English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 17 April 2006, 23:39   #1
rockersuke

Question Amiga Computing Hisoft Basic and Maxiplan 4 coverdisks

Sorry if this isn't the proper forum for this question, but I couldn't find any place where it could fit OK. Feel free to kick my ass in the right direction to post it if it shouldn't be here at all.

Fact is I'm trying to put some order in my few surviving coverdisks and I'd need to know if anyone here remembers wich issues of Amiga Computing were the Hisoft Basic and Maxiplan 4 coverdisks released with.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Old 18 April 2006, 01:34   #2
whiteb
Fanatically Amiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockersuke
Sorry if this isn't the proper forum for this question, but I couldn't find any place where it could fit OK. Feel free to kick my ass in the right direction to post it if it shouldn't be here at all.

Fact is I'm trying to put some order in my few surviving coverdisks and I'd need to know if anyone here remembers wich issues of Amiga Computing were the Hisoft Basic and Maxiplan 4 coverdisks released with.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Amiga format #17 had Hisoft basic DEMO.
Old 18 April 2006, 02:13   #3
rockersuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteb
Amiga format #17 had Hisoft basic DEMO.
Thank you very much! That's also interesting to know.

But fact was that I got both disks but their labels showed no info about wich issue of the magazine they correspond with, so I didn't know where to put then exactly with the others. Not that it really was important, anyway ^_^'

Now I know. Maxiplan disk icon show clearly it was released with number 58 (march 93). Sorry, I should have looked there before asking. Hisoft Basic one does not add any clue, but its properties say it was created on Nov-30-92, wich is the same date for coverdisk 40 wich went out with issue 57 (feb 93), so it's quite safe to asume that's the right one.

By the way, both are non tosec, so if anyone thinks they are of any interest I'll upload them to the zone. I've recently rescued them with my new A600 and Amiga Explorer along with a fistful of other coverdisks and a couple of games wich luckily hadn't got corrupt after all these years

The Hisoft Basic coverdisk, on another subject, is fully functional, but not complete (compiled programs require the Hisoft library, apart from that it works quite nicely). I'm not sure right now wether the Hisoft programs have an active copyright nowadays or not. Would it be right to ask for them here?
Old 18 April 2006, 04:36   #4
Galaxy

Can confirm Maxiplan is Amiga Computing 58 (Mar 93) and HiSoft BASIC is issue 57 as you have already stated.
Old 18 April 2006, 09:50   #5
whiteb
Fanatically Amiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockersuke

By the way, both are non tosec, so if anyone thinks they are of any interest I'll upload them to the zone. I've recently rescued them with my new A600 and Amiga Explorer along with a fistful of other coverdisks and a couple of games wich luckily hadn't got corrupt after all these years
Do it
Old 19 April 2006, 20:19   #6
rockersuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteb
Do it
Done!
(Thanks to all of you for replyng!)
Old 21 April 2006, 00:08   #7
whiteb
Fanatically Amiga.

Take a guess at what i just found on my HDD..

Hisoft basic. (ADF)

No idea where it has come from... but in the main directory is the editor and compiler.

so as a consequence, I do not have a manual