English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 06 January 2017, 13:15   #1
snarfo

Custom mapping multiple controllers

Hi all,

FS-UAE detects and works with my controllers just fine--- however, I'm trying to map the game exit function to f10 and assign it to the right thumbstick button on my XBox One Elite pad and it's making me crazy. FS-UAE detects my controller as 'xinput controller #2' since I have a few other controllers hooked up to this htpc as well. I can go into the advanced controller setup and enter the string to enable this on the first 'xinput controller' (which works), but for the life of me I can't get the syntax to use controller #2 for the special mapping string:

xinput_controller_2_button_9 = action_key_f10

I've tried using #2 instead of just 2, with and without the underscore, etc., but I just can't get it to work on this second stick. Little help, anyone?

Old 06 January 2017, 18:54   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Hi, it does indeed look like a bug. Works with "regular" gamepad devices but not with xinput controllers. Will look into it: https://github.com/FrodeSolheim/fs-uae/issues/140

In the mean, you can do a workaround, which is also actually much better

Code:
joystick_0_rstick_button = action_key_f10
joystick_1_rstick_button = action_key_f10
joystick_2_rstick_button = action_key_f10
joystick_3_rstick_button = action_key_f10
The advantage is that this will work with any recognized game pad, since the actual button number is omitted from the config. With these lines, it will work with up to 4 connected gamepads. You can add more lines if you think you'll have more connected devices at once ;-)

(PS: For other readers, the OP probably uses WHDLoad and F10 as a quit key there. If he wanted to quit FS-UAE directly, he'd use action_quit)

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 06 January 2017 at 19:08.
Old 06 January 2017, 19:36   #3
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Tested again and it actually works just fine with two controllers and:
Code:
xinput_controller_button_9 = action_quit
xinput_controller_2_button_9 = action_quit
Old 06 January 2017, 20:05   #4
snarfo

Hm, thanks for the replies. I'll give it a try when I get home. ---and you are correct, I'm using WHDLoad and wanted that stick button press to be a global "polite" way to exit games, per Zombeaver's excellent tutorial on getting everything working in Launchbox (my front end of choice):

http://forums.launchbox-app.com/topi...x-integration/

Old 06 January 2017, 21:09   #5
snarfo

Just a bit of clarification--- it will work with up to 4 controllers (as your list of 0-3 shows)? My xinput 2 controller is my XBox Elite gamepad and it's actually enumerated as device 9 in my usb controller chain. This is my HTPC/emulation machine so it has a 4-tap Gamecube adapter, 2-port N64 controller adapter, Wii bar, two XBox One controllers, a Hori Fighting Commander 4 controller (for consoles that need 6 buttons), an Ultimate PC Adapter for Colecovision and Intellivision controllers, and a Tankstick for arcade/MAME emulation. Some would call this overkill, but I just find it efficient :-)

I've already run into an issue with another emulator (jzintv) that only enumerates the first 4 devices to use. Since my Ultimate PC Adapter is higher than 4 I ended up having to run my Intellivision games in MAME which allows me to use all my devices. Hopefully FS-UAE will let me use higher-numbered devices.

Incidentally, thank you for such a great app. I occasionally dusted off WinUAE but it was too much work to deal with on a regular basis.

Old 06 January 2017, 21:38   #6
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Yes, I just used 4 devices as an example.. you can go on up to...
Code:
joystick_7_rstick_button = action_key_f10
or further

(FS-UAE supports up to 64 connected devices, including keyboard, mice, etc)
Old 18 January 2017, 09:13   #7
dax

And how to do custom mapping on X1 pads for CD32 games?
Asking because "color" buttons are different on CD32 pad than "color" buttons (A/B/X/Y) on X1 default mappings