English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 24 August 2018, 12:01   #321
Nibbler
namm namm AMIGA

I guess a Vampire is neat . ( i had cybergraphx & 060 too back in the day ) but still, a classic AMIGA experience is imho Paula & her sisters (dont hit me )

The vampire reminds me somewhat of a Super8 for the SNES

[ Show youtube player ]
(skip to 12:46 - timestamp wont work) (just kidding, dont get mad at me)

A FPGA Mist Setup is also a opption if you want to do some absolute crazy things beyond gaming , guess thats why a standalone Vampire is comming

Anyway, maybe i am just old fashion BUT more AMIGA peripherals are always welcome, so thanks Team Apollo !
Old 24 August 2018, 20:55   #322
Mr.Flibble

Yep, it's also addictive, I'm now up to 7 functional Amigas now, including my two original machines from my childhood

Two A500's - one with a Vampire, one with a TF530, three A1200's, and two A4000's, all with different hardware - The Vampire is just one option from many, but I'm glad it's one I have.

If I want to emulate I have a great PC for that, or I can use a Raspberry Pi if I want an embeddable solution (Bar-Top arcade machine for example).

It's really annoying when people try to invalidate the hard work of others. More choice is better for everyone, and just because something isn't to your personal preference, doesn't make it wrong or stupid.

For any Critical Role fans here - "Your fun is WRONG!"
Old 24 August 2018, 23:42   #323
SvladJelly

If anyone has an old working Blizzard 1260 they'd like to donate...

I have an old DeluxePaint / Brilliance animation I started in the 90's I'd like to someday finish. Sold my 1260 ages ago, and I could kick myself ever since. :-(

I've waited years and years for the Vampire 1200 to materialize, but I think it may never happen.
Old 25 August 2018, 05:26   #324
demolition
Unregistered User

They are still working on it so they haven't dismissed the V1200 yet. But don't expect it to be just around the corner.

You could fire up WinUAE if you want to continue your Brilliance work. I know it is not the same as a real Amiga but better than nothing.
Old 25 August 2018, 14:56   #325
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Is there any sign that the V4 is coming?
It's been almost a year since the announcement now.
Old 25 August 2018, 15:01   #326
Marlon_
AmigaDev.com

Apollo Team announces the Vampire V4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steril707 View Post
Is there any sign that the V4 is coming?
It's been almost a year since the announcement now.

There has been some videos showing it working. They’re working out some kinks before they start selling it. I think that the biggest hurdle has been different types of memory and different FPGA.
Old 25 August 2018, 15:48   #327
Signman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon_ View Post
There has been some videos showing it working. They’re working out some kinks before they start selling it. I think that the biggest hurdle has been different types of memory and different FPGA.
I also think that Gold 3 has to be finished as the stand-alone is dependent on it.
Old 25 August 2018, 15:49   #328
Marlon_
AmigaDev.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signman View Post
I also think that Gold 3 has to be finished as the stand-alone is dependent on it.
They can still sell the A500 version before Gold 3.
Old 25 August 2018, 17:29   #329
sean_sk
Gimmemore Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Flibble View Post
It's really annoying when people try to invalidate the hard work of others. More choice is better for everyone, and just because something isn't to your personal preference, doesn't make it wrong or stupid.
I agree.
In my mind “Amiga” is no longer about the hardware specifically made by Commodore. It’s more about a concept in computing as a result of the legacy left behind by Commodore. Now, more than ever before, this concept in computing has spawned various hardware (and emulators) providing greater choice. It’s a bit like how MSDOS/Windows computing has moved on from being exclusively tied to IBM made PC’s.
Old 26 August 2018, 00:56   #330
kolla
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Flibble View Post
I suggest you tell the "Apollo Team" that. The major reason why I left the IRC was because of what alpha-nerd Gunnar and his minion geeks were saying about others and the work of others. Ironically, they are doing now exactly what they used to criticise others for doing - announcing without having a ready product, being slow on delivery, and being pricy for whatever reasons.

Then we have the "promises" and "buying for what is".

https://web.archive.org/web/20151127...gup/index2.htm

Notice the words "full", "FPU" and "now". And 16bit audio, for that matter.
Old 26 August 2018, 11:45   #331
Lord Aga
MI clan prevails

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolla View Post
The major reason why I left the IRC was because of what alpha-nerd Gunnar and his minion geeks were saying about others and the work of others.
Are you sure?
Because here you say they have offended you, and that's the reason you'll keep going after them.

https://ibb.co/jiDfdU

Notice the admission of personal vendetta, and what some might call forum stalking and harassment. Which is usually forbidden on most boards.
Old 26 August 2018, 16:50   #332
kolla
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Aga View Post
Are you sure?
Because here you say they have offended you, and that's the reason you'll keep going after them.

https://ibb.co/jiDfdU
Which part of "me *and others*" do you not comprehend?

As for stalking and harassment, there are quite a few people you can ask about actions from so called "team members" in that regard.
Old 26 August 2018, 17:07   #333
Ian
Global Moderator

Thread closed.

Kolla, I have told you before to keep whatever your problem is to those it concerns. No one else really cares.

Next thread I have to close I am going to start dishing out time outs.

I suggest to all involved in these petty arguments to have a good think before you post on this topic again.