English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 25 February 2020, 21:08   #1
LeCoq

Understanding WBStartup

Excuse my ignorance, but I have some trouble figuring out how the WBStartup drawer is supposed to work.

I moved 'ClickToFront' to the drawer and it works just fine. When I tried the same with 'NoClick' or 'MagicMenu', I had no success. As in, they don't do anything, when I boot up. But when I double click the icons, they do what they are supposed to do. I know this is kind of a basic thing, but please help me understand, how to make things happen correctly on Workbench boot.

I have 'MagicMenu' in WBStartup like this.

I double click 'MagicMenu'..

And it works, but not on startup.

Old 25 February 2020, 23:49   #2
Samurai_Crow
Total Chaos forever!

You need to have icons for each file in WBstartup so Workbench can parse the tooltypes for the DONOTWAIT cookie.
Old 26 February 2020, 19:22   #3
LeCoq

Could you please explain a bit more, 'cause I don't get it. I read the MagicMenu guide, and it told me to put the MagicMenu file in WBStartup and MagicMenuPrefs in the Prefs drawer. I see it's not possible to edit tool types of the MagicMenu file, since the option in it, is missing altogether. Please understand, that I'm a complete n00b when it comes to Workbench.
Old 26 February 2020, 20:04   #4
Samurai_Crow
Total Chaos forever!

There's supposed to be a MagicMenu.info file that holds the tooltypes and the normal icon image. Go into the icon editor from the tools drawer on workbench, load the icon image from one of your other commodity files in your WBstartup directory and then save it as MagicMenu.info so the tooltypes option becomes available. Make sure there is a line in the tooltypes that reads: "DONOTWAIT" without the quotes. Then it should work.
Old 26 February 2020, 21:30   #5
Solo Kazuki

I'm almost sure that MagicMenu.info file is from where he copied executable file.

@LeCoq
Amiga files very often have *.info files. When You copy from Workbench, *.info file is also copied. If available, always copy program file with *.info file. As Samurai Crow wrote these files are not only icon images (as *.ico in Windows) but also have additional informations and parameters.
Old 29 February 2020, 11:22   #6
LeCoq

For some reason, there was no MagicMenu.info file in the MagicMenu drawer, after I unarchived the .lha file. Anyhow, I was able to make one with Samurai_Crow's instructions and now it's working. Thanks to both of you for helping, I learned something new from this.
Old 29 February 2020, 11:55   #7
daxb

Maybe you have only installed this archive?: http://aminet.net/package/util/wb/MagicMenu_2.35
Quote:
This archive is an update for MagiMenu 2.30 - install that one first then
use the files from this archive to update your installation.
So you would need to install V2.30 first. This includes all the icons: http://aminet.net/package/util/wb/MagicMenu_II
Old 29 February 2020, 18:53   #8
LeCoq

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxb View Post
Maybe you have only installed this archive?: http://aminet.net/package/util/wb/MagicMenu_2.35

So you would need to install V2.30 first. This includes all the icons: http://aminet.net/package/util/wb/MagicMenu_II

Yes, that was it! How dumb of me.. Should always read the instructions thoroughly.