English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 18 July 2016, 12:40   #1
DaddaRuleKonge

Amiga Video game Book?

Hello.
Been "making" video game encyclopedia PDFs/books for the last four-five years now and have always had the Amiga in the back of my head. Since it was one of my video game systems growing up I have always had a fondness of it. But it`s library is so big and somewhat undocumented so I have never dared begin on the project.
If I would start on this mammoth project, would there be any interest?
The book/PDF would look like the rest of the encyclopedias I made. If anyone is interested, you can download them from here: https://daddarulekonge.itch.io/ Every PDF is free. Just hit the "no thank you bar"

Old 18 July 2016, 13:58   #2
happymondays

I am interested. I have just downloaded your Gamecube book, it looks great.
Old 19 July 2016, 09:31   #3
Amigajay

Yeah that would be great, i love your other pdf books!
Old 19 July 2016, 20:43   #4
dreamkatcha
I've got a new byline

It's the kind of thing I'd read from cover to cover, but I'm fairly sure someone is already working on the same thing. It might be the same guy who did the history of video games epic for YouTube. I remember reading the first couple of PDFs covering the 'A' and 'B' games.
Old 20 July 2016, 21:13   #5
DaddaRuleKonge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamkatcha View Post
It's the kind of thing I'd read from cover to cover, but I'm fairly sure someone is already working on the same thing. It might be the same guy who did the history of video games epic for YouTube. I remember reading the first couple of PDFs covering the 'A' and 'B' games.
Cool. I will try and find out what sort of book/PDF he makes. If it`s similar to what I`m doing then I see no reason to begin this project.

Old 21 July 2016, 11:36   #6
Greyfox
Pixel Blender!

Send a message via MSN to Greyfox
The books you seek were created by creator Paul Drisk a.k.a. the Drisk and is part of the retro asylum podcast team, he has covered and created many books , based on starwars games, Amiga software companies and others, the Amiga compilations where every game covered with a mini reviews, but ceased after the letter B, mainly I suspect to the amount of work involved, so you might have an opening here to create a new edition. I would also suggest looking at an Atari St one as there were many games on that machine never released anywhere else, for more on that Google Atari mania or Atari legend
Old 21 July 2016, 20:33   #7
dreamkatcha
I've got a new byline

Nice one, thanks for filling in the blanks. Always good to be reassured you're not going mad after all.

Sorry for forgetting your name Paul - it's more a reflection of my memory than your awesome contribution to the Amiga community.
Old 23 July 2016, 20:49   #8
DaddaRuleKonge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
The books you seek were created by creator Paul Drisk a.k.a. the Drisk and is part of the retro asylum podcast team, he has covered and created many books , based on starwars games, Amiga software companies and others, the Amiga compilations where every game covered with a mini reviews, but ceased after the letter B, mainly I suspect to the amount of work involved, so you might have an opening here to create a new edition. I would also suggest looking at an Atari St one as there were many games on that machine never released anywhere else, for more on that Google Atari mania or Atari legend
Thank you for the information I will look at it after the Game Boy project is done. The Atari ST is also a very good idea I have not thought about.

Old 24 July 2016, 11:39   #9
Greyfox
Pixel Blender!

Send a message via MSN to Greyfox
No worries and thanks for the amazing work you've done up until this point