English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 06 June 2018, 21:19   #21
darkwave
Registered User
darkwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Cambridge, UK
Age: 37
Posts: 126
Such good news! There's something very special about this version. Looking forward to getting back into it again. A little tougher to get mates round these days though, have to bribe with babysitters rather than beer.
darkwave is offline  
Old 07 June 2018, 11:50   #22
sokolovic
Registered User

sokolovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Marseille / France
Posts: 160
On a french facebook amiga group, Andy Davidson said :

"It is an update of Worms DC, with options for Worm select (pick up which worm you want to use), sudden death options, and sinking levels. Most of it is working, should be released soon. This was an update I never got round to finishing. Seeing the enthusiasm people still have for the Amiga made me want to give it a feature-complete version."
sokolovic is offline  
Old 07 June 2018, 11:59   #23
clebin
Registered User
clebin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokolovic View Post
On a french facebook amiga group, Andy Davidson said :

"It is an update of Worms DC, with options for Worm select (pick up which worm you want to use), sudden death options, and sinking levels. Most of it is working, should be released soon. This was an update I never got round to finishing. Seeing the enthusiasm people still have for the Amiga made me want to give it a feature-complete version."
That's awesome. Big thanks to Andy.
clebin is offline  
Old 07 June 2018, 14:12   #24
kriz
Junior Member
kriz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: No(R)Way
Age: 36
Posts: 2,439
So cool, cannot wait !!! Team17 truly is a nice company with such strong roots to the past and present.... Rock on Andy !!
kriz is offline  
Old 07 June 2018, 15:26   #25
fryguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hjo, Sweden
Age: 39
Posts: 757
I remember there was talk about an TCP/IP patch back in the days, but that it was cancelled because the game sold bad.
fryguy is offline  
Old 07 June 2018, 20:23   #26
squirminator2k
Dream17 / PortsCenter guy
squirminator2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Age: 32
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by fryguy View Post
I remember there was talk about an TCP/IP patch back in the days, but that it was cancelled because the game sold bad.
I don't know that this ever got off the ground, but poor sales would likely have killed it - the game only solds about 5,000 copies.
squirminator2k is offline  
Old 07 June 2018, 20:44   #27
squirminator2k
Dream17 / PortsCenter guy
squirminator2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Age: 32
Posts: 225
If anyone is interested, I've been updating the WormsDC patch entry on Worms2d.info with publicly available information about this update. I won't be posting anything he's shared with me in confidence, but that page is now a good place to stay up-to-date.
squirminator2k is offline  
Old 08 June 2018, 05:31   #28
sean_skroht
Gimmemore Commodore

 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by fryguy View Post
I remember there was talk about an TCP/IP patch back in the days, but that it was cancelled because the game sold bad.

In regards to this, does anyone know if there is a possibility this could happen or could at least mention something to Andy? Would love to be able to remotely connect my A1200 to my mates for multiplayer, since we both have PCMCIA network adapters. We even have WiModems so we could do "dial-up" if it was ever a thing in this game.

Up until now we have been using the netplay feature in FS-UAE but would rather use the real thing over emulation any day.
sean_skroht is offline  
Old 08 June 2018, 07:04   #29
squirminator2k
Dream17 / PortsCenter guy
squirminator2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Age: 32
Posts: 225
I don't know own that it'd make it into this update, but I'll float it. I've wanted to play WormsDC online for ages.
squirminator2k is offline  
Old 08 June 2018, 08:23   #30
fryguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hjo, Sweden
Age: 39
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_skroht View Post
In regards to this, does anyone know if there is a possibility this could happen or could at least mention something to Andy? Would love to be able to remotely connect my A1200 to my mates for multiplayer, since we both have PCMCIA network adapters. We even have WiModems so we could do "dial-up" if it was ever a thing in this game.

Up until now we have been using the netplay feature in FS-UAE but would rather use the real thing over emulation any day.

I would really like that too, but as the game isn't system friendly afaik it will probably be hard.
fryguy is offline  
Old 08 June 2018, 21:54   #31
Anachronist
Registered User

 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 54
Great news! It looks like I'll be dusting off my DC
Anachronist is offline  
Old 09 June 2018, 12:40   #32
Daedalus
Registered User

Daedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dublin, then Glasgow
Posts: 3,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by fryguy View Post
I would really like that too, but as the game isn't system friendly afaik it will probably be hard.
Yeah, TCP stacks get suspended when Worms is running - the techniques used simply aren't possible to do in a system-friendly way without a complete rewrite.
Daedalus is online now  
Old 10 June 2018, 19:02   #33
kolla
Registered User
kolla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Posts: 1,447
Worms DC, Final Edition, Update 1... hehe
kolla is offline  
Old 11 June 2018, 21:09   #34
th4t1guy
Registered User
th4t1guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO, USA
Posts: 594
Back in the 90s, he created a lot of "unofficial" fixes (I believe the CDDA was one of them) and sent out a few over IRC. Unfortunately, all the media I stored these on are long gone!
th4t1guy is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bought Worms CD32 and got Director's Cut fondpondforever Retrogaming General Discussion 7 09 February 2015 15:11
Worms: Director's Cut map mania Shoonay Nostalgia & memories 0 08 August 2011 11:55
Worms The Director's Cut 1.05 Update Disk daxb request.Old Rare Games 6 20 June 2010 13:37
Worms - The Director's Cut error kkgarbod support.WinUAE 10 13 May 2010 06:28
Worms: The Director's Cut crashes on basic A1200 Jonathan Drain support.Games 13 03 February 2010 00:44

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.11571 seconds with 13 queries