English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 16 March 2006, 17:52   #101
GuruMeditation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis
There is a new word I learned: "Amiga Resellers".

WHat company makes and sells amiga now days? What reseller is offering amiga as standard product?

Just by checking your web site, and seing the games that are sold without manuals (and BTW, manuals are required to run that game) tells you much about amiga market nowdays. How many real amigas will run in next decade? So market will get smaller, and sooner or later it will end.

Sure, you are holder of the right for software, and it is your right to ask for it to be removed from the FTPs. I do support your decission, but just I can't understand your logic.

I think I remember when you (or someone simillar) were the reson DOpus was removed from AIAB couple of years ago.
Again, I'm not against abandonware. I really don't care if you leech that. The games you mention that are for sale on my site are for collectors mainly, or people that just want to have a smashing nice bookshelf with classic games that is sure to spawn off interesting discussions. But why don't you look at the new software which is actually produced today, such as Audio Evolution or some of the games released this side of 2000? Or the hardware that companies that Individual Computers for instance make?

And as for the comment about AIAB, I urge you to take a look here where Magellan IS included. Granted, it is a demo version. Check out Credits, the Amiga links or what have you. I can tell you I have gotten quite a few of inquiries about buying Magellan for AmiKit, unfortunately at this time that is not possible due to technical problems which will be fixed as soon as humanly possible.

As to my logic, ofcourse I hope that Amigas will never die, but they do. Hopefully OS4 and related hardware will fix that situation in the future, but from your comments I assume you haven't followed the recent developments with new OS releases and so on.
Old 16 March 2006, 17:55   #102
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasM
you dont would understand what i mean...

this games, and some other, are a free gift for the users where read our mag. nothing other
Yes I understand that.. but it is not a gift if they can already get it for free from the developer website, to me it's a kick in the teeth!!

You don't understand..

@Methodgit.. Press the English button on the left
Old 16 March 2006, 17:57   #103
Anubis
Retro Gamer

So should I pay now for downloading DOTC or latter?

@AndreasM - Having right to include game in your news paper is not the same as having all of the rights. But not sure if you're inteligent enough to understand that.

@GuruMeditation - Sorry, but I can't understand logic behind your company. Some people here are putting many hours in products that they are offering back to community, but that's their own will. Thanks for explanation. I use version 4, as I dislike newer version.

On OS4 - you are right, I don't follow it, nor I will. That is not my vision of Amiga.

Thank you for your explanations.
Old 16 March 2006, 18:01   #104
BarrySWE
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym
Created a public account for anyone not being arsed to ask for access or new guys to the forum (<50 posts)

addy: bipsftp.myftp.org
Port: 21
Username: eab
password: eab

Have phun

offline?
Old 16 March 2006, 18:02   #105
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrySWE
offline?
Failed to read last 2 pages?
Old 16 March 2006, 18:09   #106
BarrySWE
Zone Friend

Quote:
Failed to read last 2 pages?

I only readed the first posts ;-)

But I'm happy with gurumeditation, i brought my sound emhancer from him.. and it's great
Old 16 March 2006, 18:10   #107
NOB
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrySWE
offline?
lol
Old 16 March 2006, 18:14   #108
MethodGit

Hmmm, strange. I swear I definitely clicked "English" the last time I went to the site and the subsequent store, only for the list to still be in german! Not sure if it was a cache problem or something....
Old 16 March 2006, 18:22   #109
jrom
Wannabe asm coder ;)

Oh no... not this story all over again... *sigh*
Old 16 March 2006, 18:28   #110
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodGit
Hmmm, strange. I swear I definitely clicked "English" the last time I went to the site and the subsequent store, only for the list to still be in german! Not sure if it was a cache problem or something....
Wich page?

www.apc-tcp.de are complete in german and english
www.amigafuture.de are in german. only a small english article part when you click on the english button. Amiga Future is at this moment a german printmag. dont need a english page
Old 16 March 2006, 18:30   #111
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym
Yes I understand that.. but it is not a gift if they can already get it for free from the developer website, to me it's a kick in the teeth!!

You don't understand..
you forget the users without internet.

and the game is not the only fullversion on the cds.

accept that this is a gift for the mag buyers. nothing other!
Old 16 March 2006, 18:33   #112
AndreasM

Quote:
So should I pay now for downloading DOTC or latter?

@AndreasM - Having right to include game in your news paper is not the same as having all of the rights. But not sure if you're inteligent enough to understand that.
i never write that we have the complete rights from this game! why you think this??? i write only that this game are not freeware. bippym have many of OUR software on his ftp server. that the problem!! not a game what we release on our covercd.
Old 16 March 2006, 18:34   #113
NOB
Zone Friend

@Bippym: maybe you should rename this thread in marketplace.
Old 16 March 2006, 18:36   #114
jrom
Wannabe asm coder ;)

I think what Da Bipstah means is why he isn't allowed to put that game up for download on his FTP. It's also freely available on the Cinemawarez website... does it state anywhere that he needs a licence to distribute that game on his FTP.
Old 16 March 2006, 19:00   #115
NOB
Zone Friend

And i think this thread has changed into an advertising
thread for APC-TPC software.
Old 16 March 2006, 19:06   #116
kas1e

Oh mans .. It is strange .. We really think, that this 'legal' words and polemics help to amiga ? Who will want pay for buggy stuff and hardware over fully working mac/pc with free (of course not legal) software ? I understand developers, i understand all who want money, but i understand users (who i am) too. Amiga - dead. Software - dead. Do not pirace it ? Ok. Smart step. Hope it give someone one or two dollaars.

As i said before , no problem do not ditribute software and games which still in stock.
But for all others ?

2 bippym
i Just currios, you was opening ftp with warez, and think that all said to you thanks ?
and you hope here is no agayn and agayn this sucking problems with dead computer for nostalgi ? Mans, did you think that here is no more ftp warez, or users copy amiga stuff (if still) to friends for money ?? Why need lair to himself and think about money from good,old,dead computer ?
Old 16 March 2006, 19:12   #117
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas1e
Oh mans .. It is strange .. We really think, that this 'legal' words and polemics help to amiga ? Who will want pay for buggy stuff and hardware over fully working mac/pc with free (of course not legal) software ? I understand developers, i understand all who want money, but i understand users (who i am) too. Amiga - dead. Software - dead. Do not pirace it ? Ok. Smart step. Hope it give someone one or two dollaars.
but dont forget the users which like become new software for the amiga.

Quote:
As i said before , no problem do not ditribute software and games which still in stock.
But for all others ?
i think, for not aviable software is this not a problem. is illegal but the only way to become the software.
Old 16 March 2006, 19:18   #118
kas1e

andreas, for new software - of course.
for example i think here is some software which must be no warezed - ibrowse (becouse it is really in develop, have page, bugtrack system, etc). And .. and .. and it's all ? AmigaOS4.0 too, must be no warezed. Somethink more ? I think list of 'must be no piracy becouse in dev' will be very short.
Old 16 March 2006, 19:22   #119
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas1e
andreas, for new software - of course.
for example i think here is some software which must be no warezed - ibrowse (becouse it is really in develop, have page, bugtrack system, etc). And .. and .. and it's all ? AmigaOS4.0 too, must be no warezed. Somethink more ? I think list of 'must be no piracy becouse in dev' will be very short.
yes, but dont forget the old software support new software.
at this moment are many software in development and the coders need the money from the old software.

as example: the complete money what we make with our software used to release new software.
Old 16 March 2006, 19:33   #120
kas1e

Andreas, of course i understand that developers want money, and without money no any software. But also i understand users side. If author of some product do not work on his product now, and still want money from old (and buggy of course) programm, i will not want to pay him, becouse it is not give anythink (for amiga) except some dollars for author (who in any case will not work on amiga, why amiga will no arise or somethink like this (if)). Only for new, really in dev software it can be understand by user side. So. I am as user do very easy result - i check google, readme from archive, etc. If here is no site, words like 'sorry, i do not work for amiga anymore', but with it tons words about 'crime/piracy' - its just smell like .. like somethink
I also can understand if someone will take some amiga programm and port it to some computer for money, or somethink like this - yes. copyrigth,bla,bla. But for users on amiga _for present day_. Where is someone can take words about crime and piracy ?

btw, 10 years ago, i was write a game for old computer zx-spectrum. So, must i now go to the zx-specturm conference, and said : hey ! we all will be in jail ! crime and piracy suck ! give me more this pleasure dollars for my game ! ?