English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 29 October 2007, 15:02   #1
mailman
Zone Friend

Leander - secret rooms?

Are there any secret rooms/locations in Leander? In the cave in Level 1.2, just at the beginning when you jump over the gap, I found some platforms underneath although never bother to get on them. Did anyone get down there to see what's there?

Level 1.4 in the cave. When going for the spider's egg you reach the platforms with two spikes (one above the other). Up from them there is a chest which you can not reach? Is it possible to get there?
Old 29 October 2007, 16:45   #2
ppill
CON: artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
Are there any secret rooms/locations in Leander?
There are a few of those.

Quote:
In the cave in Level 1.2, just at the beginning when you jump over the gap, I found some platforms underneath although never bother to get on them. Did anyone get down there to see what's there?
You mean the gap over the waterfall? Nothing, just spikes:

Quote:
Level 1.4 in the cave. When going for the spider's egg you reach the platforms with two spikes (one above the other). Up from them there is a chest which you can not reach? Is it possible to get there?
Yes. You need to go all the way up. Kill the spider and fall through the small gap turning right to avoid spikes. Walk off the the ledge. You'll land safely. Walk of this one as well turning right (spikes again). Jump off. The chest with an extra life is on the left.

On the level with the three Zeppelins you can fall through the fist gap in the bridge turning left to land on a ledge with a chest containing 1000 coins

The shots are taken from HOL. There're some game maps there.
Old 29 October 2007, 16:58   #3
Graham Humphrey

Cheers for those, will come in very handy.
Old 29 October 2007, 17:02   #4
mailman
Zone Friend

Thanks ppil. I haven't checked maps on HOL but I have now

A chest which I was asking is useless for me. Another extra life which gives me nothing (check the extra lives thing I mentioned in Leander competition thread)

Interesting might be the one with zeppelins. 1000 coins is a nice gift Especially in our competition.
Old 03 November 2007, 19:17   #5
mailman
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppill View Post
On the level with the three Zeppelins you can fall through the fist gap in the bridge turning left to land on a ledge with a chest containing 1000 coins
There are no coins in that chest. Just a potion with arrows. Anyone knows what are those potions for? As far as I figure out they are counted as a bonus after completing the stage.

1. You get bonus for every thousand of coins
2. You get bonus for each level of shield
3. You get bonus for each shoot something
4. You get bonus for rune bombs left.

In the second world sometimes you may spot pink foes (big flies, snakes on branches). Snakes when killed leave a potion, big fly - the crystal worth 500 coins which turns out into the potion after several seconds. That potion is different than any other. It has a flaming skull inside. When you take it, the weather becomes rainy and some flying monster appears. You can easily kill him but each fire shot takes one rune bomb. Does anyone know what is the purpose of that monster? There are no special coins after killing it. It just makes that your rune bomb are wasted. It may happen that you will fight that monster twice.
Old 03 November 2007, 19:35   #6
ppill

If you've got one of the blades that shoot arrows that power up increases their firing range. When you've got any other blade you'll get coins

The baddie that appears after collecting that skull is worth something around 50,000 points.
Old 03 November 2007, 21:59   #7
mailman
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppill View Post
If you've got one of the blades that shoot arrows that power up increases their firing range. When you've got any other blade you'll get coins
Oh, so that is why you have got coins in the chest. You fight with force blade. I always buy sword with two daggers. After loosing a life it is cheaper to have it again (only 300 coins).

Quote:
The baddie that appears after collecting that skull is worth something around 50,000 points.
Worth trouble then How come I didn't notice that he increases the score?
Old 04 November 2007, 10:49   #8
ppill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
Oh, so that is why you have got coins in the chest. You fight with force blade. I always buy sword with two daggers. After loosing a life it is cheaper to have it again (only 300 coins).
But then later instead of coins you'll get those weapons boost and fewer points at the end of each level (bonus).