English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad

Old 20 August 2020, 09:01   #1
frozen

Hook ITA

Hi someone can add the support for italian version of Hook to the WHDLOAD that is limited to English German and French? Here the link to original IPF 4 disk: https://mega.nz/file/rs13ETyZ#UvH57v...uSYx1yBxMX3Fr8
Tx in advance for the help.
Old 03 September 2020, 22:34   #2
frozen

Nobody reply?
Old 04 September 2020, 00:30   #3
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozen View Post
Nobody reply?
Contact galahad for this.
Old 04 September 2020, 11:07   #4
frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
Contact galahad for this.
Ok I'll try......
Old 17 September 2020, 11:02   #5
frozen

Hi, Gahalad maybe is a bit busy, he didn't answer me even in private ... so another UP
Old 01 October 2020, 22:39   #6
frozen

Anyone who can help?
Old 21 October 2020, 11:02   #7
frozen

Is it possible that no one can help to simply add the ITA version to the 3 already present?
Old 21 October 2020, 14:46   #8
ross
Defendit numerus

Your messages have been seen.
You just have to be very patient.
Old 20 November 2020, 14:15   #9
frozen

OK, 4 months have passed since my request to add Hook in Italian to the 3 versions already present. I saw that there was also a previous request similar to mine that Galahad said he was working on. Are there really so many difficulties? It would be appreciated at least a positive or negative response that is also to understand if it is possible or not to have support for the Italian version. Clearly also know if it depends on your free time. Greetings.
Old 20 November 2020, 17:12   #10
DamienD
Banned

You do realise that the more you hassle Galahad, the less chance you have of him actually doing the install.

I've seen numerous threads, not only this one, where he's being repeatedly asked to do the install.
Old 21 November 2020, 14:17   #11
frozen

Hello, I only made one request to which I have not even received a positive or negative response, whether it is related to feasibility or the time available to those who are able to do so. Mr. Galahad, whom I do not know, was pointed out to me on this forum as capable of carrying out the operation.
I was also advised here on the forum to write a private message to Mr. Galahad and Mr. Jodt from which I got no answer.
If looking for answers after 4 months of asking a question on this forum is equivalent to annoying, there is probably something wrong here ...
Old 21 November 2020, 14:32   #12
chip

It's like in the real life .... there's no exact rules

Some requests are accomplished, some not ..... some private messages are replied, some not

It's not a perfect science even here
Old 21 November 2020, 18:57   #13
rygar

Quote:
Hello, I only made one request to which I have not even received a positive or negative response, whether it is related to feasibility or the time available to those who are able to do so. Mr. Galahad, whom I do not know, was pointed out to me on this forum as capable of carrying out the operation.
I was also advised here on the forum to write a private message to Mr. Galahad and Mr. Jodt from which I got no answer.
If looking for answers after 4 months of asking a question on this forum is equivalent to annoying, there is probably something wrong here ...

you should read Galahad answer about Hook ITA version first. He made it from cracked version so far so i think it's main reason not to do it again from IPFs...
Old 21 November 2020, 20:53   #14
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Right, I have access to the "unofficial" IPF of Hook Italian.

Question: Where the hell did this come from?

What "original" was used to make this IPF, because someone has been editing code in this version, and frankly, i'm having to fix shit someone else didn't need to touch.

At this point I am on the cusp of abandoning support for this "unofficial" Italian version, and will only offer support for my cracked Italian release.
Old 21 November 2020, 22:17   #15
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Right, I have access to the "unofficial" IPF of Hook Italian.

Question: Where the hell did this come from?

What "original" was used to make this IPF, because someone has been editing code in this version, and frankly, i'm having to fix shit someone else didn't need to touch.

At this point I am on the cusp of abandoning support for this "unofficial" Italian version, and will only offer support for my cracked Italian release.
Phil, i have processed this game in IPF as italian original. The disks are not modified (neither disk 1,2,3 or 4).
So what you discovered is native, it's not a modification added, otherwise i would have spotted it with the CTA.

User modification = Track written on regular amiga drive = modified.

Can you explain what exactly do you mean by 'edited code' ? What is your point of comparison ? What is this modification do to the game ?

Last edited by dlfrsilver; 21 November 2020 at 22:25.
Old 21 November 2020, 23:08   #16
ross
Defendit numerus

The modifications in italian version was done externally in outsourcing, it differ from M3 version.
So yes, dlfrsilver's IPF are good

---
Just a side note, for some reason all copy around of the Galahad's crack are with a bad RNC file inside.
I have no idea what side effects it has, but correcting it is very simple, maybe afterwards I send Phill a message
---
Old 21 November 2020, 23:48   #17
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross View Post
The modifications in italian version was done externally in outsourcing, it differ from M3 version.

---
Just a side note, for some reason all copy around of the Galahad's crack are with a bad RNC file inside.
I have no idea what side effects it has, but correcting it is very simple, maybe afterwards I send Phill a message
---
Thats the thing, they didn't need to touch some of the external files, but yet I can see NOP's in places they don't need to be.

My Italian version was disk 1 from English version I think, with 2,3,4 from Italian version, or was it the Spanish version I had to fix, I can't remember now, but code editing in the main code for the game I can understand, but someone has been fucking about with external code that didn't need to be touched.
Old 22 November 2020, 12:23   #18
frozen

Quote:
Hi someone can add the support for italian version of Hook to the WHDLOAD that is limited to English German and French? Here the link to original IPF 4 disk: https://mega.nz/file/rs13ETyZ#UvH57v...uSYx1yBxMX3Fr8
Tx in advance for the help.

Hi, these files are original and non cracked.....
Old 22 November 2020, 14:33   #19
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Hi, these files are original and non cracked.....
Well i've worked around the problem, all I need to do now is redo the external memory routine which only expect chip mem or slow mem, a few have complained it doesn't work if real fast ram is present, but the main bulk of the install is done now.
Old 23 November 2020, 01:42   #20
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross View Post

---
---
Thanks Ross for confirming