English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 04 August 2019, 22:55   #1
XsamX1987

Damaged Case screw holes Repair (HELP)

Hello everybody

So I can't be the only person with this problem so my 1200 case I'm guessing someone before me must have put incorrect screws in and it has damaged the screw holes

I will include pictures, the only thing I can fill them with epoxy and then with a pillar drill, Drill with a small Drill piece, But as I don't want to screw it up does anyone have a better idea?

Last edited by XsamX1987; 12 October 2019 at 20:07.
Old 05 August 2019, 04:02   #2
Jeff_Birt

Quote:
Originally Posted by XsamX1987 View Post
Hello everybody

So I can't be the only person with this problem so my 1200 case I'm guessing someone before me must have put incorrect screws in and it has damaged the screw holes

I will include pictures, the only thing I can fill them with epoxy and then with a pillar drill, Drill with a small Drill piece, But as I don't want to screw it up does anyone have a better idea?
I designed a repair kit for C64s to fix common case issues like this. The basic idea is a machined sleeve that fits over the post. take a look at: https://www.soigeneris.com/commodore...ver-repair-kit for pictures. I don't have a 1200 or I would see about making a kit for it but maybe the pictures will give you some ideas.
Old 05 August 2019, 21:55   #3
XsamX1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Birt View Post
I designed a repair kit for C64s to fix common case issues like this. The basic idea is a machined sleeve that fits over the post. take a look at: https://www.soigeneris.com/commodore...ver-repair-kit for pictures. I don't have a 1200 or I would see about making a kit for it but maybe the pictures will give you some ideas.
That is lovely work, yes if u decide to make this product for 1200 I will be your first customer
Old 06 August 2019, 03:44   #4
Jeff_Birt

That would require me buying a 1200. Oh the things I will do
Old 06 August 2019, 07:01   #5
rbm

You can fix it easily.

Take some acetone pure 99% and some ABS plastic of similar color (any plastic part from an old computer case will be fine).

Dilute small plastic pieces in acetone until you get a thick glue. The snaller you cut the pieces, the sooner you will have the glue ready for use.

Put some glue in the crack and close carefully the pillar with a pliers. Let it to dry until the glue gets hard and then you can remove the excess of glue with a sand.paper

If you need to fix the bolt hole threads you can fill the hole with ABS glue and drill again according the screw diameter. The bit should be the screw diameter minus 0.5 mm.

PD. Do not use those perfumed and diluted acetones for nail polish remover !
Old 07 August 2019, 03:48   #6
XsamX1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Birt View Post
That would require me buying a 1200. Oh the things I will do
U will love the 1200 ?
Old 07 August 2019, 03:49   #7
XsamX1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbm View Post
You can fix it easily.

Take some acetone pure 99% and some ABS plastic of similar color (any plastic part from an old computer case will be fine).

Dilute small plastic pieces in acetone until you get a thick glue. The snaller you cut the pieces, the sooner you will have the glue ready for use.

Put some glue in the crack and close carefully the pillar with a pliers. Let it to dry until the glue gets hard and then you can remove the excess of glue with a sand.paper

If you need to fix the bolt hole threads you can fill the hole with ABS glue and drill again according the screw diameter. The bit should be the screw diameter minus 0.5 mm.

PD. Do not use those perfumed and diluted acetones for nail polish remover !
Thanks ? will keep u updated