English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 04 February 2023, 00:47   #221
jdryyz

I thought I had taken some more photos by now for reference but all the ones I have do not include where the Rev is printed. If I were to trust what the utility is telling me, I have a V6 Rev F.

Just today I was able to get it to be recognized in WinUAE on the first startup. I attached another USB device and when I went to restart WinUAE, it no longer saw the sd card. It is either incredibly picky about the USB bus or there is some other fault.

EDIT: I saw your post after posting my update, Boing-Ball! Thanks for backing up what I said. What I usually do to test it with the scsi2sd utility is I select "Load from Device". If my configuration is not loaded, I know the sd card will not be recognized in WinUAE.

Last edited by jdryyz; 04 February 2023 at 15:36.
Old 06 February 2023, 14:52   #222
jdryyz

Thanks for reminding me about firmware. I have performed several updates over the years and the behavior I'm describing never seemed to be affected by them.

I believe I am on v6.4.13. I just checked the codesrc website and see there is a 6.4.14 update from May of last year, although no mention of anything specific to my problem in the notes. I will install the update anyway.
Old 11 February 2023, 02:10   #223
jdryyz

6.4.14 installed successfullly. Sadly, no impact on my problem.

Another manifestation of the problem is losing connectivity to the drive right in the middle of running WinUAE. I will start to see random read errors from the media. I know at that moment if I shutdown the emulation and check the scsi2sd status, it will be disconnected again.
Old 11 February 2023, 17:01   #224
jdryyz

I disabled all power management on the USB hubs. We'll see how that goes. Normally, I would not see that as a preferred setting but since I do not have any spinning external hard drives attached, I won't be concerned.

Regarding the drivers, I trust I will receive notice of any driver updates through Windows 10. I certainly have in the past. Looks like the latest dates coming up are from 2016. Keep in mind also, I had the same problem with the scsis2sd card on a whole other computer. The driver for the scsi2sd card itself is a Microsoft driver from 2006! I know it is just a basic USB device driver so I doubt it will be getting an update. I would be interested in knowing what others are seeing in their Windows systems, though.