English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 15 January 2013, 13:52   #1
demolition
Unregistered User

Resource - end-of-line comments

I'm trying to learn how to use Resource (and 68k asm along with it). I have v. 6.06 as well as the manual that Stingray is linking to in this thread. I've read through the manual, however I cannot figure out how to add comments (if possible).

It can do its own hex-code comments and it seems like macros can make some but is it not possible to add your own ; end-of-line comments? I do not want to add labels unless it's a jump-destination.
Old 15 January 2013, 14:16   #2
mark_k

In the L (LABELS) menu, the Create single and Edit single items have sub-items for end-of-line and full-line comments.

You could use those menu items each time but it will be quicker to use the key bindings. In the K (KEY BINDINGS) menu select Rebind key. Then select the Create or Edit End-of-line comment menu item. It will show you which key(s) are equivalent to those menu items.

In the PDF on Stingray's site, one of the pages relating to comments (page 4-5) has been scanned wrongly; the left half is blank. You can refer to the ReSourceDemo/docs/Manual.doc file in Fish disk 232 since that's still largely applicable to ReSource 6.06.

Last edited by mark_k; 15 January 2013 at 14:29.
Old 15 January 2013, 14:56   #3
demolition
Unregistered User

Thanks, that sounds simple enough, so I will try that.

I noticed that there was a page missing, but I thought it probably wasn't too important, but I guess it was.

Edit: And I found it. I have no idea why I didn't see it when I was looking through the menus. It was right there in front of me..

Last edited by demolition; 15 January 2013 at 17:59.