English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 27 November 2005, 20:08   #21
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Ah very cool game is kots, completed long ago. Much nicer to play on the a1200 then the a600 i had originaly. Found it more fun to challenge and kill the aces as soon as possible and then just sail through the main missions and eventually become the no1 ace of aces

I dont remember having any issues with the game on uae running through whdload. I own the original so know nothing about trainer issues. Removing the passcode was simply a matter of changing a single byte in the exe so would be suprising if any crack group really did damage there release.

Bare in mind that youll notice if any disk images shared is truly original and untouched if the game makes you back up the game to disks and play from the backups . Microprose did that with a few of there games.
Old 27 November 2005, 20:38   #22
Achernar

Yer...but im the number 1 of aces now. I have like 70 more kills than any other ace and the red baron hasn't even shown up yet.....it sucks.

The game makes me backup at the start. I've downloaded a few different copies to try.

Do you get attacked non-stop from start to end of mission?

I don't stop fighting till I run out of Ammo...cause basically there are always enemy. Almost always 3 at once. As soon as a kill one, another comes flying in head on. At one point where I killed one, then did a 90 degree turn...and I would be facing the new planw head it on to take him out. I had 30 kills in one mission...I really dont remember the game being like this.

Any chance some of you guys could load it up and play a little...see if you get the same experience?

Old 27 November 2005, 22:21   #23
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

the game does get more bitchy as ya progress through the game, the fact that they do little more then up rating is a blessing id say sometimes there is a long wait untill the big dogfight. the aces dont always show up.
Old 28 November 2005, 18:38   #24
Achernar

Yer, I changed to another copy as you suggested. I found a uncracked copy. Works better (although im not getting near as many kills now). Installed on my harddrive and then removed the copy protection with deksid.

I also applied the update to v4 of Kots. I believe it makes the use of Ammo more realistic. There are also more allied craft who seem to fly with you. Not sure if thats what was ment by friendly patrol.

The same copy protection method can be used but its in a different location in the file. The protection is reinstated with the update.

I used fixdisk to scan for any errors and found a deleted file on disk two called ORIG. Its a text file with a hello message which claims to be from the "knights of the sky team". Would be interested to know if this is on the orginal disk two?

Old 29 November 2005, 00:04   #25
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Its on my Original Disk2 (Kixx XL Edition). It wasnt a deleted file though, just there to see.
-----------------------------------

Barpy, Barpy, Barpy !

Hello Mum & Friends,

Love and kisses,

The Knights of the Sky team. XXXXXX

P.S. Special thanks to : M.C. TAPEWORM!!!!!!!!

----------------------------------------

Also what is the v4 update ?, ive never seen it
Old 01 December 2005, 15:08   #26
Achernar

theres info on the v4 patch here
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=10338

you can download the lzh file containing the patch here
http://www.filesearching.com/cgi-bin...s/knightsofsky

Old 01 December 2005, 21:56   #27
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

The file archive link doesnt appear to work, is there any way you can put it into the zone ? I can then see about adding it to the whd slave so that the new patched exe doesnt need cracking, if its not supported already. If you know the new password crack address, that will be of help too.