English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 10 February 2008, 01:14   #41
BippyM
Global Moderator

The moderators handled the situation at the time in the best way for all. You went off on one and we discussed it in email if you remember!

You was banned originally for your comments about the eab and the members, yet here you are, wanting to be a part of this community!

I'm asking you to apologise for your outbursts and degrading insults of eab and a global moderator, who I am not going to name unless he wants me to do so! If you want to stay a member then get typing!.. I'm not replying again to you so take this seriously!

Good night
Old 10 February 2008, 01:14   #42
viddi

I don´t want to restart all this again and again.

But do you remember "Lost Eden"?
Beside many adverts even the game manual mentions the CD32 (with credits).
Old 10 February 2008, 01:29   #43
mgman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
The moderators handled the situation at the time in the best way for all. You went off on one and we discussed it in email if you remember!

You was banned originally for your comments about the eab and the members, yet here you are, wanting to be a part of this community!

I'm asking you to apologise for your outbursts and degrading insults of eab and a global moderator, who I am not going to name unless he wants me to do so! If you want to stay a member then get typing!.. I'm not replying again to you so take this seriously!

Good night
At the time??? Do you even know which time I'm referring to? Do you? First ban (temporary) some people created a topic directly related to me. I figured, "no point". Next, the second ban (perma) and a new topic is created. This time, it concerns a newly (at that time) announced Contra 4 for the DS. 99% of that topic was completely off-topic and was centered at insulting me. It extended to 2 pages, all with mockery and teases. What does CodyJarrett do for that? "Nothing to see here." Lock-up. Done. Any warning? No. Any punishment? No. What started out as a topic of Contra 4 ended with a "nothing to see here" lock-up, preceded by lament. Stay on-topic; if you can't, don't post. It's as simple as that. But it seems that no matter how far they go, no one cares...

I never said I wanted to be a part of the community. Just becuase I'm a member of this board and I post here does not mean I am or want to be a part of "this community". If that's the case, you have a really different analogy. I call this posting. "Take this seriously"? What the hell do you think I've been doing here? If you don't think I'm taking this seriously, how the hell do you moderate? Clearly, you're just looking for the apology. You're not even trying to be reasonable, here.

Evidently, nothing went overboard so far. But you're making it look as if it has.

Old 10 February 2008, 01:32   #44
mgman1

Also, apologize to everyone now for what I've done? Why are you asking me now? Why couldn't you ask me when I was still hooked in after the btemp?

Old 10 February 2008, 01:42   #45
keropi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgman1 View Post
I never said I wanted to be a part of the community. Just becuase I'm a member of this board and I post here does not mean I am or want to be a part of "this community".

are you serious?
perhaps you need to go post to the board of people who care then...
Old 10 February 2008, 01:51   #46
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

can i offer anyone a snack?

keep it up mgman!

Last edited by Hungry Horace; 10 February 2008 at 01:56.
Old 10 February 2008, 01:58   #47
mgman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by keropi View Post

are you serious?
perhaps you need to go post to the board of people who care then...
Perhaps you should post in many boards, other than this one only. You seem to laugh for a stupid reason. And what are you talking about? "post to the board of people who care then..." Post what? Who care about what? That suggestion is totally irrelavant to what I said.

Next, if you mods want a quick hint as to what off-topic/nonsense/similar crap I'm talking about, how about you turn your attention over to Hungry Horace? What's he done in here: sarcasm, a request to be added to some stupid list and next being an ass. And you must admit, I haven't drawn much attention to his first post because I know he has nothing better to do. But this is getting to the point that you should do something?

Old 10 February 2008, 01:59   #48
Graham Humphrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by viddi View Post
I don´t want to restart all this again and again.

But do you remember "Lost Eden"?
Beside many adverts even the game manual mentions the CD32 (with credits).
Nice try at changing the subject but I doubt it will work
Old 10 February 2008, 02:00   #49
mgman1

@Graham: What do you consider Horace's posts? Non-offensive? Constructive and contributive to the topic?

Old 10 February 2008, 02:03   #50
Graham Humphrey

Well I have no power as far as this is concerned but for what it's worth: I don't consider his posts offensive at all, though technically of course it isn't on-topic in the slightest. But then again this whole thread has gone off on a bit of a tangent.
Old 10 February 2008, 02:06   #51
Magno Boots
Zone Friend

Has anyone actually been offended by mgman1's posts and wants an apology?

I doubt that you will give a public apology. I really don't believe you should. Although your views may seem extreme, I for one have enjoyed reading your posts and wish you the best of luck in finding the game you're after (although you won't find it here).

Regards
Old 10 February 2008, 02:07   #52
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

mgman, if you cant take a bit of a joke, i really dont know why you even come to this board, considering you have contributed nothing except some blurry picture of a game only you believe was ever published, and in spite knowing of the negative reaction you would get posting this 'proof of release'. you're reaction here has been laughable - getting upset and pointing a finger at someone for highlighting that is hardly going to do you any favours now is it?

it's quite clear you're on the way to a banning pretty soon. unsurprising considering your complete disgard for anyone on the board, and a complete unwillingness to respect the wishes of the moderators right here. moderators who you claim never do anything.

i too hope you find the game - prove people wrong etc etc. However, i think hell will freeze over first.
Old 10 February 2008, 02:09   #53
mgman1

Well, you're not me. I'm the guy who'd be offended considering he's making fun of me, not you. And he isn't contributing to the thread. He's just joining in with a few others in here who mock me. The only reason the topic went off-course was because of posts from the users like him, as well as Bippym who's putting a threat upon me if I don't apologize within 24 hours (which is unjustified); as well, he's thickening the situation by not considering what else is happening.

In the end, I'll probably get thrown off while the people who mock me get a good laugh and bite out of it, easily getting away.

Old 10 February 2008, 02:09   #54
viddi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
Nice try at changing the subject but I doubt it will work
I tried my best...
Old 10 February 2008, 02:12   #55
keropi

Quote:
Perhaps you should post in many boards, other than this one only. You seem to laugh for a stupid reason. And what are you talking about? "post to the board of people who care then..." Post what? Who care about what? That suggestion is totally irrelavant to what I said.
no, what you said is stupid. you cannot say that you don't want to be a member here, and post at the same time insisting on some matter.
and based on your thought that you really don't care about being a member of this community (even though you continue to post) I suggested that you should go post in another place that you care and people there care about what you have to say.
I cannot make it more simple, and I cannot bother too. the fact that you post here even though you don't want to be a member here is crazy enough.
perhaps someone is forcing you to post here? pointing a gun at your head?
Old 10 February 2008, 02:16   #56
mgman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Horace View Post
mgman, if you cant take a bit of a joke, i really dont know why you even come to this board, considering you have contributed nothing except some blurry picture of a game only you believe was ever published, and in spite knowing of the negative reaction you would get posting this 'proof of release'. you're reaction here has been laughable - getting upset and pointing a finger at someone for highlighting that is hardly going to do you any favours now is it?

it's quite clear you're on the way to a banning pretty soon. unsurprising considering your complete disgard for anyone on the board, and a complete unwillingness to respect the wishes of the moderators right here. moderators who you claim never do anything.

i too hope you find the game - prove people wrong etc etc. However, i think hell will freeze over first.
Before explaining this, I'll just point out that Magno Boots has a point: Who has been offended? It doesn't seem like anyone's been offended, in fact, the only one offended here is me. That really makes Bippym's demand even more injust.

@Horace: I honestly don't consider mocking or teasing a joke. Give me a fu**ing break regarding the goddamn picture. Have you read my previous posts? It's the best the guy could do with his shitty scanner. If you want to clear the picture up for whatever reason (perhaps it'll make it better proof? I doubt it.), do it yourself. But any guy who's played the known PC Contra/Gryzor games know that the level and game layout is unfamiliar. The mods sure as hell didn't do anything useful about the Contra 4 and MGMAN thread. Plus, you want me to fulfill their wishes? Read my posts and that should make you change your stupid decision. If your boss asked you to kiss his muddy-ass boot and then lick all of it off, you'd do it? I'll keep searching. And whatever you like to call it, hell freezes over.. well let that happen.

I never said I didn't want to be a member; I said I'm not wanting to be a part of this "community".

Old 10 February 2008, 02:16   #57
Graham Humphrey

All I'll say is if you actually get genuinely offended by some posts on a forum then maybe you need to lighten up and stop taking things so seriously.

And anyway, as for Bippy's intervention: rules are rules, if you get a permanent ban then it means exactly that, regardless of how it got to that stage in the first place, and you can't expect to get around it simply by re-registering. Someone else recently had to be banned several times because he kept signing up again.

Just my opinion of course, not that I'm really qualified in such matters. This is my last post on this subject and now I'm off to bed.
Old 10 February 2008, 02:19   #58
mgman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
All I'll say is if you actually get genuinely offended by some posts on a forum then maybe you need to lighten up and stop taking things so seriously.

And anyway, as for Bippy's intervention: rules are rules, if you get a permanent ban then it means exactly that, regardless of how it got to that stage in the first place, and you can't expect to get around it simply by re-registering. Someone else recently had to be banned several times because he kept signing up again.

Just my opinion of course, not that I'm really qualified in such matters. This is my last post on this subject and now I'm off to bed.
Oh, so I should stop taking things so seriously? Lighten up? Go tell Bippy that. He's the one seeking an apology out of me to the whole damn forums. Why? Because I supposedly offended them. Tell them to lighten up.

Old 10 February 2008, 02:20   #59
viddi

Quote:
In the end, I'll probably get thrown off while the people who mock me get a good laugh and bite out of it, easily getting away.
I´m sorry. This is a damn feeling.

Guys, please, we shouldn´t take a rise out of mgman!

Perhaps we should all calm down for a while...
Old 10 February 2008, 02:27   #60
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
you probably will. Maybe you should take time to consider why that is?

it's funny how you can complain about other off-topic posts, yet be writing these yourself? surely if you are that determined to stay unrelentingly on-topic you should just ignore them completely, and mention 'Contra for the Amiga' in every post, rather than make any reference to the off-topic posts at all. perhaps you could even PM a moderator asking nicely for such posts to be split from the topic?

oh wait, the moderators dont do anything thats right....

as for picture, well it's the only 'new' contributon to this topic - so surely the topic is tired now? there's tons of pictures of unreleased games out there, published wrongly and all sorts, but we are really covering old ground here.

Quote:
I honestly don't consider mocking or teasing a joke.
then perhaps you should have a read-around a particular forum before choosing whether or not you want to be part of it. on multiple counts.

Quote:
Read my posts and that should make you change your stupid decision.
i have read your posts, and very quickly they become incredibly aggressive and rude, and frankly not the kind of input i think many members or moderators will want to see on the board.

just my thoughts though, there's nothing i can do about it. I'll leave you be, as viddi suggested. Hopefully you will ponder what has been said here though.