fantasies and Leisure suit Larry.
With pinball fantasies I got a software failure 8100 0008. I remember this one when I had my amiga 500 (about 18 years ago)
Old 02 January 2008, 21:33   #7
Heula

I downloaded the games in zip format and extracted them to new created hdf with Mira wizarc but this didn't do the trick. I guess I have to live with it that some games just don't work from hd.