English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 05 December 2010, 18:36   #1
MethodGit

Pipe Dream (original)

Nobody happen to have an original of the U.S. edition of Pipe Mania known as Pipe Dream? Seems like the Trilogy 1-file is the only version of it on the net.

Ta!
Old 05 December 2010, 19:50   #2
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

I do, but why do you want all these specific original versions of games? Are you hoping to crack it? If so, you should finish some of the other multitude of requests you have made before asking for additional ones! You are flooding the board with original requests!
Old 05 December 2010, 19:56   #3
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
You are flooding the board with original requests!
Tend to agree. You could at least bundle your requests and not start a new thread for each of them MethodGit.
Old 16 December 2010, 22:17   #4
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Yes, I too agree that bundling the requests would be better.

HOWEVER...

In general, I can only give my full support to these requests of originals, because some were indeed horribly "cracked" (e. g. Chronicles of Omega was a lousy AR freeze) until someone with the cracking skills of Codetapper, Galahad or our two French guys came along and did a damn good version of this; or OTOH, the rest merely consisted of stuff fixed in a provisorical fashion.

Another perfect example of the latter is Arkanoid (PAL). I can confirm that from about 1996 until many years later, the only non-SPS version available was the NTSC version (some of them of which were PAL fixed, but it can never hold a candle to a TRUE PAL version that did not show up until eons later!!)

"PAL fixed" = it will run on PAL, period. Cool.
BUT whether the PAL resolution is used in full with these fixes, is a completely different story!
Face it: most of these PAL-fixed versions will still leave you ugly black vertical borders on top and bottom. Yes, on your real 1084 PAL monitors, too! Though the games may work fine on PAL now, they'll still look as if they were NTSC.

In a nutshell, these sorts of requests are far from pointless as they may unearth some more gems (though no longer huge amounts of them)

Last edited by andreas; 16 December 2010 at 22:34.