English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 21 January 2020, 21:52   #1
Fiery Phoenix

USB Joystick Help - Connect Wires for Fire Buttons

Hope you guys can help

Tried fixing an old Competition Pro USB joystick where all the wires were detached

I have managed to get all the directions working by re-attaching wires and soldering them on. All good so far.

My problem is with the fire buttons (pic 1) I cannot figure out what wire goes where.

I have 4 x wires coming out of the little circuit board where the auto-fire switch is (pic 2) orange, red, black and green - some of these may relate to the auto -fire which I am not bothered about. Nor am I bothered about the small triangular fire buttons working - I just want the 2 x main circular ones to work

I have some black wires that were from somewhere. I am guessing they attach to the 4 x little metal prongs (bottom of pic 3) the triangular fire button switches are under here - but just need a guide here as I cannot get the main (or any) fire buttons to work (they used to) so I am confident it is due to the wiring

YouTube guides relate to the old retro versions, not the USB ones

I have taken some pics

https://imgur.com/a/81rLTQj