English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 13 May 2005, 00:03   #1
tone

Question old siamese setup +games!(long post)

Hi all...
First posting, please be gentle? I have in my loft an old siamese system, that I had built approx 6-7 years ago, it was playing up quite a bit in the end and I decided to "store it" rather than bin it. Forgive me as I can not remember the full spec, until I dust it off and take a real good look, all I can remember is that it was a 200mmx pc side, + an amiga 1200, 3 internal hd's (one amiga, one pc, and a sharedrive also) with scsi adapter(s) switcher card etc, and i think the monitor had to be fitted with a multi sync device. It has possibly got a cd rom in it but I think I upgraded to a writer, there are also a couple of extra floppy drives, Anyway its time I stopped hoarding and would like to see if there are any people that are genuinely interested in it, I am not after loads of dosh I really would like to know if someone could make use of it and perhaps get it running who does not live too far from me and would like to try it?
I do have loads of software that came with the "build", It did cost me a fortune to build as the guy that built it would hardly copy anything!
I also have so many games! far too many to ever list, I think there are possibly over 1,000 blue discs in the drawers up in the attic + some zipped and dms'd files on some cds somewhere...... 100's of those files aswell

Its a real shame to let them just deterioate up there..please post replies.... thanx for reading

Last edited by tone; 13 May 2005 at 00:25.

Old 13 May 2005, 09:43   #2
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I would definately be interested. Whereabouts in the SW of england are you? I am based in Plymouth, but I commute to Oxford twice a week.
Old 13 May 2005, 12:42   #3
EmuChicken

Woah! I'm interested in actually knowing how this system works.... cant you work out the A1200 spec ;-)

Actually if you have an internal A1200 floppy drive I'd be really interested m8 :-) Mine screwed up 2 months back when I "tried" a dodgy looking Speedball 1 game (was an original aswell!!!)
Old 13 May 2005, 23:26   #4
tone

Post Will find the spec sheet

Hi back again, I will go up into loft at weekend and try to sort the paper work out, the 1200 is mounted sideways on in a high tower on one side allowing access to all connections and the pc board is mounted on the other side, its been a long time since I have been on it, and I can remember some things about it, I suppose it looks like an ordinary pc tower, with two floppy drives and the cd rom/writer. One of the floppy drives was a amiga replacement and the other was for hd pc disks. It used to have 2 keyboards connected, again one for the amiga and one for the pc, until a conflict was rectified and it then used just one keyboard. The amiga workbench would fire up in the back ground and the pc would cut in and then you could "switch" between amiga and win95 by either clicking on an icon at the bottom of the screen or by using two keys as a short cut. There was what I thought as, a rather special mode where I could select a screen with the amiga icons to appear on the win95 screen. I could access the amiga hard drive (not very big by todays standards) via the amiga side, access the pc hard drive via the pc, and access the "share" hard drive from both sides.
I seem to remember it had a squirrel interface, and therefore the cd rom/writer was scsi, I had an external modem as it was completely packed out in the tower! I am sure also the amiga had an accelerator in it, but again by todays standards it would be slow.
I used to do virtually everything via directory opus as I recall...... those were the days.. I will try and get the spec sheet that the guy who built it left me

I am approx 10 miles from Bath

Last edited by tone; 14 May 2005 at 01:18.

Old 14 May 2005, 14:01   #5
EmuChicken

Woah, I wouldnt mind having a look at it to be honest, .... I'm down in gloucester next week sometime ... I think.... how much cash you actually looking to sell it for (region?)