English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 03 October 2004, 23:46   #1
MSC
Zone Friend

Dopus & LZX

Whilst using the P96 version of Classic WB,(WINUAE) i have noticed that dopus will not deal with LZX files when using the "arc ext" button, yet If i double click the file, it opens and the contents of the file are displayed. Is this by design? LHA works fine, but not LZX.

Configuring Dopus is new to me as i have never really used it. I have always used the excellent Diskmaster 2. It did everything i needed and more.

Mark
Old 04 October 2004, 01:09   #2
Bloodwych

The answer is in the docs and is a great feature of dopus 416 once the fantastic XAD/XFD libs are installed:

Quote:
Two convenient methods exist for handling archives: Double click support of the actual files in Workbench windows using Voodoo-X and direct browsing of archives in Dopus which treats them just like a directory! Both use XAD and XFD libraries to support decompression of a huge range of formats - including disk archives such as DMS and ADF.
Just double click the archive in dopus and “copy” the contents where you want. No need for extract archive buttons. Alternatively double click the file in a workbench window and VoodooX will deal with it, or drag it over to the voodoox icon or open an archive program first and load it up. Loads of options!

Of course this isn't as useful if you want to decompress a large number of archives with a couple of clicks.

Problem is many of the Dopus buttons are just part of the standard configuration using internal commands – very basic stuff. I haven't got around to configuring Dopus yet as it can be a long task.

In the next versions I’ll make the edit button open janoeditor and filex, alter “icon info” so it works with newicons and add a command to list all current devices.

I'll also add buttons that allow a large number of archives to be decompressed one after another and define all the main "filetypes" to be linked to "user" commands (like "Ext Archive" button) so it will work as you expect.

Apart from that, I don’t intend to do much else with the configuration. Perhaps add buttons to directly compress in certain formats and call some more programs, but really dopus should be customized by the user as that's its main power.

All the main programs are waiting to be called for in the C directory, just need various dopus buttons adding. I tend to use shell for multiple files which is why it's been overlooked, but I will beef up Dopus in the future.

Feel free to install diskmaster BTW - remember, the ClassicWB is meant to be a base install to get you started but needs those personal touches added by you. Everyone will have favourite programs; a workbench can be very subjective.

Last edited by Bloodwych; 04 October 2004 at 01:57.
Old 04 October 2004, 02:35   #3
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

The basic problem in this case is the LZX Filetype class hasn't been setup correctly. Without actually having seen the setup I would guess that User1 (extract archive) and User2 (test archive) have not been setup thus making the buttons "Arc Ext" and "Arc Test" not work on LZX archives. You basically just need to copy the click-m-click and double click options over the User1 and User2 entries to fix it.
Old 04 October 2004, 11:41   #4
Bloodwych

Actually Codetapper, dopus hasn't yet been setup at all. Archives are handled with XAD/XFD. It's just the default install of 416 which I've just discovered doesn't even have LZX -x x {f} defined in the filetypes or a even a .CLA file in the s directory!

Thanks for alerting me to this MSC.

I'll set it up correctly for the next release but don't have time to address this at the moment.

As a quick fix a “borrowed” config file exists below including the missing .CLA file, but I haven’t had chance to verify it works 100%. Just extract it into the “Programs” directory and the file in “copy2_C.zip” into the “C” directory.

Hope this helps for now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Config.zip (26.0 KB, 381 views)
File Type: zip Copy2_C.zip (1.4 KB, 316 views)

Last edited by Bloodwych; 04 October 2004 at 13:08.
Old 04 October 2004, 13:30   #5
MSC
Zone Friend

Thanks Bloodwych. I will try the configs when i get home.

Your excellent setups have alowed to me to breeze into emulation on the PC. Although i spent ages setting up diskmaster on my real A1200, one of its main drawbacks is that it requires a new screen to run. You get used to this on a TV, but with a picasso WB it seems pointless when Dopus opens right up front. I will now "play" with Dopus and see what it can do.

Looking forward to the update already.

Mark
Old 04 October 2004, 14:30   #6
Bloodwych

Glad they've been useful. As you know with diskmaster, these progs can be time consuming to setup to perfection.

Might be an idea to backup the current "DirOpus4/S" files before replacing them with the new ones. I have a feeling the new ones will fix the "Arc Ext" button but break XAD/XFD double click support. This can be re-enabled easily by reading the docs however. As I said, it's a borrowed config (from AIAB) so not very compatible.

The next update will be dopus bliss. At the moment it's fine for handling single archives with XAD/XFD, just lacks the ability to select say 50 at once then decompress with one click.
Old 06 October 2004, 17:57   #7
Bloodwych

The new config (see below) for the next ClasicWB - WIP (but 90% finished).

I didn't want to customise it too much, but the default setup now has real power. As well as being able to make normal archives, I've added a batch option so you can do things like compress several files in individual separate archives with a couple of clicks. Useful for doing things like mass-converting adf files to zip archives.

The "arc ext" button now works for all archives listed (including DMS/ADF) and will batch decompress, a feature not possible using the dopus double-click XAD/XFD library support. You can still double click archives however, treating them like directories in dopus to search through and copy to extract.

Clearram has been added; device listing; better reading and direct program support for edit/hex functions. Also a testing button again for all the archive formats shown.

That should be a nice default starting point for anyone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My_Dopus.png
Views:	756
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	7526  

Last edited by Bloodwych; 12 October 2004 at 14:57.