English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 21 July 2012, 11:04   #1
sardine

My lost code

I got pointed to here from amibay.

a complete shot in the dark.

ive been unable to find my 25yrs old amiback disks.

I wrote in asm on the c64 and amiga.

i remember on the amiga i used the correct library calls so my code worked on 1.2 , 1.3 , 2.04 and 3.0 amigas no issues.

it was a crappy little intro i wrote but ive lost all my devpack sources etc.

here goes.

i wrote an intro to a text adventure called "The Gru"

The intro was my music playing with top screen text scroller and copper effect bars with full screen text scoll over a background, I used halfbrite mode for this, (yes i know only ecs and above could see it). I also remember running my code on my A1200/85mbhdd and it still worked no issues.

I programmed this on my 1.3 amiga 500 with GVP 52mb HDD, devpak 3 and if i remember an excellent book that i cant quite remember, something like amiga ref programmers handbook or something similar, it showed me how to call routines in librarys to write a line of text etc and also the hardware points to change screen postion by 8 pixels (smooth scrolling) copper chip and interupt programming as well as programming the blitter to move large amounts of data in binary.

I wasnt that good at ASM as much as i tried i couldnt ever fit music into the floppy boot sector, or draw a 3d object, couldnt get my head around the 9 by 9 by 9 matrix etc in asm

so i know my code is lost but does anyone remember an intro to a text game "The Gru" the graphics was black background with 2 menacing eyes just white on black kinda evil looking.

shot in the dark but it might be out there.

i think the text had my address in it, Kidwelly south wales as an advert to try get more coding work (the days before internet)

thanks for looking