English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 06 July 2018, 20:45   #1
Ohnhai
Uridium II Artist.

Exclamation Intermittent colour changes in display

Trying to get my old A1200 back into fighting form.

All seems to work except I was getting intermittent colour changes in the display (mainly the display yellowed) and on composite the image would go blurry and then get lots of noise over the screen like a badly tuned RF signal...

This is in to my 46ā€¯Samsung.

I bought an RGB-SCART cable and an SCART to HDMI box and that eliminared the BAD RF like issue from the composite but I was still getting the colour shift...

I opened her up and had a good look a the board but there was virtually no dust, dirt and no evidence of cap leakage.

Tonight I borrowed a small monitor from work (an LG with scart sockets) to eliminate my TV as an issue and after I re-assembled the Amiga I plugged her in and turned her on.

It came up looking good with proper colours and then about a minuet in, the colour change happened and stayed that way...

The functionality of the machine seems fine apart from this video issue...

Does anyone have any ideas?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkiTeLMoNy4-tjB5f4VRjmlaif_-

Last edited by Ohnhai; 06 July 2018 at 20:49. Reason: Typos and sorting pic/link